Ryan Berry - MVC MVP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Berry - MVC MVP?

Anyone have any thoughts on whether he wins the MVP this year? I think if you go by stats alone, he's the obvious answer. However, most of the time the MVP comes from one of the winning teams. In that case, he'd have some stiff competition from Warner at SIU and that RB and UNI. What does everyone think?
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Re: Ryan Berry - MVC MVP?

I think he has to be the front runner. The only thing working against him is the fact its our first year in the league. His performance and numbers all year long definitely merit MVP status. I think the NDSU game solidifies that fact. Without Berry in the game we weren't nearly as good a team.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The stats for those in the running.

Ryan Berry (SDSU-QB) - 1st in Passing Yards (by a mile), 1st in Total Offense, 2nd in Passing Efficiency.

Herb Donaldson (WIU-RB) - 1st in Rushing, 1st in Scoring, 2nd in All Purpose Yards, 8th in Total Offense

Larry Warner (SIU-RB) - 3rd in Rushing, 1st in All Purpose Yards

Just to put things in perspective on the running back numbers.

Minett (SDSU-RB) - 2nd in Rushing, 2nd in Scoring, 3rd in All Purpose, 10th in Total Offense.

I'd also say that Danny Batten has a pretty rock solid argument for Defensive Lineman of the Year. He is currently 1st in the conference with 9 sacks, tied for 2nd with 14.5 Tackles for Loss, as well as being 28th in the league in tackles with 75 as a DE.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
        The stats for those in the running.

Ryan Berry (SDSU-QB) - 1st in Passing Yards (by a mile), 1st in Total Offense, 2nd in Passing Efficiency.

Herb Donaldson (WIU-RB) - 1st in Rushing, 1st in Scoring, 2nd in All Purpose Yards, 8th in Total Offense

Larry Warner (SIU-RB) - 3rd in Rushing, 1st in All Purpose Yards

Just to put things in perspective on the running back numbers.

Minett (SDSU-RB) - 2nd in Rushing, 2nd in Scoring, 3rd in All Purpose, 10th in Total Offense.

I'd also say that Danny Batten has a pretty rock solid argument for Defensive Lineman of the Year. He is currently 1st in the conference with 9 sacks, tied for 2nd with 14.5 Tackles for Loss, as well as being 28th in the league in tackles with 75 as a DE.

Herb's not winning it even with his 1600+ yards. They were 4-4 in the conference and he piled a lot of his yards on the poor rush defenses of ISU, MSU and the other ISU.

IF Berry would have finished the drive against SIU, it would be hands down unanimous.

I would lean at Warner because of two points made: SDSU is new to the conference, SIU won the league.

Nobody from UNI, even at 7-1, is in the running. Corey Lewis would be the closest, but Minett's stats are better than his. UNI's defense is what got them to 7-1. Thus they will probably have the d-lineman of the year and defensive player of the year.

Comment

A few comments on the Argus website about Berry and his return to the game. Some real experts out there. Much smarter than our team doctors. Spot on about Stig and how he doesn't care about the kids just winning.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...33/1002/sports

Coach- what about the health and safety of your player? Do they teach a class at SDSU about brain injuries?

It is disappointing that you put winning at all costs ahead of everything else.
          11/24/2008 10:11:36 AM
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I saw both Donaldson and Warner play this year.

Berry is the MVP, IMO....granted he played about half of the Bison game but that kid has a huge heart and is a gamer. Great stats.....should be MVP but probably will not get it. Both SUs will get slighted this year in All-Con picks cus we're the "newbies".

Berry was better than both of those other two.

Comment

Working...
            X