Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't try and pretend like your a victim.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't try and pretend like your a victim.

90% of Bison fans congratulate you guys on the win and believe you are the better team this year. Most of us believe the refs sucked, and they did, but it had little effect on the outcome of the game.

So please don't take "2 threads" that were started by 2 posters and say we're not giving your respect and making excuses for the loss.

We respect you guys and you deserve to win. Your the better team this year.

So don't try to play the role of the victim.

Take the win and run with it.

The season is over so your not going to find a whole lot of fans posting on the website period. Just the hardcore fans

Re: Don't try and pretend like your a victim.

Originally posted by gabe01 View Post
    90% of Bison fans congratulate you guys on the win and believe you are the better team this year. Most of us believe the refs sucked, and they did, but it had little effect on the outcome of the game.

So please don't take "2 threads" that were started by 2 posters and say we're not giving your respect and making excuses for the loss.

We respect you guys and you deserve to win. Your the better team this year.

So don't try to play the role of the victim.

Take the win and run with it.

The season is over so your not going to find a whole lot of fans posting on the website period. Just the hardcore fans
    Thanks for saying that, but I don't think we should have to just silently endure what has become a sizable minority of NDSU fans who are arguing the opposite that you are here.

There are at least four threads on Bisonville dedicated to whining about the referees, suggesting that the only way SDSU could win in Fargo was if the game was given to them by the refs.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14719
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14712
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14730
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14706

That last one is headed "Congrats Bunnies" but quickly devolves into a series of rants about the referees stealing the game. How are we "bunnies" supposed to take that?

Nobody here is saying all Bison fans are whiners. What we're saying is that there is a large number of posters on Bisonville diminishing our team by claiming we didn't deserve to win.

This comes, by the way, after we've endured a solid year of griping about how the best team didn't win LAST year from some Bison fans. While there are many terrific Bison fans out there, oftentimes what we get is a sort of patronizing pat on the head: Cute little bunnies, doing your best out there in the big, bad Bison-dominated world.

Forgive us if we're tired of listening as ANY Bison fans run our team down. Are we supposed to sit back and pretend it's not happening? I'm tired of turning the other cheek while some Bison fans act like SDSU isn't worthy of their respect.
    Last edited by JimmyJack; 11-24-2008, 06:27 AM.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

All I am going to say is that I was not a happy camper after the McNeese game. I thought some of the calls could be questioned especially that one catch by No 5. I don't know how many times photos were posted to dispute my contention. Finally I was convinced that I was wrong. I will say this to our NDSU friends and I quote a former POTUS: " I feel your pain". Good luck and thanks for the compliements. SDSU needs to keep everything in perspective.

BTW, I was a student at SDSU when the Jacks won in Fargo, 1962. That was a long time ago, and its amazing how times have changed since then. To deny an opponent a win for that period of time says much about the NDSU tradition in football.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        Thanks for saying that, but I don't think we should have to just silently endure what has become a sizable minority of NDSU fans who are arguing the opposite that you are here.

There are at least four threads on Bisonville dedicated to whining about the referees, suggesting that the only way SDSU could win in Fargo was if the game was given to them by the refs.

That last one is headed "Congrats Bunnies" but quickly devolves into a series of rants about the referees stealing the game. How are we "bunnies" supposed to take that?

Nobody here is saying all Bison fans are whiners. What we're saying is that there is a large number of posters on Bisonville diminishing our team by claiming we didn't deserve to win.

This comes, by the way, after we've endured a solid year of griping about how the best team didn't win LAST year from some Bison fans. While there are many terrific Bison fans out there, oftentimes what we get is a sort of patronizing pat on the head: Cute little bunnies, doing your best out there in the big, bad Bison-dominated world.

Forgive us if we're tired of listening as ANY Bison fans run our team down. Are we supposed to sit back and pretend it's not happening? I'm tired of turning the other cheek while some Bison fans act like SDSU isn't worthy of their respect.
        Bisonville has 460 active members. (3,000+ total members) I've counted 5 who blamed the game on refs. Of those 5, 3 of them said SDSU was deserving of the win and the better team. 2 of them are chronic homers. I guess I don't know what else you want from the NDSU fans. I think we're being borderline too nice if you ask me!

Comment

I would check your NDSU math again. Victim no! Winner of the Dakota Marker again yes! As much as the Bison want to diminsh the win it won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            I would check your NDSU math again. Victim no! Winner of the Dakota Marker again yes! As much as the Bison want to diminsh the win it won't happen.
            No. People who are whining about NDSU fans must need drama in lives.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

When you generalize and imply MOST Bison fans are blaming the refs it pisses me off. Actually, it's worse than blaming the refs because your blaming ME for the actions of 5 people. It's the same as stereotyping.

And it is possible you that you can win a game fair and square AND have crappy refs? Sorry man but the out of bounds personal foul play was the worst call I have seen in 25 years of watching NDSU football. He was a full yard in bounds and the ref who was in positon to make the call didn't throw a flag but the jackass ref who was 10 yards back and out of position threw a flag and didn't even have a discussion with each other ref who made no call. Sorry it had to happen but when they make a call THAT BAD it's not going to go without notice.

That being said nobody knows what would have happened if he hadn't called it. The jacks were running well on offense so I'm confident they would have gotten into field goal range anyway.

Comment

I would just like to say that this board right now should be about our team, our seniors, their season and a huge win in Fargo. Bison fans need to go back to their own board to whine, complain and make excuses. As for our fans, if you don't want to hear or see all of their excuses then don't go read their message board. I would like to think that our fans would never act like this after a tough loss and from our previous losses, I haven't heard much whining and complaining at all. The fact of it the matter is that one play doesn't make the game. We drove the whole field on the drive and they think that the only reason we score is because of the penalties? If Berry was in there, we would have driven the field the whole game and it wouldn't even have been close. If I remember correctly, we only were stopped once with Berry in and that was right when he came back in the game. One could talk about the pass interference call on us or the lack of the call against the dude that hit the ball of of JaRon's hands after his catch. We won with a backup QB that did a good job a keeping us in it until Berry made it back in the game. Which brings me to a good question, if Craw doesn't break his wrist does Berry ever come back in and win the game for us? From what I hear, no he wouldn't have. Interesting thought

Comment

Don't let the Bison fans try and hide it. They think they are better than us right now because they were better than us for the better part of 40 years. Since the transition its been even and now we have won the last 2 games and finished ahead of them in conference. We gotta keep this going.

That was then and this is now. Bison fans ought to quit whining and start figuring out how they are going to keep up with the Jackrabbits. As for us, we should enjoy this win while also acclerating plans for the future. I got a call from the SDSU Foundation last night asking for a little extra donation. Good timing.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by RABBITALUM08 View Post
                    Which brings me to a good question, if Craw doesn't break his wrist does Berry ever come back in and win the game for us? From what I hear, no he wouldn't have. Interesting thought
                    I know the answer. Crawford and company win. He was doing a nice job for having very little actual-game experience this year. He'll settle in nicely next year and we're going to be very proud of our quarterback.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      Don't let the Bison fans try and hide it. They think they are better than us right now because they were better than us for the better part of 40 years. Since the transition its been even and now we have won the last 2 games and finished ahead of them in conference. We gotta keep this going.

That was then and this is now. Bison fans ought to quit whining and start figuring out how they are going to keep up with the Jackrabbits. As for us, we should enjoy this win while also acclerating plans for the future. I got a call from the SDSU Foundation last night asking for a little extra donation. Good timing.
                      If you really think that than your worse than the 5 Bison fans who blamed the refs. I doubt most fans feel like you do.

We don't think we're better this year and if you actually read most of the threads most fans felt you were the better team coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by RABBITALUM08 View Post
                        I would just like to say that this board right now should be about our team, our seniors, their season and a huge win in Fargo. Bison fans need to go back to their own board to whine, complain and make excuses. As for our fans, if you don't want to hear or see all of their excuses then don't go read their message board. I would like to think that our fans would never act like this after a tough loss and from our previous losses, I haven't heard much whining and complaining at all. The fact of it the matter is that one play doesn't make the game. We drove the whole field on the drive and they think that the only reason we score is because of the penalties? If Berry was in there, we would have driven the field the whole game and it wouldn't even have been close. If I remember correctly, we only were stopped once with Berry in and that was right when he came back in the game. One could talk about the pass interference call on us or the lack of the call against the dude that hit the ball of of JaRon's hands after his catch. We won with a backup QB that did a good job a keeping us in it until Berry made it back in the game. Which brings me to a good question, if Craw doesn't break his wrist does Berry ever come back in and win the game for us? From what I hear, no he wouldn't have. Interesting thought
                        Edit: sorry I think I misread your post. I think you would have scored anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by gabe01 View Post
                          When you generalize and imply MOST Bison fans are blaming the refs it pisses me off. Actually, it's worse than blaming the refs because your blaming ME for the actions of 5 people. It's the same as stereotyping.

And it is possible you that you can win a game fair and square AND have crappy refs? Sorry man but the out of bounds personal foul play was the worst call I have seen in 25 years of watching NDSU football. He was a full yard in bounds and the ref who was in positon to make the call didn't throw a flag but the jackass ref who was 10 yards back and out of position threw a flag and didn't even have a discussion with each other ref who made no call. Sorry it had to happen but when they make a call THAT BAD it's not going to go without notice.

That being said nobody knows what would have happened if he hadn't called it. The jacks were running well on offense so I'm confident they would have gotten into field goal range anyway.

I will admit that late hit call was terrible, but you are also correct in saying no one knows what would have happened had they not called it. We very well could have marched right down the field and scored without the late hit penalty. So this penalty may not have affected the game.

The helmet-to-helmet hit on Jaron was also questionable. Was it wrong? Depends who you ask. That official has to call things in real time, not by looking at slow motion replays. I will give them the benefit of the doubt on that call. Not to mention the announcers were also on the fence for that call. Also, they should have called unsportsmanlike conduct on the guy who swatted the ball out of Jaron's hands when he showed the catch. Honestly, that is was I thought the flag was for when I saw the ref throw it. So that penalty didn't affect the outcome of the game.

Another time an NDSU receiver made a great catch and stood up and started jawing at our DB. Isn't that taunting and a 15 yard penalty? I believe so...it wasn't called and probably should have been. Would this have prevented NDSU from scoring on that drive....know one knows. This penalty could have affected the game.

Was the officiating bad, it wasn't great by no means, but I DID NOT have an affect on the outcome of the game. There were questionable calls both ways which is part of the game. So people need to quit whining about it and give the JACKS credit for beating NDSU in Fargo. They earned it....hands down.

One more thing. I respect NDSU, but after many plays they seem to celebrate like they just won the damn Superbowl (Yet they didn't even with the Dakota Marker). This is totally classless. On the play where Berry got his bell rung the linebacked damn near took his head off with his knee when he got up. Totally uncalled for.

Comment

I looked over on Bisonville at a lot of the posts and there is a lot of whining about the calls.

Nobody is talking about the the missed field goals, the interception, or the slow start from their offense. Funny how that works.

In a game like that the thing that determines the outcome more times than not is turnovers and special teams. That was exactly the case Saturday night!

I still have permagrin from that game!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                              I looked over on Bisonville at a lot of the posts and there is a lot of whining about the calls.

Nobody is talking about the the missed field goals, the interception, or the slow start from their offense. Funny how that works.

In a game like that the thing that determines the outcome more times than not is turnovers and special teams. That was exactly the case Saturday night!

I still have permagrin from that game!

SUPERBUNNY
                              Are you going to the same bisonville? There is an entire thread devoted to how crappy our kicker is. There is also an entire thread blaming the QB. Then there is an entire thead ripping the special teams units.

Comment

Working...
                              X