Bison Excuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison Excuses

Well here we go again last year it was all the injuries on the Bison Squad as the primary reason the they lost to us and this year it's the officials who "gave us the game in the words of some over on Bisonville and AGS. I know we should all ignore them and expect the majority of fans in Bisonland will never admit we earned the victory. I honestly believe we have a superior team and coaching and proved it again this year. I think this game would have been lopsided if Berry was able to play the entire the game. Defense forced a lot of 3 and outs late in the game.

Re: Bison Excuses

The officiating thread on Bisonville is now into its fourth page of whining. I think that an awful large number of the posters there derive an unhealthy percentage of their self-esteem from the Bison. Get a life, guys.

Update: We're now up to two officiating threads on Bisonville. I rest my case.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

If you guys read through the comments and not just the titles of the threads, you will see that the vast majority of the posts credit sdsu with the win - you made the plays you needed to to win the game, no doubt. I would say almost everyone congratulates you on your win! You guys have a great team. Almost all the posts were focused on about 3 or 4 calls - and they were definitely blown calls - but many of the posters said that those bad calls did not decide the outcome. If we get beat by a better team, we are man enough to admit it - and last night we got beat by a better team. The officiating was bad, but it didn't cost us the game, you won, end of story! I would say most posters are complaining more about our kicker and our qb, which has been a running storyline the entire season.
      Anyway, I hope everyone who made the trip had a safe trip back, i enjoyed meeting some of you at tailgating, and we'll see you next season down at CAS!

Comment

JJ, when you break up the film and post it be sure you take a good look at SDSU's penalties. There were a few bad calls there also.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by MHDBisonfan View Post
          If you guys read through the comments and not just the titles of the threads, you will see that the vast majority of the posts credit sdsu with the win - you made the plays you needed to to win the game, no doubt. I would say almost everyone congratulates you on your win! You guys have a great team. Almost all the posts were focused on about 3 or 4 calls - and they were definitely blown calls - but many of the posters said that those bad calls did not decide the outcome. If we get beat by a better team, we are man enough to admit it - and last night we got beat by a better team. The officiating was bad, but it didn't cost us the game, you won, end of story! I would say most posters are complaining more about our kicker and our qb, which has been a running storyline the entire season.
          Anyway, I hope everyone who made the trip had a safe trip back, i enjoyed meeting some of you at tailgating, and we'll see you next season down at CAS!
          No need to defend what is happening over there MHD. I think for the most part we understand that many of the Bison fans do have the class to say congrats. But there are a few that drive us up a wall and we do a good job of letting them. Take a look at BisonBacker's post over here and you'll see what we are talking about.
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
            No need to defend what is happening over there MHD. I think for the most part we understand that many of the Bison fans do have the class to say congrats. But there are a few that drive us up a wall and we do a good job of letting them. Take a look at BisonBacker's post over here and you'll see what we are talking about.
            Whats this we you have a turd in your pocket? I congratulated you, I said you have a better team what more do you want. You just don't like the fact that the refs blew the calls and it clearly affected the potential outcome of the game. Sorry if you don't like the facts getting in the way of your "win".

Comment

There was some questionable calls, both ways, but I don't think any of them where game changers....

But I think anybody who thinks that the bison where the better team is smokin some good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonbacker View Post
                Whats this we you have a turd in your pocket? I congratulated you, I said you have a better team what more do you want. You just don't like the fact that the refs blew the calls and it clearly affected the potential outcome of the game. Sorry if you don't like the facts getting in the way of your "win".
                It seems to me that you woke up this morning with the turd in your pocket.
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                  It seems to me that you woke up this morning with the turd in your pocket.

You really know how to win with class NOT. What an ass.

Comment

Can you guys just PM your insults to one another. I don't want to see them on the board.
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Getting too smacky in a non-smack thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonbacker View Post
                        Sorry, the facts are that your team did not do enough to win the game. Blaming others for a NDSU loss seems more like a way of life then excepting that you were beat fair and square. Blaming others and the refs sounds more like a UXD thing to do. Both of our schools should be happy that such a great competitive clean rivaly comes down to the end of a close hard fought game. Good job to NDSU for having a very good year, even if the results dont line up with what your fans are use too. We had to play a great game to win and we did just that. We made stops when we needed too and scored when we needed too. We made one more good play at the end of the game compared to ndsu to win it, thats how i see it.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by MHDBisonfan View Post
                          If you guys read through the comments and not just the titles of the threads, you will see that the vast majority of the posts credit sdsu with the win - you made the plays you needed to to win the game, no doubt. I would say almost everyone congratulates you on your win!
                          Actually, I read all the threads. It's running about 5-1 whining over congrats.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Even though the picks have been made and the bracket is set, I still think the Bison will make the playoffs. They were just so good, especially last year. Did you see em beat Minnesota last year? 6-5 record. Bah. They were beat by good teams like Youngstown State. They should go to the playoffs because they are North Dakota State dammit!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BallZach View Post
                              Even though the picks have been made and the bracket is set, I still think the Bison will make the playoffs. They were just so good, especially last year. Did you see em beat Minnesota last year? 6-5 record. Bah. They were beat by good teams like Youngstown State. They should go to the playoffs because they are North Dakota State dammit!!!
                              Can we have a write in vote?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X