2009 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Schedule

Congratulations on another great season Jacks. Time to start thinking about the 2009 Schedule. We will have the 3 best teams in the conference from 2008 at CAS in 2009. Another tough non-conference schedule with no patsies. Look forward to seeing Georgia Southern again.

Sat, Sep 12 Georgia Southern — Cereal Bowl Coughlin-Alumni Stadium TBA

Sat, Sep 19 Indiana State — Beef Bowl * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium TBA

Sat, Sep 26 Illinois State * at Normal, Ill. TBA

Sat, Oct 03 Cal Poly at San Luis Obispo, Calif. TBA

Sat, Oct 10 Missouri State * at Springfield, Mo. TBA

Sat, Oct 17 North Dakota State — Dakota Marker Game * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium TBA

Sat, Oct 24 Northern Iowa — Hobo Day * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium TBA

Sat, Oct 31 Youngstown State * at Youngstown, Ohio TBA

Sat, Nov 07 Southern Illinois * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium TBA

Sat, Nov 14 Minnesota at Minneapolis, Minn. TBA

Sat, Nov 21 Western Illinois * at Macomb, Ill. TBA

Re: 2009 Schedule

I'm pretty sure the Dakota Marker Game is on OPENING PHEASANT..... GEESH

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre_Jacks_Fan View Post
      I gotta say if it's that big of a deal for everyone to change their plans to fit in the game and hunting, then who cares. If people would rather be out right away on the opening day, because it's tradition that's their excuse. But the Jackrabbit football team is starting some new traditions in South Dakota. If someone's only excuse is "I GOT TO GET THE LIMIT THE FIRST DAY" and misses the game, that is kinda pathetic. Your chances to watch the Jacks play a home football game are less than the chances you kill a bird all pheasant season. Make this resolution if you live to far away. Kill 1 bird then come to Coughlin to watch the Jacks try to keep the Dakota Marker in Brookings for the third year in a row. We know the Bison fans don't live by sad excuses to explain their absences from a game...well except lakes.

!END RANT!

BTW:

Comment

I don't think you understand. It's not about killing a bird, it's about meeting family and friends that you haven't seen all year. It's about getting back to the farm and seeing the boys. This has been a the tradition before I was born and is very difficult to miss. I know alot of people see where I am coming from.

Comment

I'm guessing it is going to be a night game, so start at noon with a couple of hours of shooting birds, load some of the relatives up in the car and drive to the game. Take in a great Jackrabbit game, drive home & still get to hunt all day Sunday. Still get to see friends, relatives, etc., have drive time to "catch up", get to see the JACKRABBITS play, & more drive time to talk about how great the day was. Or do what I have done....gave up hunting because it interferes with Jackrabbit Saturday's.

Comment

I mentioned that to Oien during the last game at CAS this fall and he and another guy didn't believe me.

I for one can see both arguments for the Opener and for those that don't understand how important it is for everyone. I for one have forgone the last couple of opening Saturdays to come to Jackrabbit games and I took Monday off of work so I could hunt Sunday and Monday. Usually everyone that is coming for the weekend stays for 3-5 days any way.

I for one will be informing my family that I will not make it anywhere for the opener on Sat., but I will be there on Sunday and Monday.

We will see what happens. No sense in b*tching about it for the whole year.

Comment

I have been hard on this in the past but have come to understand what family traditions are about. I was forced to miss my first home game in 5 years this year and had plans to attend the UNI and NDSU games but family commitments kept me from each.

I think it is important that we all do everything we can to get to games and support the program. But in the end the fans that visit here are only a small part of the solution. Brookings has to become a destination on football Saturdays for many more people throughout the state. It has started to happen but will take time to be as strong as we all would like it to be.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

They should look into making it a Thursday night game.... Its a short enough bus trip that it would work.....

Comment

Not unless there is a nationwide television audience
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by m11jacks View Post
                    I'm guessing it is going to be a night game, so start at noon with a couple of hours of shooting birds, load some of the relatives up in the car and drive to the game. Take in a great Jackrabbit game, drive home & still get to hunt all day Sunday. Still get to see friends, relatives, etc., have drive time to "catch up", get to see the JACKRABBITS play, & more drive time to talk about how great the day was. Or do what I have done....gave up hunting because it interferes with Jackrabbit Saturday's.
                    You do realize that SD is 400 miles accross right? Not exactly a close drive for half of the South Dakotan's considering Brookings is on the far east side of the state.

Comment

Each person has his or her own priorities and I have no problem with that. Just make sure you share those unused season tickets for that game with other JACKRABBIT FANS!
                      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Yes I do realize SD geography. For example, Pierre is 3 hrs west of Brookings, so you start hunting at noon, hunt for 2.5 hours (should have your 3 bird limit if hunting is as good as they say in the central part of the state), jump in the car for a 3 hour drive & arrive in Brookings for GAMEDAY around 6 pm. I understand the whole "opening weekend" tradition, but think about adding another element to the "opening weekend" tradition. No time like now to start building on tradition. Not going to work for everyone, but for those within a couple of hours drive time, why not. Chances are you will be up late anyways shooting the breeze, telling tall tales, and one times......

Comment

3rd week of October is always the opener!

Comment

Sad thing is the city of Brookings would prefer to have the game on a different date since all the motels will already be full with hunters and they probably would like another full weekend for football.

Comment

If you are hunting pheasants 400 miles west of Brookings, you may as well come to the game. You'll have a better chance hitting one with your car on the way than shooting one in the hills
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                              X