Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pittsburgh Penguins declare impasse for arena

The Penguins might still be Kansas City-bound:
    PITTSBURGH (AP) -- The Penguins moved a step closer to leaving Pittsburgh, declaring on Monday an impasse in their new arena negotiations with state and local leaders and saying they will actively pursue relocation.

The breakdown in arena talks came only three days after Gov. Ed Rendell said he felt an agreement was close. It also increases the possibility the Penguins -- currently one of the NHL's most attractive franchises -- will be playing in Kansas City next season.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Pittsburgh Penguins declare impasse for arena

Is hockey a big deal in Kansas City?

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
      Is hockey a big deal in Kansas City?
      Not right now, but it will be if the Penguins come . . . word is that they're one of the best young teams in the game and a definite Stanley Cup contender. My only problem will be to try to figure out a season ticket package that will fit into my busy Jackrabbit basketball schedule . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Not right now, but it will be if the Penguins come . . . word is that they're one of the best young teams in the game and a definite Stanley Cup contender. My only problem will be to try to figure out a season ticket package that will fit into my busy Jackrabbit basketball schedule . . .
        Come on filbert, even basketball is better than hockey. Why even bother with it?
        ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
          Come on filbert, even basketball is better than hockey. Why even bother with it?
          ;D ;D
          Well, KC is at heart a baseball/football/college basketball town right now, but there's an active group working down here to bring the NHL to the Sprint Center. Nobody thought hockey would take off in Dallas, either . . .
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Well, KC is at heart a baseball/football/college basketball town right now, but there's an active group working down here to bring the NHL to the Sprint Center. Nobody thought hockey would take off in Dallas, either . . .
            Don't bring up Dallas, the day the North Stars left is the day that hockey died for me. Oh, MN has the Wild now, but it is just not the same. I'm not bitter, I was just real upset.

Comment

I think you would be one of a very, very, small number of North Star fans that are not bitter.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

It sounds like the Penguins are staying in Pittsburgh from what Sportscenter just said.

Comment

Working...
                X