• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVFC the last weekend.

SIU wins in OT over Ill St.

YSU beat WIU.

UNI up by two TD's over SUU right now.

SIU gets the autobid. If UNI doesn't choke they get a playoff spot. We should have beat SIU last weekend and we would be looking at tie for the conference title and a playoff spot. Damn.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: MVFC the last weekend.

UNI did win.

Miss St. beat Ind St. in OT. No wins for Ind. St. this year.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      UNI did win.

Miss St. beat Ind St. in OT. No wins for Ind. St. this year.
      After the loss tonight, Ind St may have a chance at home next year against the Bison.

Comment

Start with 6 rated teams, and at the end we'll be lucky to have 3 in top 25. I have the Jacks 20th.

Literally 2 plays from 9-3, and Co-champs with UNI, and an easy play-off pick.

Great year for the Jacks, and we're closer to play-offs in future. Don't think we'll get there with only 1 yr of Crawford at QB, really need another two yr starter, like Berry.

THANK YOU SENIORS FOR A GREAT YEAR!

Comment

Texas State got in to the playoffs with 4 loses! Didn't we stomp them last year??

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
            Texas State got in to the playoffs with 4 loses! Didn't we stomp them last year??
            Texas state was the automatic qualifier from the Southland. Central Arkansas won the conference but was inelgible because they are still in transition.

Comment

Turns out ISU(RED) lost more than a game.
              http://pantagraph.com/articles/2008/...c157015029.txt
              His face red from an emotional meeting with his players moments before, Denver Johnson stepped down as Illinois State football coach Saturday after the Redbirds’ season-ending 17-10 overtime loss to Southern Illinois at Hancock Stadium.

After discussing the defeat at the postgame news conference in the Kaufman Football Building, Johnson read aloud his statement of resignation and did not take additional questions.

“I am stepping aside as head football coach at Illinois State University,” Johnson said. “Dr. (Sheahon) Zenger and I have agreed upon a course of action that we both feel confident will generate positive momentum for the advancement of our program.

“It has been an honor and a privilege to serve this great institution and athletics department. Illinois State will always have a special place in the hearts of the Johnson family.”

Johnson finished his ninth year as head of the ISU program with a 3-8 record. His overall mark with the Redbirds is 48-54.

Zenger, ISU’s athletics director, met with Johnson Saturday morning and the decision was made before the game.

“Denver Johnson is a good football coach and an even better man. It has been an honor and a privilege to work with him,” Zenger said. “He has represented ISU with class and dignity every step of the way. His biggest concern was that the players hear first.

“I want people to know that even though Denver resigned today, I do not view him as a failure. He provided a solid foundation for this program for the next coach.”

Comment

I wonder if Ed Meierkort will show some interest in the ISU job. He grew up in Illinois and does a pretty good job recruiting Wisconsin and Chicago. This might be a good location for him. I just wonder if ISU is interested.
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                X