Dakota Marker Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dakota Marker Game

Well, its not for anything more than the marker. Despite what NDSU fans might want to believe, they weren't eligible for a FBS bowl game last year and they aren't going to be in the playoffs this year. We have almost 50 years of losses to overcome in Fargo and it might as well be this year.

Main reason for this post, I can't make it up to Fargo. Next best thing that I can figure out is watching the game with fellow Jackrabbit fans at the local brew pub.

Where: Ben's Brewing Company in Yankton, SD. Ben has agreed to host a Yankton Jackrabbit Club sponsored gathering for the game.

When: I should be there no later than 5:30 Saturday the 22nd to set things up. Feel free to bring your favorite dish/snack to pass. A bag of chips will work. Ben has plenty of great beer (Smithwicks is my favorite) and wine and its smoke free. Game kicks off at 6 pm. Where you Jackrabbit gear. Bring your friends, NDSU fans included, and lets cheer the while the Jacks retain possession of The Marker.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Dakota Marker Game

Poll over at AGS. Bison fans are a unique breed to say the least. Make yourselves heard (not herd).

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ad.php?t=52467
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I decided that listening to the games on the computer wasn't enough so I had to beg, borrow, and steal my way to some tickets and decided to fly up for it. Really excited to watch this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
        I decided that listening to the games on the computer wasn't enough so I had to beg, borrow, and steal my way to some tickets and decided to fly up for it. Really excited to watch this game.
        This Dakota Marker game should be a sharp match-up, but I would expect that the Jacks are going to be REALLY after this game. If they are reviewing game film, I think that they'll see that the Bison are quite one dimensional this year. Let Roehl roll. Mertens doesn't pass well. If we focus on the Bison like we did on WIU shut down the power back and pressure Mertens, forcing him to beat us, not Roehl, IMHO, we will win.

Comment

It's simple if you stack the box against the run and Tyler and force Mertens to pass (which he can't) we lose. If I was your coaches I'd be planning lots of 8 men in the box defensive play calling to force the pass and watch Mertens throw pick after pick.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonbacker View Post
            It's simple if you stack the box against the run and Tyler and force Mertens to pass (which he can't) we lose. If I was your coaches I'd be planning lots of 8 men in the box defensive play calling to force the pass and watch Mertens throw pick after pick.
            That's what we did with SIU yesterday, and it really did work. We held Warner to 70-some yards and SIU to 102 yards total rushing. Take away a couple of dumb plays (like kicking the ball to Warner) and even dumber penalties, and we win.

We've got the players to stuff the run and force Mertens to pass. One thing Jacks fans need to remember is that NDSU's defense is still very good. Luckily, our offense is even better. NDSU is a great program and they'll be up for this game. So SDSU has to recover from the disappointment of SIU and get to work.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Expecting a Fulll house at Dome for the Bison game...

Bison should be more more motivated after last years "game", fluke, watever you wana call it. Plus Bison still have slim chance at playoffs...albeit slim

Also, add the fact that SDSU hasn't won in Fargo since Kenndedy Administration.

Comment

Originally posted by lcbison
                Just Jacked for the Bison game on Saturday....no pun intended...

Expecting a victory for the Herd and sneaking into the playoffs....

bison will be much more motiviated than Jacks as they got chance (albeit slim) of playoffs, add that due to the Fact that jacks haven't won in Fargo since Kennedy Administration.
                Is this the infamous Lake City Bison who last year at this time was saying the Bison would get a BCS bowl game invite after they beat the Jacks in Brookings ? We all know how that turned out !

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Is this the infamous Lake City Bison who last year at this time was saying the Bison would get a BCS bowl game invite after they beat the Jacks in Brookings ? We all know how that turned out !

I believe your thinking of Lakes Bison....

so no im not Lakes.....

im sure he will be here soon enough...

Comment

Originally posted by lcbison View Post
                    Expecting a Fulll house at Dome for the Bison game...

Bison should be more more motivated after last years "game", fluke, watever you wana call it. Plus Bison still have slim chance at playoffs...albeit slim

Also, add the fact that SDSU hasn't won in Fargo since Kenndedy Administration.
                    Give up on the playoffs it aint happenin.

Second call it a fluke if you want but if it happens twice in two tries its a trend.

If this game was in Brookings I'd say Jacks by 17. But since its in Fargo its a tossup.
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Plus Bison still have slim chance at playoffs...albeit slim
                      Slim? Try none.

1. Four losses already
                      2. Very weak out-of-conference schedule (Austin Peay and Central Connecticut? Give me a break.)
                      3. No better than a tie for third in the conference
                      4. Only 7 D1 wins, max
                      5. Bad loss to an awful Youngstown team.

Add it up. No chance for playoffs for NDSU. Zero.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                        Give up on the playoffs it aint happenin.

Second call it a fluke if you want but if it happens twice in two tries its a trend.

If this game was in Brookings I'd say Jacks by 17. But since its in Fargo its a tossup.

Would rather have a slim chance than none...

Heck, you'all thought you had a chance before Southern Illinois...when your best possible record was 7-4.......

Comment

Heck, you'all thought you had a chance before Southern Illinois...when your best possible record was 7-4.......
                          We play 12 games this year. So our best possible record before yesterday was 8-4. Try to keep up.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            We play 12 games this year. So our best possible record before yesterday was 8-4. Try to keep up.

sorry not an expert on SDSU football....(judging by your attendance there aren't many)

Anyways..... My prediction for Saturday

Bison 34
                            Jacks 31

Marker stays in Fargo, saturday night

Comment

I am not going to try to go too far into smack as I would like to have a substantive discussion about the game, although with Bison fans like this making their way over it will not likely happen.

Again, you have none. Its not slim its none. Its only slim by your measure which is actually equally slim for the Jacks. Whoever wins the game will have 7 wins and would be eligible. While the Bison do have a better signature win with SIU vs SDSU with WIU you also have a much worse loss Youngstown vs SDSU with McNeese

sorry not an expert on SDSU football....(judging by your attendance there aren't many)
                              Ha ha funny funny and not undeserved. But its just smack and attendance has no bearing on the fact that SDSU is the better team this year. Will that bear out on Saturday? Who knows. There is 45 years of history that says no but everything that has gone on this year says yes. That's why they play em.
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                              X