USD Women playing at Vermillion High School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD Women playing at Vermillion High School

USD women are playing their 1st two games of their Div. I era at the Vermillion High School gym. What a way to start your Div I careers. Oh to have a multi use facility like the Dakota Dome.

Re: USD Women playing at Vermillion High School

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    USD women are playing their 1st two games of their Div. I era at the Vermillion High School gym. What a way to start your Div I careers. Oh to have a multi use facility like the Dakota Dome.

You're kidding right?
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I heard this on the radio this morning and haven't had time to get the details. Someone please provide them. I assume its related to the high school football playoffs and the difficulty Udot has had finding any games for their home schedule.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I bet it is a sell-out with 10,000 screaming fans.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          I heard this on the radio this morning and haven't had time to get the details. Someone please provide them. I assume its related to the high school football playoffs and the difficulty Udot has had finding any games for their home schedule.
          Not often do I laugh out loud when reading posts...but I sure did on this one. You've got to be kidding me!!!

Comment

Oh, nothing but the best.
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I had the same reaction as BtownJack. I'm sure the USD faithful will love this one. Seriously, you can't make this **** up.

One thought though, Vermillion's gym might be a hell of a lot nicer than the Dakota Dome, the world's largest septic tank. Naw, can't be.

There has to be a great explanation for this. I can't wait for some of our flea-bitten 'Yote fans to chime in.

Don't care what the smack is down the road, it will always be followed by, "at least we don't play in a high school gym!"

It just gets better and better being a Jacks fan!

GB, GB, GJ and screw the USDHS!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                You're kidding right?
                Nope; Since I work at Sanford USD Medical Center they send around emails giving away tickets to various events and the upcoming USD women's games this weekend happened to be one them. I noticed on the email they were playing at Vermillion High School (because of scheduling conflicts. I am guessing Football Championships had to do with the Saturday conflict, but not sure why the Sunday conflict.

Comment

Nope; Since I work at Sanford USD Medical Center they send around emails giving away tickets to various events and the upcoming USD women's games this weekend happened to be one them. I noticed on the email they were playing at Vermillion High School (because of scheduling conflicts. I am guessing Football Championships had to do with the Saturday conflict, but not sure why the Sunday conflict.
                  Not sure how this could qualify as a conflict. Its not like the HS football championships haven't been on this same weekend every November for the last decade or two.

Comment

I'd certainly rather play in a high school gym and actually win rather than to lose to a D2 school. Southwest Minnesota State anyone.
                    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                      I'd certainly rather play in a high school gym and actually win rather than to lose to a D2 school. Southwest Minnesota State anyone.
                      If USD is playing at a neutral gym, is that a road game? Those don't count anyway.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The U is playing in Div 1 right? Fom the looks of the schedule they might as well play all their games at the high school.

Comment

[QUOTE=Coyote_Fan;92612]I'd certainly rather play in a high school gym and actually win rather than to lose to a D2 school. Southwest Minnesota State anyone.[/QUOTE

Well we beat SMSU by 42 points. This is a thead about the womens team.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                            The U is playing in Div 1 right? Fom the looks of the schedule they might as well play all their games at the high school.
                            Many DI schools use their older (small) gym for smaller, low attendence events. I think that USD is taking the right steps for their BB program and that they should get out of cavernous Dakota Dome, and back into their old gym (or VHS) on a permanent basis, as that will be the size crowds they attract with their outstanding schedules this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                              Just a reminder that you haven't won a damn thing in D1 yet but:

1. You have made a 1700 mile trip by bus to play a D2 opponent.
                              2. You are playing a game in a high school gym.
                              3. Even playing at home you are in that $hithole DakotaDump, aka. World's Largest Septic Tank.
                              4. Dude, you are playing in a high school gym.

I don't care how big of a 'yote fan you are, you have to be shaking your head and asking what is next. Guess what, transition only gets worse!

I'm not sure what it is like in your pathetic little world but I bet the weather is always nice there, just like in the DakotaDump.

GB, GB, GJ and screw the U!

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X