Threadjacking, a Bison tradition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threadjacking, a Bison tradition

Just had to get that off my chest. You go over to AGS and under the SDSU @ SIU thread there is an ongoing discussion about the Bison's playoff chances. It seems like 90% of thread titles not involving the Bison end up jacked by Bison fans. Maybe I'm over reacting. I like the Bison better than the sue or the yotes but they are a damn myopic crew. The MVC title and playoff spots come down to 3 teams, SDSU, UNI and SIU. Thats just the way it is.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Threadjacking, a Bison tradition

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Just had to get that off my chest. You go over to AGS and under the SDSU @ SIU thread there is an ongoing discussion about the Bison's playoff chances. It seems like 90% of thread titles not involving the Bison end up jacked by Bison fans. Maybe I'm over reacting. I like the Bison better than the sue or the yotes but they are a damn myopic crew. The MVC title and playoff spots come down to 3 teams, SDSU, UNI and SIU. Thats just the way it is.
    I'll note that the threadjacker was none other than MPLSbison, who is so notoriously off the wall that he's been banned at bisonville. If you've been at AGS for while you know who the CADs are, and when you see them posted, take it with a grain of salt. Unfortunately, newbies respond as tho this CAD is a legit poster.
    Last edited by rabidrabbit; 11-12-2008, 12:45 PM. Reason: Mplsbison - disowned by all who know him.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
      I'll note that the threadjacker was none other than MPLSbison, who is so notoriously off the wall that he's been banned at bisonville. If you've been at AGS for while you know who the CADs are, and when you see them posted, take it with a grain of salt. Unfortunately, newbies respond as tho this CAD is a legit poster.
      I know of MPLS rep but I'm feeling my oats a bit today and wanted to stir the pot with the Bison fans. Sometimes I think our fans want to be so chummy with them that they don't stand up for the Jacks. We need to win out this year and that means a win in Fargo. I don't care about the last 40 years, doesn't mean the past doesn't matter but the past really doesn't matter. We have a much better team than NDSU right now and we are going to win in Fargo. Most NDSU fans, okay maybe not most but a lot of them, still haven't recognized our win in Brookings last year as anything more than a fluke. Those same fans still believe NDSU is better than SDSU and deserves equal consideration for the playoffs. That may be true at the end of the year but right now they need to give us our props. Don't get me wrong, its mostly just in fun. We don't need their approval by our guys deserve it.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

All those Bison fans are going to go Ape $hit Bonkers if we win the game in Fargo in a couple weeks.

Maybe then they will realize they are not football royalty, destined for winning season after winning season simply because they are the big bad NDSU Bison who play in the artificial noise infested FFD.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Most NDSU fans, okay maybe not most but a lot of them, still haven't recognized our win in Brookings last year as anything more than a fluke.
          For some Bison fans, every loss is a fluke. Every season could be undefeated if only this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and that had happened.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I've gotten my self fired up a few times over on AGS due to a few Bison posters.
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Those Bison posters that are knowledgeable, Hammersmith, Fargo, JBB are very worried that the Jacks will win in Fargo.

IMHO - Jacks have probably the best chance in YEARS to win in Fargo.

One game at a time tho. Let's beat them Egyptian Dawgs first!

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                For some Bison fans, every loss is a fluke. Every season could be undefeated if only this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and that had happened.

Of course. Bison fans are not accustomed to losing - never have been and never will be. I would expect nothing less. So long as all of that purported "if only" stuff doesn't get overly ridiculous, you can go ahead and file it under "Disappointed Fans Looking for Answers".

Being good at losing is for losers

Comment

Most NDSU fans, okay maybe not most but a lot of them, still haven't recognized our win in Brookings last year as anything more than a fluke. Those same fans still believe NDSU is better than SDSU and deserves equal consideration for the playoffs. That may be true at the end of the year but right now they need to give us our props. Don't get me wrong, its mostly just in fun. We don't need their approval by our guys deserve it.

Gee whiz... you had 6 home games last year. I hope you won at least one of them.

It is the luxury of a fan to not care about which team is 'actually better'. If you have to always unequivocally acknowledge the team that is 'actually better', being a fan won't be much fun at all. What's there to talk about, then?

How boring would that be???

"They sure are better than us." .................... "Yup."

*please ignore the fact that there's a political figure in this post. just felt the facial expression appropriate here. no politics intended...

Comment

cool picture of normy

Sorry couldn't resist

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Seriously UTH, the pictures you come up with never fail to crack me up!

Also, I agree, the Jacks are a better team than the Bison this year.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I have noticed that a few of Bison fans seem to be in love with themselves. Some of the talk last year about them making it to a bowl game since they weren't playoff eligible was ridiculous, although that talk ended pretty fast after you know what happened. I can't wait to see those guy's reaction if we pull a double whammy by knocking the Fargo monkey off our backs and get a playoff bid.

Comment

I know of MPLS rep but I'm feeling my oats a bit today and wanted to stir the pot with the Bison fans. Sometimes I think our fans want to be so chummy with them that they don't stand up for the Jacks. We need to win out this year and that means a win in Fargo. I don't care about the last 40 years, doesn't mean the past doesn't matter but the past really doesn't matter. We have a much better team than NDSU right now and we are going to win in Fargo. Most NDSU fans, okay maybe not most but a lot of them, still haven't recognized our win in Brookings last year as anything more than a fluke.
                          I agree with your assesment. Let's hope for a major fluke, SDSU by 17+ points! I appreciate their tradition but right now we are better.

NOW IS THE TIME TO START A DYNASTY OF OUR OWN!!!

Screw the U and the Bison 2!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

You can put me in the category that believes SDSU is a little better than NDSU right now. I think it equals out with us playing at the dome. I have my tickets and am ready for a good game. It will be an unbelievable game if SDSU pulls off a win this weekend at SIU.

But on another note:

The Bison only have 4 losses right now correct? If they beat Missouri State this weekend like they should and beat SDSU up at the dome....they still may squeak themselves into the playoffs. Not likely because they will need some help with us beating SIU, etc, but it may happen. TV said that no team with 4 losses has ever not made it into the playoffs from the MVC. Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
                              You can put me in the category that believes SDSU is a little better than NDSU right now. I think it equals out with us playing at the dome. I have my tickets and am ready for a good game. It will be an unbelievable game if SDSU pulls off a win this weekend at SIU.

But on another note:

The Bison only have 4 losses right now correct? If they beat Missouri State this weekend like they should and beat SDSU up at the dome....they still may squeak themselves into the playoffs. Not likely because they will need some help with us beating SIU, etc, but it may happen. TV said that no team with 4 losses has ever not made it into the playoffs from the MVC. Just my two cents.

I think he said no MVFC team with 8 wins have never NOT made the playoffs. In a typical year of 11 games is 7-4 with 4 losses, and in that case only a few FCS teams have been in the playoffs with a 7-4 record.
                              IMHO they have as good a chance at getting in the playoffs as they had getting into a Bowl game last year.
                              Go Jacks!!
                              Last edited by propar80; 11-13-2008, 08:43 PM.
                              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                              X