Berry Valley Football Player of Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berry Valley Football Player of Week

No surprise here: Ryan Berry named player of the week (Offense) for the Missouri Valley Football Conference today (11/9/08):

This week's Missouri Valley Football Players of the Week are QB Ryan Berry of South Dakota State, CB Korey Lindsey of Southern Illinois, and punter Erik Johnson of Youngstown State. Berry set a league record with seven TD passes, Lindsey had two key interceptions in the final two minutes of SIU's win against Western Illinois and Johnson helped Youngstown State past Indiana State with key punts in his first game as the team's punter.

Offense
    QB Ryan Berry, South Dakota State, Sr., 6-3, 190, Watertown (S.D.) High
     Berry set Missouri Valley Football Conference and South Dakota State single-game records with seven touchdown passes in a 52-21 victory over Illinois State on Saturday. He finished the game 17-of-29 passing for 237 yards, also setting Jackrabbit career marks for completions and touchdowns. Berry threw for five touchdowns in the first half, with plays covering 11, 51, 40, 8 and 16 yards. His second-half touchdowns were from 4 and 3 yards out.

In the same article, SDSU's Chris Johnson (LB, 8 tackles, 1 interception); Pete Reifenrath (PK, 7-of-7 on PATs and 1-of-1 on FGs (27-yarder), named to the list of nine "Other Stars".

Link to the Valley's official site: Here.

Re: Berry Valley Football Player of Week

Gotta be the ultimate no brainer call. Congrats to Ryan and the re-surgent O-Line. Here's to keeping things rolling for two more weeks.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Yeah, I can't believe that took much thought. He did little wrong and would have had even better stats if not for dropped balls. No mistakes at all...and lord knows I've pointed them out in the past. Two very smart, very solid games in a row for Ryan.
      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Berry was also named a national all-star by College Sporting News.

http://www.championshipsubdivisionne...&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Go Jacks!!
        “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Working...
        X