Matt Inman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Inman

TV mentioned in his latest blog that the Jacks have have offered to Matt Inman from Yuma Christian in Arizona.

"SDSU reportedly made the first scholarship offer to quarterback Matt Inman of Yuma Catholic High School. Listed at anywhere from 6-1, 185 to 5-11, 170, Inman has set Arizona career records for passing yards (8,000-plus) and passing touchdowns (100-plus). He can run, too."

Here is his clip from youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI33X95Dtrs

Looks like a good mobile quarterback to me.

Re: Matt Inman

I realize its a highlight reel but wow, impressive. The kid is pretty small though. I'm sure he'll be able to bulk up. If not, he'd get crushed at the FCS level.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
      TV mentioned in his latest blog that the Jacks have have offered to Matt Inman from Yuma Christian in Arizona.

"SDSU reportedly made the first scholarship offer to quarterback Matt Inman of Yuma Catholic High School. Listed at anywhere from 6-1, 185 to 5-11, 170, Inman has set Arizona career records for passing yards (8,000-plus) and passing touchdowns (100-plus). He can run, too."

Here is his clip from youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI33X95Dtrs

Looks like a good mobile quarterback to me.

I'm calling him a Cornerback for SDSU in the future, not Quarterback.

Just my opinion of course!!

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        I realize its a highlight reel but wow, impressive. The kid is pretty small though. I'm sure he'll be able to bulk up. If not, he'd get crushed at the FCS level.
        Jayson Foster from GSU was a pretty small quarterback and he did just fine, and the way it looks this kid is a much better passer than Foster was.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
          I'm calling him a Cornerback for SDSU in the future, not Quarterback.

Just my opinion of course!!

Go Jacks!!
          I would have to agree...I'm guessing we are offering for reasons of athletic ability and him playing another position. We probably won't know until signing day though and that is if he actually does sign with the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            Jayson Foster from GSU was a pretty small quarterback and he did just fine, and the way it looks this kid is a much better passer than Foster was.
            They don't make other Jayson Fosters. If this kid is a second coming of Jayson Foster I hope and pray we can sign him. I don't think he's the next Jayson Foster, could be, I suppose. I'd suggest he get a little bigger and I'm sure he is expected to.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Wow, he is impressive. Looks like he definitely moves well in the pocket and keeps his eyes up the field. He can also run when he needs too. Hopefully he decided to be a Jackrabbit!

Comment

Originally posted by RABBITALUM08 View Post
                Wow, he is impressive. Looks like he definitely moves well in the pocket and keeps his eyes up the field. He can also run when he needs too. Hopefully he decided to be a Jackrabbit!
                Amen, he is the type of running QB I would like to see at SDSU, one that we have not had in years if ever. There is danger though in that its a high school reel of highlights, but Inman would still be a athlete we would want no matter what position he played. Hopefully this kid does not have reservations about playing another position.

Comment

I'm not sure 4.6 in the 40 is fast enough to play cornerback or reciever in the FCS. Would be nice to have a qb that can scramble though. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by OtownJack View Post
                    I'm not sure 4.6 in the 40 is fast enough to play cornerback or reciever in the FCS. Would be nice to have a qb that can scramble though. Just my thoughts.
                    4.6 is pretty fast, actually, for a high school kid. Now, that's if we're talking about a legit 4.6.* There are alot of people who claim to run 4.3's and 4.4's who turn into 4.6 and 4.7 when they aren't being timed by their dad or coach. With some weight training and maturing, if his 4.6 is legit, he could probably turn that into a 4.4 in a year or so after training at the college level. Just something to think about.

*They also have him listed at 6'1" in that video and TV referenced another place that has him at 5'11". Pretty big diff in those two heights.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                    X