Another Long Year For SDSU Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Long Year For SDSU Basketball

Can't even defeat mediocre D2 Southwest Minnesota State. No wonder SDSU wants nothing to do with playing USD in basketball. Enjoy your empty building for more of the same.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Re: Another Long Year For SDSU Basketball

How's your football team doing this year? Have you beaten any D-I teams? No? That's what I thought douc$&. Guess I won't put too much stock in an exhibition game when we only dressed ten and played nine.

Comment

Why are you so quick to change the subject? You are DI, SW Minn is DII, you should be able to beat them with a limited lineup. Is this going to be another year of we are young, we are hurt, just wait until next year ...

Nagy's style in DII worked because he had the right kids and he could get in their face and challenge them. He has not had the right kids since the move to DI and he has struggled to find the right coaching style.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
        Can't even defeat mediocre D2 Southwest Minnesota State. No wonder SDSU wants nothing to do with playing USD in basketball. Enjoy your empty building for more of the same.
        Seems to me we deserve some smack today. If we can dish it out (How was that bus ride to D2-land in NC? The U in USD must stand for Underfunded) we have to be able to take it.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post

Agreed. USD would soundly defeat our Men right now.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
            Agreed. USD would soundly defeat our Men right now.
            I will NEVER go that far!

I will take the smack after a loss like that but I will NEVER concede that SDSU isn't superior to USD in every possible way!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

GB, GB, GJ and screw the U!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Speaking of underfunded ... did I read in the Argus last week that the Dykhouse facility bids came in over budget and some of the cuts to bring it back into line were paint and carpet? It appears not much was raised after the initial $6 million dollars announced a year ago. Life at DI is hard for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake View Post
                Speaking of underfunded ... did I read in the Argus last week that the Dykhouse facility bids came in over budget and some of the cuts to bring it back into line were paint and carpet? It appears not much was raised after the initial $6 million dollars announced a year ago. Life at DI is hard for everyone.
                In the words of the great James Carville, "It's the economy stupid." Those things that were cut are being put back in as it is built and money comes in. Life at DI is a lot easier for SDSU than it is for udot right now. We may have dropped an exhibition game to a DII squad, but we didn't just bus 148,456 miles to play that DII squad.

Oh, and how is udot's new student athlete academic development building coming along?
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  In the words of the great James Carville, "It's the economy stupid." Those things that were cut are being put back in as it is built and money comes in. Life at DI is a lot easier for SDSU than it is for udot right now. We may have dropped an exhibition game to a DII squad, but we didn't just bus 148,456 miles to play that DII squad.

Oh, and how is udot's new student athlete academic development building coming along?
                  they don't need to worry about athletic academic development, they are the Harvard of the plains remember, all of their athletes have a 4.0 gpa
                  Last edited by mango4; 11-04-2008, 10:27 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Don't worry about the Dykhouse center, its going to be great. As for our men's BB program. No idea when we are going to even be respectable again. Things started to be less than great at the end of the DII era and have gone pretty steadily down hill since then. I'm thankful for those who are optimistic but I know what I what I am seeing.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

You're right. It's exactly the same: USD puts its football team on a bus for days to get to a game with a D2 team. And SDSU cuts back slightly on a $6 million athletic building.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        You're right. It's exactly the same: USD puts its football team on a bus for days to get to a game with a D2 team. And SDSU cuts back slightly on a $6 million athletic building.
                        Beat me to it. Love how he claims we deflect the criticism, but then weakly tries to deflect the fact that their football team had to drive 17 hours for a football game against a horrible D2 opponent by pointing out that we have to scale back some of the frills on a BRAND NEW $6 MILLION ATHLETIC FACILITY.

Does our basketball team deserve smack? Definitely. Does USD's athletic program as a whole look like it was thrown together with a shoestring and a prayer and without any semblence of an idea how difficult basic things like "scheduling" and "travel costs" would be? That would be an iron-clad yes. Take a look at our athletic program as a whole, Drake. The $6 million Dykhouse building is just a happy cherry on what has been a undisputed triple-decker ice-cream sundae of athletic success so far for SDSU athletics. But, again, feel free to pound on the men's basketball team. Most of us will agree with you. Time will tell how USD men's team will fare.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                          Beat me to it. Love how he claims we deflect the criticism, but then weakly tries to deflect the fact that their football team had to drive 17 hours for a football game against a horrible D2 opponent by pointing out that we have to scale back some of the frills on a BRAND NEW $6 MILLION ATHLETIC FACILITY.

Does our basketball team deserve smack? Definitely. Does USD's athletic program as a whole look like it was thrown together with a shoestring and a prayer and without any semblence of an idea how difficult basic things like "scheduling" and "travel costs" would be? That would be an iron-clad yes. Take a look at our athletic program as a whole, Drake. The $6 million Dykhouse building is just a happy cherry on what has been a undisputed triple-decker ice-cream sundae of athletic success so far for SDSU athletics. But, again, feel free to pound on the men's basketball team. Most of us will agree with you. Time will tell how USD men's team will fare.
                          Look no further than their current schedule to see just how "promising" a DI future they have. 6-7 game stretches against NAIA and DII teams interupted by sound beatings at the hands of a few DI teams.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It's like I said, Puppy-Chow Fan... try WINNING a game against a D-I opponent before coming on here and talking smack. Of course you'll just dock my rep points like last time, but then, it just shows you can't handle the truth.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                              It's like I said, Puppy-Chow Fan... try WINNING a game against a D-I opponent before coming on here and talking smack. Of course you'll just dock my rep points like last time, but then, it just shows you can't handle the truth.
                              Um...we just lost to a D2 team, an average D2 team. Exhibition game or not, it doesn't really matter.

They don't really need to beat a D1 team in MBB to talk smack to us right now, we deserve the smack after last nights performance.
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                              X