Week 10 FCS Coaches Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 10 FCS Coaches Poll

Here is the poll, bogus that WIU and NDSU are ranked ahead of us. Some of the voters are obviously not well informed.

Team (1st Votes) Record Points Previous Ranking

1. James Madison (28) 8-1 700 1
    2. Appalachian State 7-2 669 2
    3. Cal Poly 6-1 635 3
    4. Northern Iowa 7-2 611 4
    5. Montana 8-1 585 6
    6. Richmond 6-3 548 7
    7. New Hampshire 7-1 513 8
    8. Villanova 6-2 482 10
    9. Southern Illinois 6-2 455 11
    10. Weber State 8-2 433 13
    11. Elon 7-2 411 12
    12. Wofford 6-2 396 5
    13. Massachusetts 6-3 378 15
    14. Central Arkansas 7-2 300 9
    15. McNeese State 5-3 283 16
    16. William and Mary 6-2 267 19
    17. Furman 7-3 243 21
    18. South Carolina State 7-2 206 20
    19. Western Illinois 5-3 191 14
    20. Tennessee Martin 7-2 137 23
    21. Harvard 6-1 97 T24
    22. Tennessee State 7-2 90 NR
    23. North Dakota State 5-4 84 T24
    24. Northern Arizona 6-3 70 18
    25. Liberty 7-2 60 17

Other receiving votes (pts. in parentheses): Colgate (47), Jacksonville State (38), Grambling State (31), Prairie View A&M (27), Maine (24), Georgia Southern (20), Lafayette (14), South Dakota State (12), Dayton (11), Brown (9), Holy Cross (7), Hampton (5), Morgan State (4), UC Davis (3), Northwestern State (3), Albany (1).
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Week 10 FCS Coaches Poll

Coach's polls should be thrown out at all levels. A "Players Poll" would be more informed than some of these Coach's Polls.

Leave the polls to Beat writers like T.V. and computer polls. Even though the computer polls aren't great, they seem to get it right by the end of the year.
    I'm sure I'll be eating those words this year if the Jacks are ahead of SIU or another team in the GPI and SDSU is sitting at home watching the playoffs.

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

There is no way NDSU should be ranked ahead of us. They are there on nothing more than reputation at this point.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I can live with WIU being ranked ahead of us with one less loss. NDSU on the other hand should not be ranked or even receiving more votes than us. They did beat SIU but lost to Youngstown who we stomped on and WIU who we also beat. Agree with MJA that the ranking is based on reputation and not results.

Comment

If you beat SIU you'll probably jump us, but of course everything will be settled in a few weeks regardless.

Comment

I think this thread helps explain some of the bias when ranking teams for polls. The east coast is saturated.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ad.php?t=51630
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

http://www.smebroadcasting.com/football/top25.html

Here is the SME link updated on 11/3
              SDSU is 25th, WIU is 16th, and NDSU is just receiving votes.

Comment

man it irks me to see UNI up that high. I was at that game and we should have beaten them. Say what you will about the McNeese loss, but that UNI game is one that really bothers me. If our D hadn't been banged up, we win that game going away. We should be sitting atop the conference with no losses.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by tdhummel View Post
                  http://www.smebroadcasting.com/football/top25.html

Here is the SME link updated on 11/3
                  SDSU is 25th, WIU is 16th, and NDSU is just receiving votes.
                  WIU is too high and SDSU is too low. Both should be in the 18-20 area. Fortunately its just a poll. We are a top 20 teams for sure. If we win out, thats a big if, we are a top 16 team. We still might not make the playoffs. I can see some morons voting for SIU over SDSU even if we had beaten them 2 weeks before. It would be a travesty but I could see it happening. We are a long ways from worrying about that, though.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    WIU is too high and SDSU is too low. Both should be in the 18-20 area. Fortunately its just a poll. We are a top 20 teams for sure. If we win out, thats a big if, we are a top 16 team. We still might not make the playoffs. I can see some morons voting for SIU over SDSU even if we had beaten them 2 weeks before. It would be a travesty but I could see it happening. We are a long ways from worrying about that, though.
                    When we beat the Salukis, and they're only playing 11 games, with one non-counter (UND), they'll have only 7 D-I wins to our 8. The only team that will make the play-offs with only 7 D-I wins this year will be Poly, with their Hurricane Ike wash-out vs McNeese.

You will see 4 out of the CAA (JMU, Villanova, Richmond (or W&M), and the CAA North winner (UMASS, Maine, UNH)

3 out of SoCon - AppSt, Wofford, and winner of Elon/Furman.

2 out of MoValley - UNI, SIU/SDSU/WIU

Auto only Patriot, Southland, MEAC, OVC.

2 out of Big Sky - Weber St/MT

Cal Poly

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                      When we beat the Salukis, and they're only playing 11 games, with one non-counter (UND), they'll have only 7 D-I wins to our 8. The only team that will make the play-offs with only 7 D-I wins this year will be Poly, with their Hurricane Ike wash-out vs McNeese.

You will see 4 out of the CAA (JMU, Villanova, Richmond (or W&M), and the CAA North winner (UMASS, Maine, UNH)

3 out of SoCon - AppSt, Wofford, and winner of Elon/Furman.

2 out of MoValley - UNI, SIU/SDSU/WIU

Auto only Patriot, Southland, MEAC, OVC.

2 out of Big Sky - Weber St/MT

Cal Poly

Good point Rabid! I didn't think of the UND win being a non-counter for the SkinnyPuppies only giving them 7 D-1 wins vs. SDSU's 8, obviously considering SDSU beating SIU and SDSU winning out. Plus taking into consideration that SDSU played 12 D-1 games versus SIU's 11(really 10), I just can't see the committee keeping the Jacks out if they can somehow knock off the UglyDogs in Carbondale.
                      But, still have to play the games...but sure is fun talking about playoffs only 9 games into our first season of playoff eligiblity.
                      I guarantee NDSU fans would love to be taking playoffs at this point!!

Go Jacks!!
                      Last edited by propar80; 11-04-2008, 01:57 PM.
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                        Good point Rabid! I didn't think of the UND win being a non-counter for SkinnyPuppies only giving them 7 D-1 wins vs. SDSU's 8, obviously considering SDSU beating SIU and SDSU winning out. Plus taking into consideration that SDSU played 12 D-1 games versus SIU's 11(really 10), I just can't see the committee keeping the Jacks out if they can somehow knock off the UglyDogs in Carbondale.
                        But, still have to play the games...but sure is fun talking about playoffs only 9 games into our first season of playoff eligiblity.
                        I guarantee NDSU fans would love to be taking playoffs at this point!!

Go Jacks!!
                        A recent quote from Coach Bohl at NDSU regarding playoffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          A recent quote from Coach Bohl at NDSU regarding playoffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk
                          He actually quoted Mora in his press conference this week.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                            He actually quoted Mora in his press conference this week.
                            Wow...I seriously didn't know that. I'll have to take a look!

Comment

Working...
                            X