• Show
Clear All

• The Redbirds are coming to town

Where the Jacks will be sending them down
    To a MoValley Conference LOSS!

The Big Question of the week,
    Do the Jacks Reserves get a peek?
    Or do the Seniors hit their peak,
    Whether by run, pass, or quarterback sneak?

How many butts will fill in the seats,
    in SD wintery conditions, maybe sleet?
    I'll stay toasty in my southern room,
    And cheer hard to my computer and boom.

So loyal Jacks fans local and quick,
    get out to Coughlin, and help the team pick
    yet another slammin' game,
    and all players, not leaving lame.

Re: The Redbirds are coming to town

Here is the forecast that I am seeing from the NWS:

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. Not sure what the expect for a game time temp.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Good advice from the good doctor, JackMD, posted in another thread:

Go to scheels or Cabelas or Bomgars and by some long underwear. Layer on the clothing starting with a good base that allows your skin to breath and wicks away any sweat. Make sure you have your head covered and warm feet. So, you need sock liners and a quality pair of cold weather socks. I recommend some boots with thinsulate, 32 degrees isn't that cold so 400-600 grams is more than enough. Make sure your neck is covered, I'm a turtle-neck guy just for that reason.

If our guys do their job the game should be well in hand by the end of the 3rd quarter. So, you can show up at 1:00 and be headed out by a little after 3:00. I'm sure we'll have hot chocolate (adult and children's variety) at the Yankton Tailgate site so stop by if you need some of that. I'll be there no later than 10:00. Not going to mess with a fire pit this year. I'd be delighted to see 5000 people there.

You read it. Doctor's orders! See you there.

Comment

Time to shift focus entirely to the football game this weekend. We gotta come out intense and hammer the Redbirds early. Some people of uttered the term "trap game". I don't buy that. We're better than these guys and we get them on our homefield. We need to whoop them hard and early on. They don't have a lot to play for and if we can shut them down early I suspect it will be an easy victory.

Weather is going to be November-like so dress warm. I know a few of the Yankton people aren't going to be able to make it so I'll have a few extra tickets if anyone is interested. We are going to be doing some pork loin at the Yankton site. I'll have some quail for an appetizer. Going to see if the wife will make some of her "hot" hot chocolate. We'll be rockin by 10 am.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

We need to come out and make a statement with this game. After this we have 2 very difficult games. Both the Offensive and Defensive looked good this past Saturday. We need to put it all together and make a push and finish strong. I now the boys are focused on the task at hand and will be ready. The coaching staff is working overtime to be prepared. Looking forward to Saturday......

Go Jacks !!!!!!
          http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

From TV's coverage of the 11/5 MoValley teleconference call:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...rgusleader.com

Jacks coach John Stiegelmeier said that – kicking game aside – last week’s 43-13 win was maybe the best performance of the season. “Looking at them on film, they seem to be exactly what their reputation precedes them to be – a real tough, hard-nosed football team,” Redbirds coach Denver Johnson said of SDSU. “They have good football players. I can’t find any real weaknesses and at the same time there’s nothing that jumps off the film as being dominant.”

We should, as most of the week 11 prognosticators indicate, win this by 20+.

Comment

Just a reminder the Alumni Association will have a heated tent in the "Backyard" so don't be affraid to show up and support our Jackrabbits!

http://www.statealum.com/s/357/index...content_id=528

Go State!

Comment

(Warning: Amateur coaching alert): I think that this game lines up well for the Jackrabbits. ISU plays a very vanilla offense. It's very much like NDSU in that it's line up in the I, run power and play-action pass. From what I've seen, our defense is really effective against that kind of offense.

As for ISU's defense: They're... not good. Giving up 44 to a battered and not particularly offensively talented Youngstown team really says it all.

I look for another dominating performance by the defense and another near perfect day from our talented skill players. Minett will run for a bunch. Berry will pass for a bunch. Fox, Harris and Cochart will catch and run.

Illinois State 14
                South Dakota State 38

As for attendance: I'm very worried. As I said in another thread, I cannot understand this yearly decline in attendance. And I'm starting to wonder why it's just accepted as a fact of life. Are there no promotions we can try to boost attendance, particularly at the last home game? I don't have the answers.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  (Warning: Amateur coaching alert): I think that this game lines up well for the Jackrabbits. ISU plays a very vanilla offense. It's very much like NDSU in that it's line up in the I, run power and play-action pass. From what I've seen, our defense is really effective against that kind of offense.

As for ISU's defense: They're... not good. Giving up 44 to a battered and not particularly offensively talented Youngstown team really says it all.

I look for another dominating performance by the defense and another near perfect day from our talented skill players. Minett will run for a bunch. Berry will pass for a bunch. Fox, Harris and Cochart will catch and run.

Illinois State 14
                  South Dakota State 38

As for attendance: I'm very worried.
                  I pretty much agree with all you have said. We might even hang close to 50 on them depending on passing conditions.

As for attendance, we'll be darn lucky to get 4000 and it might not be more than 2000. Regardless, I'll be there. We will have a canopy with sides and hopefully plenty of body heat, we should be okay at the Yankton site.

Comment

I agree with the attendence...wish there would be more. Wish there would be more for the senior football players, this is the first group of seniors that were recruited as D1 recruits. Most of the guys love playing in this type of weather...see you there

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

This is the type of weather we are talking about:

NWS forecast for Brookings, SD:

Saturday: A chance of flurries after 9am. Cloudy, with a high near 32. Breezy, with a north northwest wind between 15 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Looks like I might be breaking out the carharts.

Comment

looks like the kicking game will be an adventure again! Looking forward to the snow though!

Comment

I'll be there, loud as ever!
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The worst part is, apparantly this game is going to be televised nationally?....Cripes I hope they keep the cameras off the seats.....how embarrassing it would be to see all the empty seats.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The crowd might remind me of this game.

http://www.gojacks.com/fls/15000/sta...B/11sdsufb.htm

I went to this game and there was no one there and very cold.

Comment

Working...
                              X