Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri State

It's only Monday, but I'm ready. Let's do this Jacks. Western Illinois and UNI play this week, so another one loss team in the conference is going down this weekend. Let's not make it two.

Missouri State coming off a heartbreaking loss to S. Illinois on a hail mary at the end of regulation. Need to come out and squash what little confidence they should have left and not let them in this game (see Cal Poly vs. Jacks).

Missouri State gives up more yards on the ground per game than Indiana State, making them dead last in the FCS. So. Illinois ran the ball nearly 50 times for 250 plus yards. The Saluki's downfall was turning the ball over five times giving the Bears hope. Come out and punch them in the face with the run setting up the pass.

Bring your family, bring your friends, bring the bum on the corner to CAS this Saturday and rock the house for the Rabbits!

Re: Missouri State

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
    It's only Monday, but I'm ready. Let's do this Jacks. Western Illinois and UNI play this week, so another one loss team in the conference is going down this weekend. Let's not make it two.

Missouri State coming off a heartbreaking loss to S. Illinois on a hail mary at the end of regulation. Need to come out and squash what little confidence they should have left and not let them in this game (see Cal Poly vs. Jacks).

Missouri State gives up more yards on the ground per game than Indiana State, making them dead last in the FCS. So. Illinois ran the ball nearly 50 times for 250 plus yards. The Saluki's downfall was turning the ball over five times giving the Bears hope. Come out and punch them in the face with the run setting up the pass.

Bring your family, bring your friends, bring the bum on the corner to CAS this Saturday and rock the house for the Rabbits!
    A pizza says we come out throwing the ball.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I will be in attendance. Family can't make it so I have room in my truck for anyone between Yankton and Brookings that wants to attend. We have to win these next 2 games at home if we hope to salvage any degree of respect on a national level. Win these next 2 at home and lets see what happens against SIU.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

kegs and eggs this weekend. hopefully not too cold

Comment

Is the Backyard opening at 9 am this weekend?
          “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by rjacks21 View Post
            Is the Backyard opening at 9 am this weekend?
            I'm planning to be there at 10 am. I hope they let me in then. Anyone heard of a time for sure?
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I am very excited for this weekend. Its my first game at CAS in two years. I can't believe its been that long but I will be to the backyard as early as they let us in (pre-tailgate Bloody Mary at Ray's Corner to get things rolling of course). Jacks need this one. Need to establish some consistency on offense and be extremely physical (see RUN THE BALL). Defense needs to get back to fundamentals (tackling, anyone?). I cannot wait for Saturday.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Mo State is going to bring the pain train, hope you guys are ready.

This will be MSUs first game on grass, do people still play football on that stuff?

MSU 34
                SDSU 31

Comment

This will be the first time SDSU has ever played Missouri State in football. In fact this is the 2nd of 4 consecutive games that we play against an opponent that we have never played before.

Indiana State
                  Missouri State
                  Illinois State
                  Southern Illinois

Go Jacks!!!
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mo State Bruins View Post
                    Mo State is going to bring the pain train
                    You got a lot of guys hurt, huh?
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I thought we played Mo State when it was Southwest Missouri State but then again it could have been in another sport.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                        I thought we played Mo State when it was Southwest Missouri State but then again it could have been in another sport.

We twice played NW Missouri State in Football ('95 & '96) with a split in the series. Both teams won at home. SDSU won with a TD pass to Lance Wipf late in the 4th to seal the W at Coughlin.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                          We played Southwest Missouri first in BB back in 1962-63 or maybe earlier. They were D2 then too. Not sure of year, but the first game was in Springfield and I remember Jim Iverson was the coach and thats about all I recall. I dont recall any meetings in football, and according to last year's media guide, we meet for the first time Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                            We twice played NW Missouri State in Football ('95 & '96) with a split in the series. Both teams won at home. SDSU won with a TD pass to Lance Wipf late in the 4th to seal the W at Coughlin.
                            Not to be picky but SDSU played NWMU once in the late 1950's and then they came to Brookings in 2003 thinking they could kick our a$$ and lost. The next year was our first year of transition. There was to be a return game in 2004 in Maryville, but they cancelled or they bought out not sure. NWMU did not want to risk another loss and ruin their rating in D2. So I believe that the series with NWMU is 3-1 our favor. Not that it matters and as I stated, Saturday will be the first meeting with Missouri State.

I do remember the game you sited. That was the Platte native first year as head coach at NWMU. I know I am going to murder the spelling but I believe the name is Mel Tjeersma. He graduated from Southern or USD Springfield as it was known before closing. NWMU had lost about as many games as Indiana State and that coach wanted to win this one game real bad as I remember. He has had nothing but success since then, but they seem to avoid all FCS games for non conference play in order to get to Florence Alabama for the D2 Championship every year. They have not played Missouri State for years. Also we have beaten Central Missouri another D2 twice in the 1980's.

If this Miles guy at Indiana State has as much coaching ability as Tjeersma, I would expect things to be different starting next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mo State Bruins View Post
                              Mo State is going to bring the pain train, hope you guys are ready.

This will be MSUs first game on grass, do people still play football on that stuff?

MSU 34
                              SDSU 31
                              Looking forward to proving this prediction wrong. No way we lose 3 in a row at home, not happening. I'd liken our stunning loss to McNeese to the loss for MSU this weekend. Tough to bounce back against the Jacks in Brookings.

Comment

Working...
                              X