Bonds Gets It Tied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonds Gets It Tied

My first thought when I opened the Argus Leader after church this morning and saw the front page of the sports section was, "Wow, I can't believe I hadn't heard this yet and they sure didn't give it much space." It didn't even get a mention in the top of the hour news on the radio, unless I missed it of course. I just remember everyone, even non-sports fans, talking about when was Aaron was going to break Ruth's record. As I recall, he was getting close at the end of the year and almost everyone hoped he would get at the end of the year, but he had to wait until the next season. I think he got on April 8th, but I might be wrong on the date. If it takes Bond some time, I don't think it will be quite the media frenzy, which is absolutely amazing considering what the media was then compared to now.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Re: Bonds Gets It Tied

Well, that's what BALCO and a rotten "me-first" attitude gets Bonds.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I caught on the tube a clip of Commissioner Selig reaction to the tying HR. Was he clapping  and shouting "Wahoo"? Nope he stood with hands in pockets and motionless. What does the body language tell you? The investigation and alleged use of steriods by Bonds  has not run its course yet and we could see the HR record of Henry Aarron still on the books for years to come. Just ask Yogi, it aint over until its over, and with AFlac you get this money that is like cash. I would love to see some lovable Yogi character come on the scene and break this record with out steriods. Records were meant to be broken, but they need to be done honestly.

Comment

Well, I think it won't matter what happens on the investigation part, the record will be Bonds' and with no asterisk. I think I remember from ESPN that they said since the testing started between 75-80% of players testing positive were pitchers. I doubt that the use by position has changed all that much since they started testing. Point being is that Bonds probably got some extra HRs because of it, but at the same time he was going up against some pitchers that could throw harder. I just hope that A-Rod goes on a real tear and eclipses Bonds quickly. Actually wish that Junior hadn't had so many injuries.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
          Well, I think it won't matter what happens on the investigation part, the record will be Bonds' and with no asterisk. I think I remember from ESPN that they said since the testing started between 75-80% of players testing positive were pitchers. I doubt that the use by position has changed all that much since they started testing. Point being is that Bonds probably got some extra HRs because of it, but at the same time he was going up against some pitchers that could throw harder. I just hope that A-Rod goes on a real tear and eclipses Bonds quickly. Actually wish that Junior hadn't had so many injuries.
          I'm not a Yankees fan, but I'll be rooting for A-Rod as well. Get that steroid-munching-freak-show out of the top spot ASAP. I feel bad for Hank Aaron, having his record broken by a guy like Bonds. Aaron was and is a class act (oh, and not a cheater.)
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
            To be honest with you, I have not kept up on all the details relating to the investigation and if Bonds comes out okay and keeps his record, then I wont loose any sleep. You would have thought the Commissioner would have been more upbeat about the tying homer, but he wasn't. I can recall a couple NCC games were records were broken and Noel Olson the NCC Commissioner in particular was big smiles when the game was stopped and a game ball was presented to the athlete that broke the record. Selig did not seem to want to smile and seem very bored. Maybe I am reading to much into the body language of Mr Selig. Let see what happen down the road.

Comment

Working...
            X