Summit League Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League Championships

The Jackrabbits are running at the Summit League Championships in Shreveport, LA, Saturday, November 1, 2008.

Pre-season polling in the women's race had IPFW favored followed by Southern Utah U getting the nod for second by one point over SDSU. But, as race day approaches, no one is counting out the SDSU women to win the title. It'll be a battle but I think the Jackrabbits, particularly after seeing how they ran as a tight group at Lacrosse, will nip IPFW and bring home the Summit League trophy.

On the men's side, Southern Utah was the pre-season poll winner with SDSU picked to finish fourth. SUU is still favored and the Jackrabbits are a wild card. If key injuries are sufficiently resolved by the time the race starts, the Jacks could go as high as second or a very close third.

It's disappointing neither host school Centenary nor the Summit League has a story on their websites. I'll be at the meet but I cannot tell you the race starting times.
    Last edited by JackJD; 10-25-2008, 06:39 PM.

Re: Summit League Championships

I think the women start at 10 am and the men start at 11 am.
    Hope its not too warm!
    See you there.

Comment

Terry V's story in the Argus (10/28/08) about the Jackrabbit women's run for the Summit title this Saturday is here.

Comment

The Jackrabbits finished third last year, their first goaround in the NCAA Division I conference, one point out of a first-place tie. That final verdict wasn't as favorable as either of the first two that were given to coach Rod DeHaven.

"We won, then we tied then we didn't win at all," SDSU senior Caitlin Berry recalled of the mix-up that resulted from a scoring error. "It was unbelievable, kind of. It was emotional."
        Can someone expound on this? What exactly happened last year, I was not aware that there was a scoring error and that it resulted in us getting 3rd place.

Go State!!!
        Go Jacks!!!
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I was standing there. First, it appeared we won although it's my recollection no official announcement had been made...then the scores were being rechecked and after a delay, it was determined we were third by a point. Questions had been raised about where a runner had finished and once those questions were resolved, the final tally had us in third. I do not think we finished third due to error...I think a preliminary scoring was checked and found to be in error.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
            Can someone expound on this? What exactly happened last year, I was not aware that there was a scoring error and that it resulted in us getting 3rd place.

Go State!!!
            Go Jacks!!!
            One girl from another team finished the race, but her chip didn't register, so she wasn't in the initial results. We won with those results. After a very long conference they put her in where they thought she should be, and then we were tied. Then they looked a the finish line camera and moved her to her correct finish spot and we got third. That all took over an hour.

Comment

Working...
            X