Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 year old charged with Petty Theft

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081020/...ootball_charge

If I had thrown a ball in someone's yard after I had been told not to and they kept I would have been told "I guess you'll have to buy a new one."

I bet the dad that complained is already picturing his son as the starting quarterback at Ohio State.

Re: 89 year old charged with Petty Theft

No matter how old you are you still have to be a good neighbor. I would prefer having a football landing in my yard as, compared to my situation where I have youngster using the incline of my driveway to preform Evil Kenvil tricks. It finally stopped with telling them that this was not acceptable and an occasional glare.

Keeping a football, naw, no need to do that. Give it back and as long as a window is not broken or hit with the ball, it not a big deal. You might need these kids and their parents help some day. The video showed her being a bit stubborn.

Comment

Just read the article. The woman accused of petty theft is named Jester. She'll be in court next week. People will laugh at her behavior.

Court jester.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Just read the article. The woman accused of petty theft is named Jester. She'll be in court next week. People will laugh at her behavior.

Court jester.
        Thats a good one. Some one mentioned in our breakfast group this morning, that maybe we have not heard her side of the story. JackJD knows all about that and how that works so it will be interesting to see how this petty theft charge is disposed of.

Comment

She was on the radio in Detroit on thursday last week. She's old, not feeling well having fell and broke her nose, doctor wants her to get an MRI. The family lives next door and would throw the ball into her back yard on many occasions, climb the fence and break it down. She got them to quit playing ball in their back yard so it would not be a problem. The kids dad mows her yard. She called the cops before and was told by them to keep the balls Three footballs and a frisbee. Shes worried that the balls they throw will knock down the front porch railing her daughter put up to keep her from falling off the porch. Cops came and hauled her to the station saying they gave her the wrong advice that she can't keep the balls. Any way public opinion in her town is on her side and a lawyer will take the case free.

Comment

Way to make me feel badly about my poor pun!

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
              She was on the radio in Detroit on thursday last week. She's old, not feeling well having fell and broke her nose, doctor wants her to get an MRI. The family lives next door and would throw the ball into her back yard on many occasions, climb the fence and break it down. She got them to quit playing ball in their back yard so it would not be a problem. The kids dad mows her yard. She called the cops before and was told by them to keep the balls Three footballs and a frisbee. Shes worried that the balls they throw will knock down the front porch railing her daughter put up to keep her from falling off the porch. Cops came and hauled her to the station saying they gave her the wrong advice that she can't keep the balls. Any way public opinion in her town is on her side and a lawyer will take the case free.
              Thanks for sharing this information. It changes my take expressed in the first post. There are always two sides to controversy, I feel pity for the lady. It sounds like my neighbor kid and his bike tricks.

I bet the dad will not be mowing the yard next year. I wonder if he charged or was he being a generous neighbor? Did Barney Fife move to Ohio since the police gave wrong advice? Why would they tell her to keep the balls and then turn around and arrest her? Gosh guys you can do better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Thanks for sharing this information. It changes my take expressed in the first post. There are always two sides to controversy, I feel pity for the lady. It sounds like my neighbor kid and his bike tricks.

I bet the dad will not be mowing the yard next year. I wonder if he charged or was he being a generous neighbor? Did Barney Fife move to Ohio since the police gave wrong advice? Why would they tell her to keep the balls and then turn around and arrest her? Gosh guys you can do better than that.
                After this I would bet there will be many people that will offer to mow this little old ladies lawn.

Comment

Working...
                X