Injury Update Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury Update Thread

Thought it would be good/bad, whatever way you want to look at it, to start this thread with TV's latest blog entitled just that

INJURY UPDATE:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest

Priddy out for 3 weeks should be fun, and Monke not being able to get a medical redshirt after playing what...one game as a backup...is just another fine NCAA double-standard. I'll bet if he played in one of the BCS conferences he'd get one.

Well...here's to being healthy by SIU in four weeks!

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Re: Injury Update Thread

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
    Priddy out for 3 weeks should be fun...
    I don't think we'll miss the punter this week.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

We seem to have our ups and downs. Sorry Monke is done and the others are still struggling. Its time for our very young O line men to step. When we got so many starters on the injury list, its hard to keep going.

Comment

Anyone have thoughts as to why Monke wouldn't get a medical redshirt? He only played in one or two games correct?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
          Anyone have thoughts as to why Monke wouldn't get a medical redshirt? He only played in one or two games correct?
          If I understand it correctly, and that's a big if and some big air quotes on each sides of the term understand, it has a lot to do with the differences from D1 to DII. If we were in DII, he'd likely receive a medical hardship. D1 has a more strict policy on how they are handed out and in what timeline the semesters of eligibility must be used. Again, that is my rudementary understanding of it.
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
            If I understand it correctly, and that's a big if and some big air quotes on each sides of the term understand, it has a lot to do with the differences from D1 to DII. If we were in DII, he'd likely receive a medical hardship. D1 has a more strict policy on how they are handed out and in what timeline the semesters of eligibility must be used. Again, that is my rudementary understanding of it.
            That is pretty similar to what I thought. I know that the rules are very different from DII to DI (I would also bet they are applied by the NCAA differently based on FCS v FBS). I think the school is still in the process of figuring out what it takes to get the NCAA to approve one of these.
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

The time frame and progress towards the degree are big factors and big differences between D1 and D2. Monke red shirted his first year so academically he might be too far towards the degree to warrant another redshirt in order to complete his athletic eligibilty. Academics seem to trump athletic eligibility in many of the interpretations at least that is what I gathered from one of the certification open forums that were held a couple years back.

There has been that preception that D1 schools cheat and cut corners on eligiblty that D2 schools do not do. I tend to believe that the opposite is true and medical red shirts are seldom questioned at the D2 level.

Comment

Working...
              X