Operation: Bring Back the tradition to CAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation: Bring Back the tradition to CAS

On November 1st for the Missiouri State game a group of us in the student section is doing our best to stick it to all of the fun haters. Any adults that wish to join us are more then welcome. Now that we can no longer have flags, cowbells, or signs. We have decided to go out with a bang before they ban us from cheering. Before the game we will be ringing our bells like crazy in the tailgating. Those of you that want to we highly encourage you to sneak them into the game. Suggested hiding spots: wive's purses, blankets, baggy coats. As students we pay $23.15/ credit as an activity fee. I think we should get our money's worth. I think its crazy that UNI can pump in all the music they want into a dome and McNeese can bring cowbells to our stadium, but we have been asked to discontinue one of our oldest traditions. PM if you have any questions. Thanks in advance!
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: Operation: Bring Back the tradition to CAS

No Flags? Really
    We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

The entire band needs to have cow bells that they ring when they aren't playing.
      Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
      -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

I'm in. I'm with you. I agree.

**ring, ring, ring, ring, ring!**

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        On November 1st for the Missiouri State game a group of us in the student section is doing our best to stick it to all of the fun haters. Any adults that wish to join us are more then welcome. Now that we can no longer have flags, cowbells, or signs. We have decided to go out with a bang before they ban us from cheering. Before the game we will be ringing our bells like crazy in the tailgating. Those of you that want to we highly encourage you to sneak them into the game. Suggested hiding spots: wive's purses, blankets, baggy coats. As students we pay $23.15/ credit as an activity fee. I think we should get our money's worth. I think its crazy that UNI can pump in all the music they want into a dome and McNeese can bring cowbells to our stadium, but we have been asked to discontinue one of our oldest traditions. PM if you have any questions. Thanks in advance!
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Great Idea! Or how about scour the campus for the best and brightest cow bellers and have a Pride Walken (Walk-On) program...

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
          The entire band needs to have cow bells that they ring when they aren't playing.

Comment

Doesn't the student's association have some kind of rapport with the powers that be? I know that's how the rec center got built. Maybe its time for those two groups to work together.

My idea would be to make seating for about 2000 in the south end zone and rope it off for student access only so they can do their thing without interrupting the money people.

Then work with the band directors to create some kind of a riser in the North Endzone for the pride. This gives them easy access to the field for marching and allows them to be heard by all.

Now there are two sections open in the grandstand. Maybe make one at each endzone gen admission and then slide the reserved seats down 1.

Wouldn't this work or am I out of my mind?
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Just a reminder to bring your cowbells tomorrow...
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I like the idea of moving the band to the north endzone and out of the fifty yard line seats. That frees up something like 350 seats or so. Sell those as season tickets. Put general admission on both sides with the students preferably on the south end and in the end zone on bleachers with the visitors and more general admission on the east side. Of course when the Dykhouse gets built things might have to change.

Comment

Both the NDSU and Iowa St. bands are on the endzone. I think the Pride in front of the Dykehouse center would work well. Better visibility for the band. Most of the loyal fans only get to see and hear the Pride at a good angle at half-time.

Comment

flags and cowbells were snuck in and then they were removed from the stadium through law enforcement.... lame

Comment

Originally posted by ausbesticide View Post
                      flags and cowbells were snuck in and then they were removed from the stadium through law enforcement.... lame
                      Yeah, I noticed the Texas Tech fans kept having their cowbells confiscated during last night's game, too. And that big dude who kept rining that huge bell only lasted about 2 minutes before he had that taken away. For those of you who watched that game...
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                        Yeah, I noticed the Texas Tech fans kept having their cowbells confiscated during last night's game, too. And that big dude who kept rining that huge bell only lasted about 2 minutes before he had that taken away. For those of you who watched that game...

Thought I saw him ringing it on different occasions.

What a bell...

Comment

Working...
                        X