O-Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-Line

We are now ranked dead last in team sacks allowed per game. That's bad. 30 total and 4.29 per game.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.js...lowed&site=org

Re: O-Line

If these guys don't improve we won't have to worry about Bates, Loetzer, or Sumner wanting to be a Jackrabbit.

Comment

And Bison fans are complaining

The NDSU OL and QB seem to be the biggest problems in Fargo. I believe that a less effective OL is part of what is causing the incredible number of interceptions.

Comment

Terry Vandervec has an article on the O line today.

Read:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...23/1002/sports

I hesitate to comment other than I hope we can learn from this game and get back to having the O line we have had in the past.

Elsewhere I had wondered how successful was the new promotion. 100 COUPONS says Terry.

Comment

Game by game:

Rushes - Attempts Minnet rushes Sacks by Opp.

ISU: 25-180 22 rushes 1 sack
          YSU: 36-187 14 rushes 3 sacks
          WIU: 36-121 21 rushes 0 sacks
          UNI: 25-15 14 rushes 5 sacks
          SFA: 51-122 33 rushes 7 sacks
          MSU: 37-95 21 rushes 4 sacks
          Poly: 29-98 13 rushes 10 sacks

The rushing attempts and yardage includes the sacks and negative yards resulting from.

I will contend that when Kyle runs the ball the Jacks are more effective than when they are a pass first team. Heck he ran the ball 33 times against Stephen F. Austin and they were down a ton on the scoreboard and still won. Get that little horse the ball! It should take a little pressure off the line not throwing 40 times a game and outside of the UNI game, they have been decent running the ball.

As the saying goes, "get off the bus running" at Indiana State and from thereon as Mo. St. and Ill. St. are not good teams against the run.

Just heard UNI's starting QB is possibly out for the year with a torn MCL so that does not bode well for them coming up. Get back in this race and win a conference title.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
            Game by game:

Rushes - Attempts Minnet rushes Sacks by Opp.

ISU: 25-180 22 rushes 1 sack
            YSU: 36-187 14 rushes 3 sacks
            WIU: 36-121 21 rushes 0 sacks
            UNI: 25-15 14 rushes 5 sacks
            SFA: 51-122 33 rushes 7 sacks
            MSU: 37-95 21 rushes 4 sacks
            Poly: 29-98 13 rushes 10 sacks

The rushing attempts and yardage includes the sacks and negative yards resulting from.

I will contend that when Kyle runs the ball the Jacks are more effective than when they are a pass first team. Heck he ran the ball 33 times against Stephen F. Austin and they were down a ton on the scoreboard and still won. Get that little horse the ball! It should take a little pressure off the line not throwing 40 times a game and outside of the UNI game, they have been decent running the ball.

As the saying goes, "get off the bus running" at Indiana State and from thereon as Mo. St. and Ill. St. are not good teams against the run.

Just heard UNI's starting QB is possibly out for the year with a torn MCL so that does not bode well for them coming up. Get back in this race and win a conference title.
            Also, it is amazing what running the ball does for play action pass. Keeps the D guessing.

Comment

Working...
            X