Ndsu-wiu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ndsu-wiu

Bison fans not happy on Bisonville.com WIU leads 24-16 not sounding like Bison doing good.

Re: Ndsu-wiu

24-22 WIU Fourth quater

Comment

27-22 WIU ball with 2 minutes left. WIU

Comment

WIU 27-NDSU 22 Final

Comment

Leathernecks win. NDSU's 15-game home winning streak comes to an end. The MVFC is really going to be a war this year.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Lets keep the Bison streak dead and beat them there too.

Comment

The Bison have to go to UNI next week. They might have three conference losses after next week. Can you imagine that?
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Obvious key for us will be to stay healthy the rest of the year and hope that we get all of those key starters back as projected for the Cal-Poly game. If that happens I think we proved in a tough loss last weekend against McNeese, despite their absence, that we have what it takes to make the play-offs and at least a share of another conference title in as many years. I wonder what that would do for season ticket sales, attendance, and fundraising for athletic facility improvements.

Comment

I was in the Fargo area today and watched the game on local TV. No way did NDSU have a sell out, as there were many empty blue seats on the student side. If they had 13k, that might be accurate. Judging by the camera spans around the dome, I think NDSU'S TV is cutting into their crowd some, unless the no shows were due to hunting. The Pheasant season opened in ND today.

Watching WIU again, made me conclude that SDSU played one heck of a half of football that got us up 24-0. WIU defense is good and good enough to win at the Fargo Dome, but yet we got 24 on the board. Also NDSU could not stop Donaldson at all, plus some of the other backs were getting yards. Be glad this game WIU is in the books, and no doubt the Bison would like to play again. Bison are still very tough. Right now they seem to give Mertens plenty of time to make good passes. I think right now the O lines between SDSU and NDSU would favor the Bison. They got some good fat guys including the one from Hurley SD.

I got interrupted in did not see the second half, but it must have been a dandy.

Comment

From reading the Bisonville blog the Bison couldn't stop WIU in the second half either and the Bison had some good pass plays going. Reuhl had problems running and the WIU kicker nailed some long distance kicks. 42 and 54 yards to seal it. With one minute to go and ball on own 40 after the kickoff went out of bounds Mertens threw an interception that ended it.

Comment

I scanned through the game thread on Bisonville. I wonder if we'll hear of some suicide attempts...a few sound despondent. I've admired the high expectations in Fargo but that makes a loss, even one at the hands of a very good team, all the harder to take.

We're a very good team, too. I have my tickets for the FargoDome.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        I scanned through the game thread on Bisonville. I wonder if we'll hear of some suicide attempts...a few sound despondent. I've admired the high expectations in Fargo but that makes a loss, even one at the hands of a very good team, all the harder to take.

We're a very good team, too. I have my tickets for the FargoDome.
                        We need to perform at our best on the field now or your tickets to the FD will be purely for entertainment. This isn't the Great West FC we are talking about now. The loss to WIU certainly doesn't hurt our position. Missouri State beat YSU today, I'm glad we have them at home. UNI handled Ill St. pretty easily. I can't wait to be at CAS Saturday, lets get a win and have some MO headed into the conference stretch run.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

probably the biggest win of the year in the missouri valley. western illinois has now won two road games, at mo st and at ndsu. nobody else has been able to win on the road unless it was at indiana st. western illinois finishes with 4 of their last 5 games at home. their only road game is at southern illinois. looks to me like they might be in the best position to win the conference. however, there is a lot of football to still be played.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            I was in the Fargo area today and watched the game on local TV. No way did NDSU have a sell out, as there were many empty blue seats on the student side. If they had 13k, that might be accurate. Judging by the camera spans around the dome, I think NDSU'S TV is cutting into their crowd some, unless the no shows were due to hunting. The Pheasant season opened in ND today.

Watching WIU again, made me conclude that SDSU played one heck of a half of football that got us up 24-0. WIU defense is good and good enough to win at the Fargo Dome, but yet we got 24 on the board. Also NDSU could not stop Donaldson at all, plus some of the other backs were getting yards. Be glad this game WIU is in the books, and no doubt the Bison would like to play again. Bison are still very tough. Right now they seem to give Mertens plenty of time to make good passes. I think right now the O lines between SDSU and NDSU would favor the Bison. They got some good fat guys including the one from Hurley SD.

I got interrupted in did not see the second half, but it must have been a dandy.
                            Yes the game was "SOLD OUT" for 3 weeks, and 13k? i admit there were blue seats but it was easy 16 to 17k in actual attendance i've been to games back when that had 13K and its looks worse than that, as for TV nope not the problem its helped the past 2 years, the pheasant opener yes, probably kept most of the srudents from the west and fans from the west from coming down!
                            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                              Yes the game was "SOLD OUT" for 3 weeks, and 13k? i admit there were blue seats but it was easy 16 to 17k in actual attendance i've been to games back when that had 13K and its looks worse than that, as for TV nope not the problem its helped the past 2 years, the pheasant opener yes, probably kept most of the srudents from the west and fans from the west from coming down!
                              The Forum said there was little over 17000, and also that students did not pick up the tickets alloted to them and that was their explanation of empty seats. I got bigger fish to fry so will move on and accept the Forum;s explanation.

Comment

Working...
                              X