An extreme surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An extreme surprise

TORONTO, S.D. - So far, it has been a hard life for the Thibodeau family of Brookings County, but things will get a little easier thanks to a major television show.

Wednesday morning, the producers of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" showed up at Kevin and Nila Thibodeau's white, century-old farmhouse delivering the news that their home will be demolished and replaced. Meanwhile, the couple and their three children will be treated to a one-week vacation in New York.

"We received hundreds of letters about this family and decided to help get them the home they deserve," Diane Korman, senior producer for the show, said from the home Wednesday.
    http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...609070332/1001

SDSU's construction management program has had some contact with the show and will be providing some help on this project. The renovation start today.

Re: An extreme surprise

I was never a big fan of the original "Extreme Makeover", too much vanity for my taste...

But THIS show! I think it's by far, one of the most positive shows today... no backstabbing, no disgusting or degrading contests, no million-dollar prize, just a show about compassion, and people doing nice things for deserving people.

Gee, what a concept!
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

It's so cool that another show is going to come back to the Brookings area!

We are very fortunate to get the exposure! I have met a few people that literally moved to Brookings after seeing the "Three Wishes" program because they thought this area looked like a great place to raise a family. SDSU also recieved some outstanding publicity.

Hopefully, this will provide similar exposure for our area!

Congratulations to the Thibodeau family!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

anyone in the brookings area want to go downtown tonight. the makeover guys are quite the party animals. and have been spotted downtown on occassion this week.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
          anyone in the brookings area want to go downtown tonight.  the makeover guys are quite the party animals. and have been spotted downtown on occassion this week.
          No wonder they always appear so tired on their show ;D

Comment

This edition of Extreme Makeover will air on Sunday evening November 5th on KSFY TV.

Comment

I thought I heard it was going to air tonight - at least that is what I have written down from something I read in the Argus....

Comment

The SD epsisode was originally intended to air tonight, but it was pushed back to next Sunday (Nov. 5).

Comment

Tonight the night. I guess I will tape it and watch it later. Go Jacks, beat DSU.

Comment

On the negative side of things I understand that the family has faced some jealousy/negativity since the house was built. I guess the county got stuck for fixing a road after the construction and the family has had to change their phone number because of some idiots making phone calls to them.
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Isn't that typical? Something nice happens to a family and the yahoos come out of the woodwork.
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                      X