Illinois St. 1-0 2-2
    North Dakota State 1-1 3-2
    Northern Iowa 1-1 3-2
    Western Illinois 1-1 3-2
    Southern Illinois 1-1 2-2
    Youngstown St. 1-1 2-4
    Missouri State 0-1 1-3
    Indiana State 0-1 0-5

Indiana St. on the road should be an easy one. Missouri St. and Ill St. on our home field in November, Jacks are definitely favored. That puts us at 5-1 and assures Ill. St. of at least 1 loss, likely more than that by our game.

So, its likely to come down to road games against highly ranked opponents in S. Ill. and NDSU. You'd be crazy to expect us to win both of those. I'd say we are much more likely to lose both than win both, most would agree.

Lets get healthy with this bye week. Play Cal Poly hard understanding that if we don't win the conference we must beat Poly to have any chance at an at large bid. I can't believe I'm going to miss the evening activities after opening day of pheasant season but I think I am going to be in Brookings. Lets just put Poly away early so I can get back home.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Jacks still in good position

I really wish Cal Poly wasn't the same day as Pheasant Opener, it's going to cut down the attendance for a great game

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
      I really wish Cal Poly wasn't the same day as Pheasant Opener, it's going to cut down the attendance for a great game
      I'll be hunting most of the day but plan on getting to the backyard around 4 pm. Depends on how the hunting is going...

Comment

Now I know why the game is scheduled at 6. Hopefully people can make the extra effort to pull the double header.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
          Now I know why the game is scheduled at 6. Hopefully people can make the extra effort to pull the double header.
          It's not going to be a very popular decision with my family, but I think I'm skipping the opener on Saturday to attend the game. Will then drive 4 hours home after the game and try for some birds on Sunday.

Comment

I went a little crazy last year about people having to hunt on the first day. I since have gained some perspective about family traditions. I hope we don't end up going down that road again. All I can say is I will be there as I don't hunt. I will be trying to bring another 6 people with me like I did this week.
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Not a hunter so not a conflict. I do agree with Jackmd opening post, we still have a shot at the MVC championship. To hunt or not to hunt is not the question in my mind, but lets run the tables and win everything.

Comment

Not to state the obvious, but the Missouri Valley Football Conference is pretty salty.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

There will be pheasants left to shoot on the 18th. There won't be a Jackrabbit game though!

Comment

The game is on the 18th.

Comment

Working...
                    X