Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies

Has anyone seen a good movie lately? I saw 'Thank you for smoking", a comedy with real contemporary issues. I don't recall seeing Aaron Eckhart in any movies prior to this one, but he seems to have the talent to be a Tom Hanks.

Re: Movies

I just saw M.I. III last night. It was pretty good, lots of cool action.

Comment

In the rental department, my father can't stop talking about "An Unfinished Life". It starts Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman and Jennifer Lopez among others. I haven't seen it yet but will be soon. I just watched "Derailed" this weekend. Thought it was a little slow but has a nice plot twist that makes you sit up in your chair and go "cool!"

Comment

I liked Ice Age 2 that was hilarious. grandma's boy is suppose to be funny too.

Comment

My 3 year old really liked Ice Age 2. Me? Didn't think it was that great.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-D1
            My 3 year old really liked Ice Age 2.  Me? Didn't think it was that great.
            My 4 and 2 year olds like Ice Age 1 better than 2.  I haven't seen 2 yet.

Watched Match Point (Woody Allen) last weekend.  Odd show but Scarlet Johannsen makes it work.  I really didn't like the ending.  
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
              [quote author=Jacks-D1 link=1147614091/0#4 date=1147875989]My 3 year old really liked Ice Age 2.  Me? Didn't think it was that great.
              My 4 and 2 year olds like Ice Age 1 better than 2.  I haven't seen 2 yet.

Watched Match Point (Woody Allen) last weekend.  Odd show but Scarlet Johannsen makes it work.  I really didn't like the ending.  [/quote]

IMO, Scarlett Johannsen could make about anything work 8-). I saw Match Point as well, thought it was pretty good. Watched "The Family Stone" with my wife last weekend, it was pretty funny and a good rent for that type of situation.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

i like slapshot the orginal best hockey movie ever IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTwice
                  In the rental department, my father can't stop talking about "An Unfinished Life".  It starts Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman and Jennifer Lopez among others.  I haven't seen it yet but will be soon.  I just watched "Derailed" this weekend.  Thought it was a little slow but has a nice plot twist that makes you sit up in your chair and go "cool!"
                  I saw "An Unfinished Life" this past weekend, it if a pretty good flick. Anything with Morgan Freeman can't be bad, he is just a great actor. I am not too big a fan of Robert Redford usually, but did like his role in this one. Nevermind the fact that JLO (despite her acting) isn't too hard on the eyes. Also saw United 93 (pretty good movie if you like 9/11 stuff) and the Da Vinci Code. The movie definately wasn't as good as the book but it is still very enjoyable.

Comment

I also saw "An Unfinished Life" this past weekend. Two great actors, great story about pain, suffering and redemption (what else constitutes a real story?). Highly recommended.

Comment

Boondock Saints. A great guy's movie. Trust me.
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
                        [quote author=JackTwice link=1147614091/0#2 date=1147665975]In the rental department, my father can't stop talking about "An Unfinished Life".  It starts Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman and Jennifer Lopez among others.  I haven't seen it yet but will be soon.  I just watched "Derailed" this weekend.  Thought it was a little slow but has a nice plot twist that makes you sit up in your chair and go "cool!"
                        I saw "An Unfinished Life" this past weekend, it if a pretty good flick.  Anything with Morgan Freeman can't be bad, he is just a great actor.  I am not too big a fan of Robert Redford usually, but did like his role in this one.  Nevermind the fact that JLO (despite her acting) isn't too hard on the eyes.  Also saw United 93 (pretty good movie if you like 9/11 stuff) and the Da Vinci Code.  The movie definately wasn't as good as the book but it is still very enjoyable.  [/quote]

"The Natural"....Robert Redford....great baseball movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
                          [quote author=jackrabbit1979 link=1147614091/0#8 date=1148501114][quote author=JackTwice link=1147614091/0#2 date=1147665975]In the rental department, my father can't stop talking about "An Unfinished Life".  It starts Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman and Jennifer Lopez among others.  I haven't seen it yet but will be soon.  I just watched "Derailed" this weekend.  Thought it was a little slow but has a nice plot twist that makes you sit up in your chair and go "cool!"
                          I saw "An Unfinished Life" this past weekend, it if a pretty good flick.  Anything with Morgan Freeman can't be bad, he is just a great actor.  I am not too big a fan of Robert Redford usually, but did like his role in this one.  Nevermind the fact that JLO (despite her acting) isn't too hard on the eyes.  Also saw United 93 (pretty good movie if you like 9/11 stuff) and the Da Vinci Code.  The movie definately wasn't as good as the book but it is still very enjoyable.  [/quote]

"The Natural"....Robert Redford....great baseball movie.
                          [/quote]

Okay, you got me. "The Natural" is a great movie, he was also in the "The Sting" which is an older movie but really good too. For some reason i can't get past The Horse Whisperer or Indecent Proposal (only because it is shown on TBS or TNT like every weekend).

PS: I could talk movies all day long...if anybody wants to post a top ten favorite list, i am in.

Comment

I'm not a huge Robert Redford fan either, but The Natural is one of my favorites.

some others:

Godfather I, II, III
                            Tango and Cash
                            Life as a House
                            Major League
                            Fever Pitch
                            Shawshenk Redemtion
                            Seven
                            Fight Club
                            Stigmata
                            Lord of the Ring I, II, III
                            American Beauty
                            The Usual Suspects
                            Pulp Fiction
                            Mr. Deeds
                            Spanglish
                            Dirty Work

Comment

i wouldnt mind seeing a double feature of Cars and Talladega Nights this weekend. Good movie weekend for Movies kind of dealing with cars and NASCAR.

Comment

Working...
                              X