Jacks get volleyball conference win.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks get volleyball conference win.

The Jacks took out Oakland 3-0 in conference play in Michigan.

http://www.thesummitleague.org/ViewA...ATCLID=1596903

Re: Jacks get volleyball conference win.

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
    The Jacks took out Oakland 3-0 in conference play in Michigan.

http://www.thesummitleague.org/ViewA...ATCLID=1596903
    Thanks for the post...way to go Nana and team. With Kelly Fiegen out, a very young team, and on the road...this is a great win for the Jacks.

Comment

Another quick tease from the Brookings Register with a volleyball preview:
      The Jackrabbit volleyball team ended their longest known losing streak at 12 matches with a win against Oakland last Saturday. This weekend the Jacks open a five-match homestand against Western Illinois and IUPUI.
      “I am proud of them,” said head coach Nana Allison Brewer. “They have kept their heads up and are fighting along the way. We are really trying to keep perspective. It’s nice to have the top three teams done, so we know where we stand among the top tier.”

Comment

The Jacks picked up their second straight conference win 3-1 over Western Illinois. Great to see the team making a coming back.

Comment

From the looks of it, the Jacks are in a three way tie for fifth place in the conference. The top 4 teams make it to the conference tournament, if I remember correctly.

Comment

The Jacks just evened their record at 3 and 3 in conference play with a 3-2 win over IUPUI. The Jacks will either be in sole possession of 4th or tied for fourth after tonight depending on the out come of the NDSU - WIU game. (Edit - Bisonville is reporting a 3-2 NDSU victory. That puts the Jacks in sole possession of fourth.)

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
              The Jacks just evened their record at 3 and 3 in conference play with a 3-2 win over IUPUI. The Jacks will either be in sole possession of 4th or tied for fourth after tonight depending on the out come of the NDSU - WIU game. (Edit - Bisonville is reporting a 3-2 NDSU victory. That puts the Jacks in sole possession of fourth.)
              Great to see the team turning the corner. I suspect as young as we are it took some time to get rotations/teamwork/intensity/confidence going. Hopefully the Jacks can keep it going now and keep improving up to the end of year. I think just making the conference tourney would be a huge accomplishment this year and Allison-Brewer should be commended if she can get us there.
              Last edited by Jacks-02; 10-12-2008, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                Great to see the team turning the corner. I suspect as young as we are it took some time to get rotations/teamwork/intensity/confidence going. Hopefully the Jacks can keep it going now and keep improving up to the end of year. I think just making the conference tourney would be a huge accomplishment this year and Gibson-Brewer should be commended if she can get us there.
                Her name is Allison-Brewer. Go to a match. Get to know them.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                  Her name is Allison-Brewer. Go to a match. Get to know them.
                  Oops!

Comment

I made it to my first Jackrabbit event of the year last night. Got to the match midway thru the 2nd set. Tough going for a while, but the stuck together and pulled it out. I'm hoping to make it down next week-end too, for both volleyball and football. I'd really like to get off early on Friday and make it for Midnight minus 2 also. That would be a first for me.
                    An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                    US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Ladies win another with a 3 set sweep against Centenary.

Comment

Made it to the game last night. Good to get a win against an undermanned club, they only brought 9 players to Brookings. Bigger game tonight, need to get a win against the team just below the Jacks in the standings and keep that 4th place spot.

Comment

Jacks won 3-0 and looked good. I'll give UMKC some credit in the fact that they have only one senior (who played about half time) and one junior, who was in on only a couple of possessions. Most of the time they were playing their one sophomore and the rest were all freshman. Might be fairly tough in a couple of years (but of course, so will we!!!!) We blew them out in the second set, and then diddled around a bit in the last, but went out hot. Way to GO JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                            Jacks won 3-0 and looked good. I'll give UMKC some credit in the fact that they have only one senior (who played about half time) and one junior, who was in on only a couple of possessions. Most of the time they were playing their one sophomore and the rest were all freshman. Might be fairly tough in a couple of years (but of course, so will we!!!!) We blew them out in the second set, and then diddled around a bit in the last, but went out hot. Way to GO JACKS!
                            "OHIO" had a great day. The future is very bright with Youngren and Fiegen.

Comment

Working...
                            X