Anna Nicole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anna Nicole

Wow. Just read a story about her, and she has passed away. Sounded like she had a heck of a lot of problems going on in life. court case after court case. I have a feeling her autopsy is going to have have some interesting details about it. Was only 39, seems to young to die, but those things happen.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Re: Anna Nicole

Anybody else kind of surprised of the "cultural icon" status she has recieved in the news? Tragic, yes... Marylin Monroe-ish? Not so much.

Comment

Yes I am surprise to finally find out who Anna Nicole is as a person. Despite alll lthe publicity there are family members who are totally innocent of any part of this publicty and my heart goes out to those people. Death is final, so its pain for those left behind.

I been tuning out all these survivor shows as they are not made for old folks like me, and knew nothing of Anna Nicole, and to be honest with you, I thought Anna Nicole was some how connected to the OJ Simpson murder now several years ago. That shows how tuned out I am. Last niight any kind of a news programs or channels were totally focused on Anna Nicole so you could not help but find out who Marshall the rich guy is. Anna Nicole attorney is Howard K Stern is not the shock radio guy Howard Stern etc etc. IN 24 hrs my popular culture knowledge has grown by leaps and bounds. I think its ironic that Marliyn Monroe was the objective of admiration by Anna Nicole. No coverage of the daily events in Iraq, so maybe American minds are looking for the wrong kind of news. If we really support our troops, do we need to put their concern aside so we can google Anna Nicole?

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
        Anybody else kind of surprised of the "cultural icon" status she has recieved in the news? Tragic, yes... Marylin Monroe-ish? Not so much.
        Its ridiculous. If I never hear her name again it will be too soon.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
          [quote author=SD-STATE link=1170996923/0#1 date=1171042453]Anybody else kind of surprised of the "cultural icon" status she has recieved in the news? Tragic, yes... Marylin Monroe-ish? Not so much.
          Its ridiculous. If I never hear her name again it will be too soon.[/quote]

Agree. She was famous for two things:

Taking her clothes off, and

Marrying a rich guy.

Oh, ok, three things, now: dying.

I'm in full curmudgeon mode here but--why should ANYBODY care?
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

What absolutely blew me away is that 20/20 or Primetime had a one hour special on her death last night.

By the way, since we all care so little about her, what is the over/under on pages this thread goes? I'm guessing 2 since nobody here really has a history with Anna Nicole.
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
              [quote author=jackmd link=1170996923/0#3 date=1171047539][quote author=SD-STATE link=1170996923/0#1 date=1171042453]Anybody else kind of surprised of the "cultural icon" status she has recieved in the news? Tragic, yes... Marylin Monroe-ish? Not so much.
              Its ridiculous.  If I never hear her name again it will be too soon.[/quote]

Agree.  She was famous for two things:

Taking her clothes off, and

Marrying a rich guy.

Oh, ok, three things, now:  dying.

I'm in full curmudgeon mode here but--why should ANYBODY care?[/quote]

The reason why everyone (or most everyone) is glued to this is that it is the PERFECT soap opera!!! No Hollywood writer could possibly dream this up!!!!!

Comment

I would much rather focus on vital issues like the death of Barbaro.

Comment

Working...
                X