• Show
Clear All

• R.C. Kilgore

Nice story:

http://www.swcbulletin.com/articles/...section=sports

A ‘DI’ dream fulfilled

Patrick Johnson, Staff Writer, South Washington County Bulletin

Published Tuesday, September 30, 2008

When questioned on his goals growing up, Park senior R.C. Kilgore always said, “to play Div. I football.”

When he puts pen to paper later this winter and makes it official, he will be that much closer to his dream.

Kilgore, Park’s starting quarterback the past two seasons, made a verbal commitment with South Dakota State University this fall, which will be his last football season at Park.

“A lot of people gave me a hard time about saying I wanted to play Div. I football,” Kilgore said. “They’d say I couldn’t do that. Not from Park High School. They’d say that I wasn’t big enough or fast enough. That fueled my drive and made me want it more. Now that I’ve accomplished it words can’t describe it. That was one of the happiest days of my life.”

Kilgore’s signing makes him the first Park player to sign with South Dakota State and only the second Park player in the past 25 years to earn a Div. I football scholarship. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Re: R.C. Kilgore

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
    Nice story:

http://www.swcbulletin.com/articles/...section=sports

A ‘DI’ dream fulfilled

Patrick Johnson, Staff Writer, South Washington County Bulletin

Published Tuesday, September 30, 2008

When questioned on his goals growing up, Park senior R.C. Kilgore always said, “to play Div. I football.”

When he puts pen to paper later this winter and makes it official, he will be that much closer to his dream.

Kilgore, Park’s starting quarterback the past two seasons, made a verbal commitment with South Dakota State University this fall, which will be his last football season at Park.

“A lot of people gave me a hard time about saying I wanted to play Div. I football,” Kilgore said. “They’d say I couldn’t do that. Not from Park High School. They’d say that I wasn’t big enough or fast enough. That fueled my drive and made me want it more. Now that I’ve accomplished it words can’t describe it. That was one of the happiest days of my life.”

Kilgore’s signing makes him the first Park player to sign with South Dakota State and only the second Park player in the past 25 years to earn a Div. I football scholarship. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Sounds like he will fit in well at SDSU! Very SDSU positive article, and come across that Kilgore is VERY DETERMINED to be a JACKRABBIT!

Comment

Re: R.C. Kilgore

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
      Nice story:
      “He’s a big, physical kid and he’s fast.
      Very important part of this article.

Comment

Working...
      X