X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polls

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...v-1aa-poll.htm

http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/FCS/index.htm

We dropped to 23rd in the Sports Network Poll and stayed at 18th in the Coaches
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Re: Polls

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
    http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...v-1aa-poll.htm

http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/FCS/index.htm

We dropped to 23rd in the Sports Network Poll and stayed at 18th in the Coaches
    McNeese sits at 4th in both polls. Very formidable opponent. The guys are going to need our support. Stig wants all of us there, you can count on that. If you don't make it a priority to see this game I have to question your Jackrabbit fanhood. Yes, I'm calling some of you out.

Up with the sun to get a parade spot, then set up tailgate gear from 8-9 am, head for the parade. If wife allows, leave parade at 10 am to begin tailgating. Attend game and cheer on the Jacks. Game over, pack up the gear and head back to Yankton for work on Sunday morning. Perfect Saturday in my simple mind.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      McNeese sits at 4th in both polls. Very formidable opponent. The guys are going to need our support. Stig wants all of us there, you can count on that. If you don't make it a priority to see this game I have to question your Jackrabbit fanhood. Yes, I'm calling some of you out.

Up with the sun to get a parade spot, then set up tailgate gear from 8-9 am, head for the parade. If wife allows, leave parade at 10 am to begin tailgating. Attend game and cheer on the Jacks. Game over, pack up the gear and head back to Yankton for work on Sunday morning. Perfect Saturday in my simple mind.

Agree with MD....if you're within 4 hours driving distance, not a lot of excuses to miss this one. Could be a classic...no doubt will be some of the best athletes on any field in the midwest! Let's make it happen and....BE LOUD!

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
        Agree with MD....if you're within 4 hours driving distance, not a lot of excuses to miss this one. Could be a classic...no doubt will be some of the best athletes on any field in the midwest! Let's make it happen and....BE LOUD!

Go Jacks!!
        Six and one-half hours for me. I'll be there!
        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Montana barely beats a DII and moves up a notch?

Comment

How does Western Illinois get ranked ahead of us? Didn't we beat them a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

TV addresses this issue in his blog today.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I live seventeen hours away, am I excused. Would like to be there though

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                  I live seventeen hours away, am I excused. Would like to be there though

I live 8 1/2 away and will be watching with you via the world wide web, Jeff. I plan on making the Cal Poly and Indiana St game, though (barring any illnesses or the like from the kids).
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I give Sturgis and MJA a pass based on distance to travel. I've missed 7 consecutive Hobo Day games because my job takes priority, sick people don't take the weekends off. However, my partner has graciously offered to miss the Husker game and cover for me Saturday. I'll be there.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                      I live 8 1/2 away and will be watching with you via the world wide web, Jeff. I plan on making the Cal Poly and Indiana St game, though (barring any illnesses or the like from the kids).
                      I, too, will be watching via Web, and probably leading the AGS game track. Always enjoy others' input and knowing that it's being read is good.

Cal Poly, like McNeese should be furious battles, and would be a great game to catch live!

IN St., this year will likely be a complete beat-down, as the Sycamores are playing like 30 frosh. But in a couple of years, as that group matures, and the new coach (an IN St grad) gets in place, they'll not be the push over that they've been this year.

Comment

http://www.smebroadcasting.com/football/top25.html

Bit out of wack IMHO. MoValley has no one in top 10, but has 5 in 10-25.

12 SIU
                        13 NDSU
                        17 UNI
                        18 SDSU
                        24 WIU

NDSU needs to win over SIU to help the Jacks.

Comment

Considering dropping the last camping trip for this year and taking the family down to the Indiana State game. Only 7 to 8 hour drive from here to Terre Haute. If any one knows the pre-game plans, Hotel, tailgateing, party place, let me know.

Comment

At least it looks like the SME poll is the only one who got it right. No disrespect to McNeese but to be ranked so high and not have played anyone but North Carolina and a DII and NAIA and no FCS? plus UNI higher than SIU, and I think we could be higher in the other polls. Even with our crappy play we still won over teams in our division.

Comment

Here is my plan for the day.... wake up about 9:30, stumble out of my house, find the parade, watch it, go downtown for kegs and eggs, find a ride to tailgating, get our spot set up, tailgate, and game.... then PARTY hope to see u all there! Drive safe everyone thats traveling to brookings!
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                              X