USD has to take what it can get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD has to take what it can get

I saw this in one of those threads about made up motivational posters. The dog has a real Coyote resemblance to it which made me laugh.

Thought it was appropriate as they are in their first year of transitioning and scheduling is a real challenge along with finding a conference for all their schools.

Okay, maybe I just thought it was funny because a Coyote was tapping a duck! Plus, the caption kind of fits the way that place is run.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: USD has to take what it can get

LMFAOOOO

Comment

Was going to post this a while back in part of a plea for you to help stick it to Cocky here [linky]. Good thing I saved it for a thread about confused animals lowering standards...

When living in a glass house,

Blah, blah, blah... Blah... Blah.

*had to check to make sure this thread's in smack first. thanks. great success!

Comment

This is how I see Udot's scheduling in football and basketball of all the NAIA's

Comment

http://beta.argusleader.com/article/...01/1002/sports
          Here’s how it’s going to go down for the USD football team this week, which plays at North Greenville in Tigerville, S.C., on Saturday:

Thursday morning the Coyotes will practice in Vermillion at 6 a.m., then get on a bus and leave for Paducah, Ky., by 7:30 a.m.

It’s an estimated 11 hours and 750 miles to the first stop. The Coyotes will then travel another five hours Friday morning to Knoxville, Tenn., and practice at the University of Tennessee, as arranged by athletic director Joel Nielsen.

From there, it’s another 160 miles to Tigerville, S.C., where the Coyotes will spend Friday night before taking on the 2-7 NCAA Division II North Greenville Crusaders on Saturday at 11 a.m. Central time.
          NICE

Comment

They get to practice at UT...that's NICE! Who wouldn't want to practice at the home of the Vols as part of a road trip.

Seriously 17-18 hours on the road for a game AT a DII school that will be a cakewalk of a game. Great scheduling. Wasn't there an all women's school with a field hockey team available to play?
            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

It goes to show you that USD was ill prepared financially to make this move and is just scraping it together it together the best they can. The Brain Wizards at USD better figure out a way to fund this move beyond an FBS payout game each year.

Comment

It really makes you step back and "what the hell is going on down there". You really don't even need to write any smack on this year's scheduling for all USD teams. It does open a window to why most USD supporters seem to be stuck on the "when are we going to play SDSU again" theme. Playing NAIA, DIII and driving 20 hours for a watered down DII team would make me long for the good ol days, too. Especially when each 1AA game has been a blowout save for the UNI game. When the season is over and the highnote on the season is an close loss to UNI, it's understandable that most would rather think of the good ol days of losing to SDSU.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                  They get to practice at UT...that's NICE! Who wouldn't want to practice at the home of the Vols as part of a road trip.

Seriously 17-18 hours on the road for a game AT a DII school that will be a cakewalk of a game. Great scheduling. Wasn't there an all women's school with a field hockey team available to play?
                  There was. usd was a double digit underdog and cancelled.

Comment

Here’s how it’s going to go down for the USD football team this week, which plays at North Greenville in Tigerville, S.C., on Saturday:

Thursday morning the Coyotes will practice in Vermillion at 6 a.m., then get on a bus and leave for Paducah, Ky., by 7:30 a.m.

It’s an estimated 11 hours and 750 miles to the first stop. The Coyotes will then travel another five hours Friday morning to Knoxville, Tenn., and practice at the University of Tennessee, as arranged by athletic director Joel Nielsen.

From there, it’s another 160 miles to Tigerville, S.C., where the Coyotes will spend Friday night before taking on the 2-7 NCAA Division II North Greenville Crusaders on Saturday at 11 a.m. Central time.
                    Un-bee-leev-able. Anybody else wondering about bus-lag?
                    "You trusted us"

Comment

Road trip!

@JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                      X