Alternative to the "bailout" plan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative to the "bailout" plan.

I'm sure many of you have seen this e-mail but if you haven't its kind of an interesting thought.

I don't know if the numbers are right, but tho a bit out of date, it is a fun thought.
    Something to think about...

I’m against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I’m in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in

a We Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let’s assume there are 200,000,000

bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman

and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a

We Deserve It Dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free.

So let’s assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes.

That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket.

A husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage – housing crisis solved.

Repay college loans – what a great boost to new grads

Put away money for college – it’ll be there

Save in a bank – create money to loan to entrepreneurs.

Buy a new car – create jobs

Invest in the market – capital drives growth

Pay for your parent’s medical insurance – health care improves

Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean – or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks

who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company

that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we’re going to re-distribute wealth let’s really do it...instead of trickling out

a puny $1000.00 ( “vote buy” ) economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we’re going to do an $85 billion bailout, let’s bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG – liquidate it.

Sell off its parts.

Let American General go back to being American General.

Sell off the real estate.

Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here’s my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn’t.

Sure it’s a crazy idea that can “never work.”

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion

We Deserve It Dividend more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC .

And remember, The Birk plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned

instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest. Kindest personal regards,
    Birk
    T. J. Birkenmeier, A Creative Guy & Citizen of the Republic
    PS: Feel free to pass this along to your pals as it’s either good for a laugh or a tear or a very sobering thought on how to best use $85 Billion!!
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Alternative to the "bailout" plan.

Hate to play spoil sport, but the math is wrong. 85 Billion divided by 200 Million is $425.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Indeed it is but I could still use $425. Everyone could buy season tickets to the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
        Hate to play spoil sport, but the math is wrong. 85 Billion divided by 200 Million is $425.

The e-mail probably originated from the USD Miles Beacom(I actually went to DSU) School of Business.

Go Jacks!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
          The e-mail probably originated from the USD Miles Beacom(I actually went to DSU) School of Business.

Go Jacks!!
          I'm convinced USD is the reason we're in this mess. And also the reason we have car accidents, below-zero temperatures, a high divorce rate, poverty, drought, floods, starvation, skunked beer, the common cold, high gas prices, flat tires, vandalism, procrastination on Friday afternoons ... I could go on and on.
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Didn't the government give a $300/person rebate on taxes last year or this year. We already got our dividend.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Well, there you go. I didn't read it very closely.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                Well, there you go. I didn't read it very closely.
                Hey Doc, as long as you know the difference between things like first, second, and third generation cepholasporins, Ace inhibitors, calcium channel blockers, statins etc. and the appropriate places to Rx we will let someone else worry about the math.

Comment

I've gotten this e-mail 3 times today and have replied all every time saying the math is wrong. He's only off by 3 zero's!

Comment

Catch 'em.

Kill it.

Comment

Fun fact - did you know Jim Langer received entry into the Pro Football Hall of Fame before he was eligible for entry into the SDSU Hall of Fame.
                      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

No I did not. Do you know how that occurred?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

For some reason you have to wait approximately 27.8743 years to get into the SDSU HOF but only 5 years to get into the NFL HOF. My math may be wrong, but I believe that is the reason.

Comment

Fun fact - did you know Jim Langer received entry into the Pro Football Hall of Fame before he was eligible for entry into the SDSU Hall of Fame.
                            Hehehe.

I see what you did there.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

You see us at Black Hills State understand why they needed to do this (not that we liked it, or that we wouldn't of minded to see Wall Street turned into a ghost town) The facts are that everything is so interlinked that unless something would of happened the problems would of been felt by too many people.

Bear Sterns Bailout- This one bothered me kinda. The reason is because if you look at the difference between the government prompted deal and the bankruptcy there really wasn't much difference (at least what we can see from the surface it could of been worse and we didn't know it)

Fannie and Freddie- Guys these had to be bailed out, they are theoretically backed by the United States, if the United States would of let these guys fail the value of the dollar would be zero because are word would worthless to foreign countries that hold are money.

AIG- This had to happen because if it didn't there would of been a bankruptcy and with bankruptcy it would of tied up things and make it harder for insurance claims and everything. This isn't even really considered a bailout because we took 80% of the company as collateral.

The $700 billion dollar bailout isn't a bailout its a fund that buys morgage bundles that look bad on the books, split them up figure out what to do with them and try to turn a profit. At most I think it would be a $200 billion dollar bailout because most of the bundles have a lot of good morgages in them and by taking them off of the books you will allow the price to go up and then you sell them at a higher price. And I personally believe that there is a good chance that money could be made by this for the government.

Personally I think its bs.... It makes me mad that we have to bail them out but when you understand that if this doesn't happen. There will be runs on banks, Banks will go broke, my student loan won't come through, my dad's and other farmers operating loans won't come through.... When the local businesses who use a line of credit some months to make payroll can't make payroll, and all other problems that will be bigger, then you understand that this has to happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X