Taste of SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taste of SD

While working on some school work, I decided to take a break and enjoy a newly purchased tatanka bar. I highly recomend them now. Very tasty treat a bit high in sodium but who's counting. For those of you who have not tried it yet, you must its buffalo and cranberry. Maybe its just me but it seems cranberrys are gettin into everything now adays. Very moist and chewy with a good flavor. Plus they are made in South Dakota, in Kyle, not so sure where that is, im guessin west river. Anyway. they are pretty good and i will be carrying those around for snacks between classes now.

Goon
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Re: Taste of SD

Kyle is on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. They started making the Tanka Bar there about a year ago with a couple of goals - improve the health of Lakotas, who have higher rates of diabetes, and boost the reservation economy. I haven't tried one, but haven't seen them around Yankton, either.

Comment

Re: Taste of SD

I have had them also and they are very good. It took me a while to try them because they seemed expensive (2.25), but my son informed me that that is the going price for energy bars that are not fancy candy. I have had them since and decided that for two of them it is about the price of a deal at McD or BK, much better for me, and just as filling. Try them, I think you will like them.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
      X