Stephen F. Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen F. Austin

They come into the game at 1-2 with their lone win coming against division 2 Langston. I don't expect us to beat them as bad as we did at home last year, but barring a UNI hangover I think we get back to playing good football and are able to win on the road rather easily.

Re: Stephen F. Austin

Originally posted by launcher46 View Post
    They come into the game at 1-2 with their lone win coming against division 2 Langston. I don't expect us to beat them as bad as we did at home last year, but barring a UNI hangover I think we get back to playing good football and are able to win on the road rather easily.
    Yeah, I don't see a 45-0 debacle like Hobo Day last year, but I do see us winning handily. Herb Donaldson racked up 229 yds rushing (3 tds)off the SFA defense last week and it will be more of the same this week, with Minett, pissed off at the 15 yds rushing performance at UNI, ripping it up for 150+ and 3 scores. 2 td passes from Berry to Harris and Cochart and a FG for Reifenrath.

38-17 Jackrabbits.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I think that this game will be closer than it should be based on the bangedupness of the team. I'm thinking closer to 31 - 21. Hopefully, guys that need it get a chance to rest and get ready for Hobo Day. That game is going to be huge.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

SFA now plays that weird, Texas Tech-style offense, spreading the field as much as possible, including giant spreads between offensive linemen. It's weird, but I would guess it puts a premium on the one-on-one matchups of our defensive line and their offensive line. I like Danny Batten's odds of winning those battles pretty often. Stig said last night they spread it so much that it's hard to know where the offensive line ends and the wide receivers begin. They just don't have the line strength to play the kind of hard-nosed football we like to play. That goes for our offensive line versus a much less physical defensive line, too. We should be able to run the ball for a change. Look for Kyle Minett and company (or is it Minay... ask the UNI announcers) to have a good day.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

What I remember last year is their coach was afraid to throw in the wind and it was a windy day so maybe it will be a typical still fall day in Texas and a bunch of picks for Campbell, Kjerstad et al. If I am not mistaken, this coach whose name I dont recall also got some of his coaching experience under Lou Holst at Clemson. I wonder what Lou would have thought about that comment of not throwing into the wind. Last year's game came to easy for the Jacks, lets hope we do win and win big, but if its a chance to build our depth that will be good too.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            Look for Kyle Minett and company (or is it Minay... ask the UNI announcers) to have a good day.
            The UNI announcers, don't even get started there. Maybe they should have done more research by interviewing 'coach stigil' before the game so they didn't sound like complete shmucks.

Comment

New coordinators for SFA on both sides of the ball. And there has been some drama trying to get film from them, I'm told. Basically... they've been very difficult to work with.

Outside of three or four programs, the Southland Conference is kind of a joke.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The Jackrabbits' starting offensive line that averages 6-5, 295 pounds against a young Lumberjack defensive line that averages 6-2, 256 pounds. The ’Jacks' offensive line enters the game averaging 6-4, 289. The Jackrabbits' defensive line averages 6-3, 263 pounds.

Size advantage SDSU.

Comment

A few interesting things to look for in Saturday's game:

Jeske may see time at safety. He's just such a good athlete that they've been trying to figure out ways to get him on the field. He's been in punt coverage all year.

RS Fr. Rodkem Matthews may see time as the dime back.

Watch where they put Batten and Thompson. They might move inside so they're closer to the QB. SFA's Texas Tech offense puts them so far away on the edge that the coaches want their best pass rushers inside.

I expect we'll be able to score on these guys. The question is with that Texas Tech offense will we be able to slow them down. They had good receivers last year and still do this year.

SDSU 38
                  SFA 28

Lots of offense in this one. And expect some bad calls from homer refs.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Looking for a good game for the Jacks to work out a few wrinkles. Conditions look sunny and hot for the game. Few of the guys with injuries should be back and playing. Looking forward to it

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Conrad and Brock are still gametime decisions as neither have gotten any reps in this week. Will be interesting to watch as we've never played a team truly dedicated to the pass.

Comment

The FCS lines came out today...

Jacks are favored by 12 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                          Conrad and Brock are still gametime decisions as neither have gotten any reps in this week. Will be interesting to watch as we've never played a team truly dedicated to the pass.

Both were at the game on Saturday and tested the injuries in the pre-game warm-ups. From what I understand, the decision was made to hold them to risk further injury under the "better one game lost than the entire season" theory. Playing on the old carpet-style of turf probably played a factor. That stuff is not good on the joints.
                          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I don't expect to see Schroeder, Kjerstad or Campbell against SFA. I don't have any info, but Stig said again the other night that they'd like to get healthy for the big non-conference foes and return to conference play.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              I don't expect to see Schroeder, Kjerstad or Campbell against SFA. I don't have any info, but Stig said again the other night that they'd like to get healthy for the big non-conference foes and return to conference play.
                              Given how we played the last 6 quarters without these D stars, this is the "breather" before McNeese and Cal Poly. We really need to knock those two home games as wins. Split, or lose both, we're probably done Nov. 22.

Comment

Working...
                              X