YSU 32 NDSU 24 Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YSU 32 NDSU 24 Final

Bison had it at the 4, 2nd and goal with 27 seconds left. Mertens lofts a ball into the end zone and it's picked off. Game over. YSU somehow defeats NDSU.

Who would have seen that coming? YSU was left for dead after the beating we gave them. Their staring QB left. Most of their d-line was injured. Somehow they beat the Bison.

Down year for NDSU? Or gut check for YSU? Maybe a little of both?
    Holy nutmeg!

Re: YSU 32 NDSU 24 Final

Gut check for Youngstown, but I think North Dakota St. has been a little overrated. I thought this would be a better game than most people did but I did not expect a bison loss. I picture Youngstown as the type of team that if things are going well and they are up will continue to play well, but if things are going poorly will go in the tank. I think the bison find a way to pull this off with Walker at qb.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Bison had it at the 4, 2nd and goal with 27 seconds left. Mertens lofts a ball into the end zone and it's picked off. Game over. YSU somehow defeats NDSU.

Who would have seen that coming? YSU was left for dead after the beating we gave them. Their staring QB left. Most of their d-line was injured. Somehow they beat the Bison.

Down year for NDSU? Or gut check for YSU? Maybe a little of both?
      A little bit of both. NDSU has some injuries. Their QB is unproven and threw 4 picks today. Their defense came out flat (kind of like ours). I think its called being on the road against the top 2/3rds of the MVFC. There just ain't no guarantees. I'm glad we got YSU when we did and I'm glad we get by WIU. You can't lose at home if you want a shot at the conference title.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Wow.

Welcome to MVFC, XDSU's!
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

NDSU's next three include two at home: SIU and WIU and then the big game at UNI. They could certainly win those three and we'll all be talking about the possibility of a Dakota Marker game that will be meaningful in the playoff race.

Still, I can't help but be a little surprised. I couldn't imagine that YSU team running the ball against anybody, much less the way they ran it on NDSU.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The CBS affiliate in Fargo picked up the tv broadcast from Youngstown. The play by play announcer sounded a lot like the guy on the Timberwolves broadcasts. Kevin Harlan? Wasn't him just sounded like him.

Bison trailed 23-3 at one point and caught up to 29-24 in the 4th quarter. Youngstown missed an extra point and later failed on a 2 pt conversion. Those 2 missed extra points could have cost YSU the game. They should have been up by 10 instead of 8 at the end of the game. The player who made the winning interception tipped the ball away from the receiver in the back of the end zone and caught it.
            An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
            US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Bison came out flat, played sloppy on Offense, worse then that on defense and didn't deserve to win the game. Actually the score made it appear closer then I thought it was. Very Very disappointed in our team. I agree with the poster who said with walker at QB we win. Hell with Walker at QB we would have won both the Wyo game and this one. You can't give the ball away like Mertens did and expect to win. 7 intercpetions in two games are you fvcking kidding me? If Mertens doesn't get his crap together and soon you guys will be going to the playoffs and we will be sitting at home eating turkey. Sad part is we have a better team then what he's show us to be in the last two games. Yeah the Wyoming game had some critical dropped passes by our recievers but still giving the ball away by interceptions is not acceptable. At this point I have not much confidence in his ability to see the field and lead the Bison to the playoffs. Yeah we were over rated but we won't be anymore. WIU, UNI, SIU and SDSU could all be losses for this NDSU team if he keeps throwing the ball like he has the last two weeks. This year and next year could prove to be long seasons for us with no QB as a clear up and comer to replace him with either. What was once a promising season is now starting to look like it could get real ugly in a hurry.

Comment

Well YSU certainly is vastly improved from the SDSU game. Why? The qb. I wanted this new QB to start from day 1, because he is mobile and has an arm, something Rowan did not have. Summers actually got YSU to move the ball a bit in the 2nd half in South Dakota.

YSU ran all over NDSU, 340 yards. We had a freshman rush for 146 yards, and a junior rush for 121 yards.

If YSU plays like this the rest of the year, they'll be hard to beat. But remember, it's very tough for anyone to win in Youngstown. YSU will be tested on the road, and we'll see how good they are when they do hit the road for MSU-SUU-INSU-WIU this season. We are lucky to have UNI and SIU at home, as well as a top 25 Liberty team coming into Youngstown next week.

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post
                  Well YSU certainly is vastly improved from the SDSU game. Why? The qb. I wanted this new QB to start from day 1, because he is mobile and has an arm, something Rowan did not have. Summers actually got YSU to move the ball a bit in the 2nd half in South Dakota.

YSU ran all over NDSU, 340 yards. We had a freshman rush for 146 yards, and a junior rush for 121 yards.

If YSU plays like this the rest of the year, they'll be hard to beat. But remember, it's very tough for anyone to win in Youngstown. YSU will be tested on the road, and we'll see how good they are when they do hit the road for MSU-SUU-INSU-WIU this season. We are lucky to have UNI and SIU at home, as well as a top 25 Liberty team coming into Youngstown next week.
                  Liberty should be a YSU victory. I am thinking that SDSU experienced YSU when we did. The Offensive stumbling by YSU WAS very EXPLOITED by the Jacks. The question that came out after the SDSU/YSU was "is SDSU that good or YSU that bad?" And we're learning it was a combo of each.

Now the question is "Is NDSU that discreptible, or has YSU improved that much?" Again, it's likely to be a combo of both. With SIU/WIU/UNI their next 3 games, the Bison will get a chance to demo.

The SDSU / YSU game was a super job as a Jacks fan and OMG as a Guins fans. Good to see YSU turning around.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                    Liberty should be a YSU victory. I am thinking that SDSU experienced YSU when we did. The Offensive stumbling by YSU WAS very EXPLOITED by the Jacks. The question that came out after the SDSU/YSU was "is SDSU that good or YSU that bad?" And we're learning it was a combo of each.

Now the question is "Is NDSU that discreptible, or has YSU improved that much?" Again, it's likely to be a combo of both. With SIU/WIU/UNI their next 3 games, the Bison will get a chance to demo.

The SDSU / YSU game was a super job as a Jacks fan and OMG as a Guins fans. Good to see YSU turning around.
                    Wow, didn't realize they had those 3 tough games in a row. Will be an interesting next couple of weeks up in Bisonland.

Comment

HIGHLIGHTS FROM
                      YSU - NDSU

Courtesy the Jambar
                      YSU'S Student Newspaper [in the tank for Obama]

Comment

Thanks and it was a big win for YSU, no doubt. What is interesting is that NDSU scored on the fumble. There are certain elements of their defense that is still working very good. As well as YSU played, its very hard to put the Bison away. Its a sixty minute effort.

I still dont understand why YSU running game did not do this well in Brookings. I been told a couple of the running backs did not play in Brookings We were healthy on the D side in that game, and line of scrimmage giveaways on both sides of the ball game UNI their win. This looks like a great conference to be part of. You have a nice staduim. Lot different than the high school field YSU played on in the 1970's.

Comment

Working...
                        X