Ryder Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryder Cup

PGA golf is a pro sport and I really like following it.

Mickelson and Kim choked it away today but Perry and Furyk came through. USA leads 7 to 5 over the Europeans. Europeans are a huge favorite to win but we are on our home turf. I'm not a Mickelson fan anyways but the performance today and his record in Ryder Cup matches only makes me less of a fan. Four more matches this afternoon and the singles tomorrow. Here is a nice link where you can follow the action if you are at work like me.

http://www.rydercup.com/2008/usa/scoring/round_3.html

I'll be listening to WNAX while watching the Ryder Cup while taking care of people. Not a bad Saturday all things considered.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Ryder Cup

I love watching golf, most people think it's boring but I find it rather exciting.

I'm really enjoying the Ryder Cup, I didn't get to watch the matches this morning due to me having to cover the Brookings High Competitive Spirit event for the Register.

Here is another good link, Jason Sobel does an excellent job following the matches and keeping you up to date: http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/ryder...e=rydercupblog

Sobel also does live blogs for all the majors

Comment

US finishes the day up 9-7. Need some of the rookies to come through tomorrow. Gotta have 5 1/2 points to get the cup back.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        I'm not a Mickelson fan anyways but the performance today and his record in Ryder Cup matches only makes me less of a fan.
        Mickelson's performance today was atrocious, he couldn't do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
          Mickelson's performance today was atrocious, he couldn't do anything.
          Captain el foldo. Hopefully the others can come through. Great performance by the younger players thus far. If Campbell and Furyk can win their matches the cup is ours.

Comment

I was really impressed with the way that Kim and Boo played this weekend. Boo is an interesting person but it is obvious that he is having fun which brings some relief from such an uptight sport

Comment

JB performed well, too. I look forward to seeing these guys on the PGA tour for years to come. I'm planning to attend the Ryder cup in Minnesota in 2016.

Comment

JB performed well, too. I look forward to seeing these guys on the PGA tour for years to come. I'm planning to attend the Ryder cup in Minnesota in 2016.
                Ditto to that! I will be there as well. Hazeltine and the state of Minnesota will provide a great atmosphere for an awesome sporting event!

Comment

I saw that Minn. was hosting the Ryder Cup and plan on getting there for it. The Ryder Cup is a different breed of golf. Seeing someone like Kim, Booooooo, and other rookies play so well in such an important challenge is awesome. We can only hope in 8 years the pairings and competition is just as great as it was the past 3 days.
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                    I saw that Minn. was hosting the Ryder Cup and plan on getting there for it. The Ryder Cup is a different breed of golf. Seeing someone like Kim, Booooooo, and other rookies play so well in such an important challenge is awesome. We can only hope in 8 years the pairings and competition is just as great as it was the past 3 days.
                    I'm trying to figure out how I get my 7 year old, who will be 15 in 2008 (how scary is it to think about that!!!) out of school to attend. She is already golfing now and I anticipate she we want to go. When I put 8 years in perspective the way I just did I sure hope it seem like a VERY LONG TIME before the Ryder Cup is contested in Minnesota.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out how I get my 7 year old, who will be 15 in 2008 (how scary is it to think about that!!!) out of school to attend. She is already golfing now and I anticipate she we want to go.
                      The tougher part might be convincing her golf coach to let her miss the scheduled meet(s) during that time!
                      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

I'm trying to figure out how I get my 7 year old, who will be 15 in 2008 (how scary is it to think about that!!!) out of school to attend. She is already golfing now and I anticipate she we want to go. When I put 8 years in perspective the way I just did I sure hope it seem like a VERY LONG TIME before the Ryder Cup is contested in Minnesota.

She will only have to miss Friday's classes ('only'). Maybe I will sneak my neice and nephew (ages will be 12 and 9) to see it too. Their dad likes golf and the grandparents like golf so it might be a great family vacation for us.
                        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

From the few minutes I caught on TV on Saturday it looked like Mickelson was terrible. They said he had hit 6 of 13 fairways, then he proceeded to hit his tee shot into the bunker on 18. Nevertheless it's good to get the cup back. I like watching what I can of it and really enjoy the excitement it generates. Looked like Mahan played well and I love listening to Boo speak.

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                            The tougher part might be convincing her golf coach to let her miss the scheduled meet(s) during that time!
                            Double A girls golf is in the spring. It won't mean much anyways, Brookings will probably be crowned state champs before the season starts.

Comment

Just FYI, Ryder Cup tickets are hard to come by. They go on sale two years before (so Ryder Cup tickets for 2010 were on sale this July. I tried to get two tickets once (a year ahead), saw the need for a July request, sent my request, and got a nice form letter back noting that the July in question was a year earlier. I'll condition this post by saying that was true for a Europe Ryder Cup...maybe it will be easier in the US.

Comment

Working...
                              X