Vikings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vikings

Do you know the difference between the Mississippi River and Tavaris Jackson?

One still starts in Minnesota
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Re: Vikings

Well I'm not a fan of the Vikings, so I found it humourous when a former Jackrabbit was kicking the game winning field goal in the Humpty Dome on Sunday. He pretty much took all of the hot air that supports that dome out of the stadium. I just had a big smile on my face when I saw that highlight Sunday night.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Breaking news today: A group of businessmen from the Phillipines has made an offer to buy the Vikings.

If the bid is successful, the team will be moved and renamed the Manilla Folders.

Comment

How do the Vikings count to 10?

0-1, 0-2, 0-3, 0-4, 0-5, 0-6, 0-7, 0-8, 0-9, 0-10
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The judge asked a child with a troubled past if he wanted to live with his father. The child said, "No, he beats me!"

The judge asked if he wanted to live with his mother. The boy said, "No, she beats me too!"

The judge asked if there were any other family members he could live with. The boy said, "No, they ALL beat me."

He went on to say, "Can I just go and live with the Minnesota Vikings? They don't beat anybody!"
          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

I'm not real good with jokes, I only remember the punch line.

Gus Frerotte

I just laugh every time at that joke.

(\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

The Little General's ego and determination to turn Jackson into McNabb -- and thus cement Chilly's own reputation as a Football Genius(tm)-- really backfired on him here.

At what point in the season does Ziggy give up, fire Chilly and put Leslie Frazier in charge? I say do it yesterday.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                The Little General's ego and determination to turn Jackson into McNabb -- and thus cement Chilly's own reputation as a Football Genius(tm)-- really backfired on him here.

At what point in the season does Ziggy give up, fire Chilly and put Leslie Frazier in charge? I say do it yesterday.
                I'm pretty certain, as are others, and maybe Ziggy even said it, that he is the one who asked for the change. I bet Chilly is pissed as hell. They better beat Carolina this weekend or things are going to get even uglier.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

Chilly needs to go. I think some of the Vikings fans are unfairly coming down on Jackson. I'm not saying that Jackson is a good quarterback by any means but when the play calling is as bad as what Chilly is calling, it's tough for the quarterback.

To bad the Vikes don't have Tomlin anymore because Chilly would be out of a job

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                    Chilly needs to go. I think some of the Vikings fans are unfairly coming down on Jackson. I'm not saying that Jackson is a good quarterback by any means but when the play calling is as bad as what Chilly is calling, it's tough for the quarterback.

To bad the Vikes don't have Tomlin anymore because Chilly would be out of a job
                    From what I am told/hearing its a two way street. Chilly has to be conservative because Jackson isn't able to grasp the concepts behind more compicated schemes. Maybe thats B.S. but thats what I have heard. I don't mean that in anyway as a reflection on Jackson's intelligents. The theory, as I understand it, is that he was so much more athletic than his previous competitors that he relied more on that than on establishing a great understanding of the offensive game. Again maybe thats all B.S. and Chilly is just a schmuck.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      From what I am told/hearing its a two way street. Chilly has to be conservative because Jackson isn't able to grasp the concepts behind for compicated schemes. Maybe thats B.S. but thats what I have heard. I don't mean that in anyway as a reflection on Jackson's intelligents. The theory, as I understand it, is that he was so much more athletic than his previous competitors that he relied more on that than on establishing a great understanding of the offensive game. Again maybe thats all B.S. and Chilly is just a schmuck.
                      I think my post coming off as saying that it was all Chilly's fault but went I meant to say was exactly what you said. It's not all Jackson's fault and its not all Chilly's fault

Comment

P. Williams and K. Williams were suspended for four games today, there goes the Vikings playoff chances. The only good thing that may come out of this, Chilly out of a job,

Here's the AP story
                        http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3740122

Comment

It is going to be tough. With the caveat that I only know what I have read and not the whole situation, I thought they had a fair shot on the legal side with the claim that the NFL knew the banned substances were in the Starcaps and didn't tell the players. With statement from the NFL indicating that they had told the union in 2006 that the company was bad, I think I would focus my legal fees on the company for not including it in the list of ingredients. Might get some of the money back from the suspension, but they are going to sit.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

You know, coming off the blowout of Chicago, especially now that the Williams are out, the Vikes are going to lose to hapless, winless Detroit this weekend.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              You know, coming off the blowout of Chicago, especially now that the Williams are out, the Vikes are going to lose to hapless, winless Detroit this weekend.
                              Exactly what I was thinking

Comment

Working...
                              X