Wrestler dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrestler dies

Daniel Runck passed away Sunday. Not sure the situation behind the passing, but my condolences to the family. Dan wrestled at the 174 weight class and was a three time all-conference wrestler in high school.

Re: Wrestler dies

Our thoughts and prayers are with Dan's family,friends and teammates.

Comment

This is certainly tragic and very sad. I can't imagine what his family and friends must be feeling right now. As 76 said, our thoughts and prayers can't hurt.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
        Quoted for agreement.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
          Same feelings here...

Comment

Daniel's obituary.

http://www.katoinfo.com/mankatoobituaries.php?obid=5520
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

So, so sad. His family and friends will be in our prayers.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Can anyone elaborate what happened to this young man?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  Can anyone elaborate what happened to this young man?
                  I think I can, but I'm not comfortable revealing my source (nor do I have substantial prove, other than words from a trusted source), so I won't on here.

Comment

UPD's press release says suicide.

Comment

I think the way that Dan died should be left alone and not to be brought up. If you know memories of him post those on here instead.

Comment

He must have been a good kid. I have heard from literally 15 or 20 students this week who knew and liked him. Such a tragedy. I can't imagine what the family is going through right now.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          Such a tragedy. I can't imagine what the family is going through right now.
                          One thing is certain, they are asking and thinking about a lot of questions that will never be answered.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I am sure that the family, and his friends also, are wondering why they couldn't have done more to help. I think that a wonderful way to honor this young man's life would be for everyone on the board take a half hour or so from the time we spend on the board to learn more about this. I would recommend Suicide Awareness Voices of Education, http://www.save.org, although there are many sites. If everyone was more informed, somebody will be helped.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Article by TV in the Argus yesterday. Not sure it's associated with this particular situation but I would bet so.
                              http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...38/1002/sports

Comment

Working...
                              X