Northern Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Iowa

Does anybody know the tv situation for this game? I have heard that it is possibly being broadcast on mediacom and on the UNI website. Does anybody have any concrete info?

Re: Northern Iowa

Jason Hove said it should be on Mediacom in the soccer press box today.

Comment

Have you heard anything about it being simulcast on anything else?... no mediacom down here in SF.

Comment

I would feel much more comfortable about this game if we had any momentum at all going into it.

Sure, we're 2-1 and 2-0 in MVC, but that second half last night was just brutal, I feel it may have killed all our momentum.

On the other hand, maybe we want them to remember that last 30 minutes and realize at no time can you give up because until that fat lady sings, it ain't over.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          I would feel much more comfortable about this game if we had any momentum at all going into it.

Sure, we're 2-1 and 2-0 in MVC, but that second half last night was just brutal, I feel it may have killed all our momentum.

On the other hand, maybe we want them to remember that last 30 minutes and realize at no time can you give up because until that fat lady sings, it ain't over.
          I think that last 30 minutes was more of a wake up call for us than anything. John will use that as motivation this week for our guys to focus and play a complete game next week against UNI. I think the biggest negative coming out of that second half is that Campbell, Kjerstad, and Schroeder all got banged up.

Comment

Agreed. Nothing better than getting a win against a good team and still being motivated going into next week. Shouldn't see a drop off after this game like you might have had they blown out YSU and WIU back to back. That second half may be really really good for the team.

Comment

Who's going? I'm thinking about heading there and back on Saturday.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                Who's going? I'm thinking about heading there and back on Saturday.
                Look forward to hearing how things go there. I'm hoping to make it there on 18 October...

Comment

I can't wait for Saturday!!! This is a HUGE game for the Jacks. A win could propel us into the top 5 (for sure Top 10) in the nation! Not to mention, put us in the drivers seat for the Missouri Valley crown and a playoff birth.

I believe I heard the game was going to be on Mediacom, correct??

Comment

The second half was bad. But it might have been so much like the second half of last year's Northern Iowa game it could serve as a reminder of what went wrong. In fact, the second half of Saturday's Western game was so similar to the second half of last season's UNI game it's freaky. Both teams carved us up passing, largely with short/medium completions and stuff across the middle. We'll wait and see how we are injury-wise in the secondary, but if we allow that to happen to us again, then shame on us.

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Mediacom ...

What about the other 750,000 people in the state?

Beggars can't be choosers, I guess.

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                      Jason Hove said it should be on Mediacom in the soccer press box today.
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Injury update:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
                          I couldn't open up this link for some reason, so I apologize if I'm repeating info here...

Brock Campbell has a sprained achilles, but is probable for the game on Saturday.

I found some interesting info on achilles sprains from men's health's fantasy football section. Check this out:

How Long Does It Take to Recover?

Not a lot of blood gets to the Achilles, so injuries to it are not quick healers. Recovery time is usually 2 to 10 days for a mild strain, 10 days to 6 weeks for a moderate strain, and 6 to 10 weeks for a severe strain. Orthotics can be worn to alleviate some of the pain and a physical therapist can tape the athlete's foot to keep the tendon in place and speed up healing time.

Start or Sit?

Even a mild strain is likely to significantly affect a player the week after an injury. Usually, sit him. And be aware: This can become a chronic problem, and affect a player's production for an entire season. So start checking the waiver wire if one of your players goes down with a severe Achilles sprain; you may want to make a move.

Comment

Originally posted by launcher46 View Post
                            Does anybody know the tv situation for this game? I have heard that it is possibly being broadcast on mediacom and on the UNI website. Does anybody have any concrete info?
                            From TV's blog on monday:

This week’s game in Cedar Falls will be broadcast live at 4:05 p.m. on Mediacom. Word from the UNI ticket office is that two sections in the UNI-Dome are set aside for SDSU fans and tickets are still available, but the building is filling up fast – it is also family weekend – and could be full by Friday.

Comment

Northern Iowa coach Mark Farley is concerned about the game. He's also not especially happy about the XDSUs being in the league. He thinks it makes what was already a tough league even tougher and it will be more difficult for the Panthers to make the playoffs every year. UNI, in my view, has had a big home field advantage over the years. Panthers never have to play a bad weather game at home that could be an advantage to an opponent. And playing in a dome has to be a somewhat strange experience for teams that usually play outside. Panthers have a new qb after four years of Eric Sanders. I think the Coyotes out-gainining the Panthers has to be encouraging. Coach Farley...by the way...is a former UNI player. He was a walk-on and his hometown was Waukon, Iowa. So he was known as the "walk-on from Waukon." I'll be making the 45-mile trip up I-380 from Cedar Rapids to Cedar Falls Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                              X