Cooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking

Does anyone have any good recipes for Deer Chili? I have a bunch of ground deer and don't know what to do with it all. Frankly, I am sick of deer burgers on the grill.

Re: Cooking

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
    Does anyone have any good recipes for Deer Chili? I have a bunch of ground deer and don't know what to do with it all. Frankly, I am sick of deer burgers on the grill.
    I don't have any set recipes, but I've made chili before with venison burger.

I first brown the burger with a sliced up onion and maybe some garlic powder and black pepper.

Then I usually just use a couple cans of chili style beans and a couple other cans of different beans (pinto/kidney/black). Add in a couple cans of tomato sauce and a couple cans of flavored sliced tomatoes. A can of jalepeno's if you like it spicy. Then I just let it simmer for a few hours and add chili powder, cumin powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, etc. as I cook it until I get the taste right.

As you can probably tell, no two pots of chili ever turn out the same, but they've always been good!

Another thing to consider is just googling "Venison Chili". You'll get alot of ideas there as well.

Other ideas for deer burger is just using it in spaghetti, hamburger helper, taco's and whatever else you use regular beef burger in. I get a deer every year and get about half of it processed into burger and use it this way during the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post

Other ideas for deer burger is just using it in spaghetti, hamburger helper, taco's and whatever else you use regular beef burger in. I get a deer every year and get about half of it processed into burger and use it this way during the year.
      Couldn't agree more. You can use it for everything!

Comment

Thanks

I decided that is what I am going to do. I am going to look in the pantry and find what I have throw it all in a crock and see what comes out. Unless it is putrid anything can be made better with a little cajun seasoning.

Comment

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search?q=deer+burger

they also have 27 recipes for deer chili
          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

My dad usually has a quite a bit of burger, but keeps some of the steaks and makes chislic out of most of it. He coats it in flour and seasonings and then deep fries it. It is awesome IMO.

Comment

Working...
            X