Need a "Jacks Gear" store at CAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a "Jacks Gear" store at CAS

Almost every game I go to I hear, "what time does the bookstore close, I need a new SDSU shirt, hat, fill in the blank". For afternoon games its no problem, but for evening games they close at 5:00. Once the Dykehouse is finished in Nov. 2009, take one of the trailers and move it to a more accesible place and set up a game day Jacks store. Maybe over in the tailgating area. They would sell ALOT of stuff, especially from lubricated folks in the backyard! If the athletic dept. doesnt want to do it, email me and Ill be happy to do it and give them a percentage!

Re: Need a "Jacks Gear" store at CAS

They do have a small booth set up under the west stands for most games.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboD View Post
      Almost every game I go to I hear, "what time does the bookstore close, I need a new SDSU shirt, hat, fill in the blank". For afternoon games its no problem, but for evening games they close at 5:00. Once the Dykehouse is finished in Nov. 2009, take one of the trailers and move it to a more accesible place and set up a game day Jacks store. Maybe over in the tailgating area. They would sell ALOT of stuff, especially from lubricated folks in the backyard! If the athletic dept. doesnt want to do it, email me and Ill be happy to do it and give them a percentage!
      Apparently the old locker room building will become a permanent gameday home for Bookstore apparel sales once the Dykhouse Center opens.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I was surprised at the items that were not available at the game. I asked for a media guide and they just looked puzzled. They should be selling those at the home games as well as progams

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          Apparently the old locker room building will become a permanent gameday home for Bookstore apparel sales once the Dykhouse Center opens.
          I hope they air the place out. I've never smelled so much 'football' in my life as I have in that locker room.

Ok ok, I know they'll probably remodel/renovate it. Good to hear they are gonna get more of a presence out there during game day.

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
            I hope they air the place out. I've never smelled so much 'football' in my life as I have in that locker room.

Ok ok, I know they'll probably remodel/renovate it. Good to hear they are gonna get more of a presence out there during game day.

Unfortunately, once you smell that smell you can never unsmell it.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
              Unfortunately, once you smell that smell you can never unsmell it.
              Haha that is a good way of putting it. Every time I smell anything resembling that I immediately think of that that locker room.

Comment

Go to Walmart in Brookings they have alot of SDSU items

Comment

I believe the point was to have all of the available merchandise where you have 14,000 SDSU fans gathered together in one facility . . . which would strike me as being a pretty darn good idea . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    I believe the point was to have all of the available merchandise where you have 14,000 SDSU fans gathered together in one facility . . . which would strike me as being a pretty darn good idea . . .
                    Exactly. A couple of years back I remember speaking with someone about this issue (I can't remember who) as I was willing to man the both, and the bookstore wanted to be able to do this, but there wasn't any space to store the inventory that would be needed for a game. Running out of stuff before the 1st quarter was over would more likely tick off more people than got stuff. The planning for this has been in the works for quite some time.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I sold a sweatshirt yesterday. I borrowed it to my friend, he asked if he could buy it from me, I asked him for a beer, he said sure, the sweatshirt is now his. Had their been gear for sale he would have bought one for himself. Probably would have cost him more than a beer.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

However, it could be that your friend over paid. I have some old SDSU sweatshirts that I doubt anyone would give me a beer in exchange for; however those are the ones that I would never trade.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                          However, it could be that your friend over paid. I have some old SDSU sweatshirts that I doubt anyone would give me a beer in exchange for; however those are the ones that I would never trade.
                          Good point!! This was a blue hooded sweatshirt with the new Jackrabbit head profile logo. I hope he is wearing it as he reads this thread tonight.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                          X