NDSU Injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU Injuries

NDSU steamrolled Central Connecticut 50-14 but at a cost. The Bison sound pretty beat up as they prepare for their game in Laramie, WY against the Cowboys. Fargo Forum columnist Mike McFeely talks about the injury picture in his column. Link.

Central Connecticut plays in the FCS Northeast Conference.

Re: NDSU Injuries

I got a feeling most if not all will be back and playing by the last game of the season. Nothing, including a bunch of injuries will make a win in Fargo easy.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      NDSU steamrolled Central Connecticut 50-14 but at a cost. The Bison sound pretty beat up as they prepare for their game in Laramie, WY against the Cowboys. Fargo Forum columnist Mike McFeely talks about the injury picture in his column. Link.

Central Connecticut plays in the FCS Northeast Conference.
      I guess their vaunted depth will be tested this weekend vs Wyoming.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Bison fans love to chirp about their injuries (see last years Dakota Marker Game) and how they impact the outcome of a game and yet don't acknowledge the other team has to deal with the same thing!

Comment

Honestly, I actually hope NDSU beats Wyoming Saturday. Our offense is really bad!

Comment

I'm pulling for the Bison against the Cowboys. I know of some SDSU alums, now Wyoming residents and Cowboys season-ticket holders, who won't want to see the Bison win.

Comment

I'm pulling for the Bison against the Cowboys. I know of some SDSU alums, now Wyoming residents and Cowboys season-ticket holders, who won't want to see the Bison win.
              I root for my Pokes since 1985 or '86 but this is one of the worse Poke squads ever!

Comment

Originally posted by OKC_Poke View Post
                Honestly, I actually hope NDSU beats Wyoming Saturday. Our offense is really bad!
                Shucks, I picked the Cowboys in Week 3 predictions on this board. I was hoping for some boasting by our Poke fan. NDSU is generally good on defense, but this might be the game to get Wyoming O on track.

I think depth and talent will favor Wyoming. When you got 22 more scholarships, you have a mismatch. I think Minnesota has been disarray for a few years now and they were beatable last year.

Off topic but I see Iowa State is 2-0 after taking care of a MAC conference Kent State. I with Coach Stig and all his comments about FCS and FBS match ups. Its tough for a FCS to play a full FBS schedule and come out a winner every game.

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                  I guess their vaunted depth will be tested this weekend vs Wyoming.
                  True that. It is depth that keeps a team rolling and this'll be the big test for NDSU, especially if the pregame sandbagging by Wyoming fans is actually based on fact. I hope that they don't play Tyler Roehl and he gets the rest that he needs. It would (a) allow him to get healthy and (b) show us the true depth we have in the backfield.

I'm not that concerned about depth on the defense yet - d-men get hurt every season and the rest seem to always step up from behind without problems.

Comment

Prediction: NDSU, injuries or not will beat Wyoming by 2 touchdowns. I may be wrong, but I think Wyoming may really struggle this year. If they do, and end up at the bottom of the MWC Glenn may be looking for a move back into FCS (UNC?).

Comment

A lot of Wyoming fans are steamed at Joe Glenn. If we lose to the Bison Saturday, there's going to be a posse of Wyoming fans wanting to give him a neck-tie party (Wild West lingo for hanging).

Comment

I live in Denver, among a great many Cowboy fans who are really unhappy. They see Wyoming regressing after a couple of years where it seemed as if Glenn had it together. A year at the bottom of the MWC will not improve the mood. They lose to NDSU and it will not be pretty. The loss to Air Force which they weren't even in the game has opened some wounds.

Comment

jacksfan29, you pretty much sumed it up perfectly.

Comment

We remember Joe Glenn well from the NCC days when he had a good run at Northern Colorado. Here are some Joe Glenn Quick Facts (read them now before Wyoming gives him that necktie party OK Poke is talking about ):

Born 3/7/49, Lincoln, NE
                            Played at U of South Dakota; Graduated USD 1971 (06 Hall of Fame Inductee).
                            1974: Backfield coach, USD
                            1975: Backfield coach, Northern Arizona University
                            1976-1979: Head Coach, Doane College, Crete, NE. 21-18-1 record;
                            1980 - 1985: U of Montana, quarterbacks & receivers & off coord
                            1986: Out of coaching.
                            1987: U of Northern Colorado, quarterbacks and kicking coach
                            1989 - 1997 : Head coach, U of Northern Colorado including 2 NCAA D-II titles (96 & 97). UNC record: 98-35.
                            1998-2001: U of Montana head coach, 39-6 record, includes 01 National I-AA title
                            2002 - present: U of Wyoming 'boys. Records at Wyoming: 03: 4-8; 04: 7-5; 05: 4-7; 06: 6-6; 07: 5-7

Kick his butt, Bison.

Comment

Kick his butt, Bison.
                              .....right back to USD where they would welcome him with open arms. As I recall he spoke at one of the initial DI announcement banquets at Udot.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X