Attendence Reminders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendence Reminders

I see smack being thrown around at USD for their attendence. Granted they deserve criticism for their creative counting methods. Let's not forget, while we have had incredible increases in football attendence of late we have also had some embarrasing turnouts ourselves:

October 29,05 GA Southern 4128 (This was hard to figure out based on the quality opponent).
    November 5,05 Southern Utah 4022
    November 19,05 Northern Colorado 1881
    November 4,06 William Penn 4211
    October 29,07 Cal Poly 6545 (One of the best games ever)
    November 10,07 Southern Utah 3317

Hopefully we can get to the point that regardless of the opponent and the time of the year we can draw over 12,000 per game. I'm not ready to start smack with anyone over attendence.

Re: Attendence Reminders

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    I see smack being thrown around at USD for their attendence. Granted they deserve criticism for their creative counting methods. Let's not forget, while we have had incredible increases in football attendence of late we have also had some embarrasing turnouts ourselves.
    The point, JGII, that I have always made, is not the size of the attendance but the accuracy of the reported attendance. In each of those games you mentioned, our true attendance is shown exactly as it was! That's how you can report them. The smack you mentioned had to do with inflated attendance figures used by some school(s). SDSU tells it like it is...whether is is flattering or not. That's all I ever ask for from any school.

And our aveage attendance of more than 11,000 for all home games speaks for itself. It may not be as impressive as NDSU and Montana, but it is certainly a strong movement upwards for our football program.

Comment

Working...
    X