2008 Football Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Football Intro

Has anyone seen or heard about this years intro. Usually is very good. Nice if a link could be posted to it when it is available.....

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Re: 2008 Football Intro

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
    Has anyone seen or heard about this years intro. Usually is very good. Nice if a link could be posted to it when it is available.....

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
    There was a promo on gojacks recently that was the first part of it. It used that "Welcome to the Show" song.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Actually, the song is titled "Ladies and Gentleman" and fans may be familiar with it from its use by Electronic Arts video games in some of its commercials (in addition to the promo on GoJacks). Great choice -in my opinion!
      Last edited by trueblue; 09-06-2008, 07:41 AM. Reason: adding an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
        Actually, the song is titled "Ladies and Gentleman" and fans may be familiar with it from its use by Electronic Arts video games in some of its commercials (in addition to the promo on GoJacks). Great choice -in my opinion!
        I like the song, too, but I'm going to miss Ozzie.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I wish we would use the same song year after year like a lot of colleges ie. NDSU - Thunderstruck.

I think Metallica's Enter Sandman would be awesome year after year, it has a nice soft yet aggresive guitar solo at the beginning to let the students and fans know that the team is entering the stadium. Va Tech uses it, and it is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rQvu...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever View Post
            I wish we would use the same song year after year like a lot of colleges ie. NDSU - Thunderstruck.

I think Metallica's Enter Sandman would be awesome year after year, it has a nice soft yet aggresive guitar solo at the beginning to let the students and fans know that the team is entering the stadium. Va Tech uses it, and it is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rQvu...eature=related
            Didn't we have a Metallica song a couple of years ago? Anybody remember what song that was?
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

That was Rob Zombie and the Great American Nightmare I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                That was Rob Zombie and the Great American Nightmare I believe.
                Yeah, that was year one of the new scoreboard. I was actually in that one a few times!
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Did Iowa state also use the same intro we are?
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

the intro was really cool, really enjoyed it, probably one of the better ones i saw...but that might be because i was in the first picture

Comment

Yes it seems to me that ISU had the same intro.

I too am going to miss Ozzy. I cranked it up at home yesterday before I left for the game and got goosebumps and then didn't get to hear it. On the same note the new intro has a little spine tingle to it.

Comment

Is there anywhere where the intro video is posted?
                        Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                        -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                          Is there anywhere where the intro video is posted?
                          It's on the beginning of Stig's show every week at gojacks.com
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            It's on the beginning of Stig's show every week at gojacks.com
                            do you think we could get it linked to the football page, though?

We were able to do that a few years ago. That was cool, I downloaded it to my laptop and showed it to all the kids in my study hall.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              do you think we could get it linked to the football page, though?

We were able to do that a few years ago. That was cool, I downloaded it to my laptop and showed it to all the kids in my study hall.
                              Here is this years intro:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT5jgyA9o1A

Comment

Working...
                              X