North endzone plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North endzone plans?

Has anybody heard of any plans to temporarily put bleachers or anything in place of the trees while building the new facility? When I went up there for a scrimmage during fall camp I really thought that end of the stadium looked crappy without anything there.

Re: North endzone plans?

I agree, I really wish they wouldn't have tore the trees out, it could have looked pretty sweet with the team coming through them before the game. But I suppose I'll take a nice new facility there.

Another critical question, where is tailgating going to be now? Will it be in the same location?

Comment

I believe tailgating will still be at its present location... there is enough space back there that it could get pushed a little farther away from the stadium once the complex is put in.

Comment

I don't know the plans (I'll ask somebody tonight while we're shooting the Stig Show) but I'm guessing the small bleachers will be there as usual. That will change, I suppose for the Beef Bowl when the groundbreaking is scheduled. I'll get back to you tonight when we're done shooting Stig's show.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Maybe they should put up a billboard of the Dykehouse Center or something in the north area, where the trees have been cut down, to remind people what's coming. After the center gets built, no one will remember those trees. The Dykehouse Center will be a classy facility and great addition to the stadium.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Ok, I'm sorry but I can't take it anymore. All cedar trees are fricken ugly, as were them. I can't wait for the new building to be there. I actually like it better now that its opened up, it gives a completely new view point of the stadium and field. Drive up some evening and take a look from the north, its pretty cool actually.

Comment

Call me old school ... or "no one" ... but I'm gonna miss the pine trees. For me, they've always been there, and that goes back to my first visit to SDSU when I was a sophomore in HS (more years ago than I care to remember!). I always thought they added a bit of character to CAS.

There was a time when I was in school that a couple sections of temporary wooden bleachers were set up in the north end zone. With increased attendance, maybe it would be a good time to bring 'em back?
              "You trusted us"

Comment

It might look good from the north, but from the south it has a high school or small college feel.

Comment

If they did bring something like that back it would just be temporary because there will be no place for bleachers on that end once the Dykehouse center is built.

Comment

True. And I was thinking temporary to help fill the hole. But after giving it more thought, there may not be room even on a short term basis if there's a safety zone around the construction.
                    "You trusted us"

Comment

Yeah you're probably right. It would be nice if they could put something in there temporarily, but I'm not sure there is enough space to put anything significant.

Comment

Working...
                      X