X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some fans delirious

I'm calling out Milwaukee Jacks alum with this post he made:

Since I can't stop thinking about the game (and can't stop being pi$$ed that I can't actually be there in person) I thought I'd throw out how I hope the first couple of series play out. I know Stig and the boys ****** their offensive plays, so here is my ****** (I hope).

1) We win the toss - defer to the second half
    2) A good effort by both kicker and coverage and ISU starts with the ball at their own 28.
    3) They employ the "we're in the big 12 and you're not" offensive strategy and try to run over us with a basic run up the middle. Our D-line easily overpowers them with Schroeder making the tackle for a loss of about a yard.
    4) They keep the same game plan to show the first play was a fluke. Another stop for little or no gain on a run off tackle.
    5) 3 & out after a pass play where the ISU QB throws his intended pass 5 yards in front of his receiver. To say he looks a little jittery is to put it nicely.
    6) After a decent punt return, we have the ball on our own 35.
    7) Berry and O comes out crisp and executes a short passing attack to perfection, reeling off 3 completions in a row for a combined 20 yards of offense before a run to Minett on 2nd and short to pick up the Jacks 2nd first down in 4 plays.
    8) Berry hits another short route followed by another run setting up 3rd and short.
    9) Berry playactions to Harris down the sideline for a 40+ yard touchdown bomb as the Jacks catch the safety biting on the run.
    10) ISU fans finally get answer to "how loud can 2000 SDSU fans really be?" ISU's QB is doing his best deer in the headlights impression on the sideline. Total time off the clock - 5:45.

Jacks lead 7-0 and we have a game.

Usually for an upset to happen the upsettee needs to come out too confident and the upsetter (yes, I made those words up) needs to come out with a concise and crisp game plan on O. We have the D-line to overpower their O-line - I'm certain of that. We have the QB and WR's to execute a well thought out short passing attack with the intention of getting ISU on their heals on D. We pop a couple short runs on top of the short passing routes to give the impression we're going to dink & dunk our way down the field. Then we hit them with a bomb to a WR who is faster than anyone on their Defense. I just feel like something along these lines is going to happen.

I didn't see any kind of dominating from SDSU and guess what? Your 2,000 fans (probably didn't have that much) we couldn't even HEAR.

Welcome to DI. Your QB got worked. Some of you are like "we ran the ball well and our D played well"

About running the ball: Until the 4th quarter, you were averaging 2.7 yards a carry. You executed well on our 3rd and 4th team defense while you still had starters out there. You scored 2 TDs in garbage time.

About the defense: I'd like to know how you think your defense played well. ISU was able to move the ball without a problem and if we didnt play conservativley towards the end, we would've hung at least 60 on you. Chizik is just too classy to run up the score like that.

Having seen a lot of the teams in the Gateway conference, you are in for a long year. You just don't have the talent that teams like UNI have and it will take a while for you.

I hope those of you had a good time in Ames, but you need to understand that a mediocre D1 team on talent alone is much much better than a good D2 team (I know you are D1, but you have d2 talent).

Good luck, but don't be surprised if you have a LONG season!

Re: Some fans delirious

Originally posted by mplscyclone View Post
    I'm calling out Milwaukee Jacks alum with this post he made:

Since I can't stop thinking about the game (and can't stop being pi$$ed that I can't actually be there in person) I thought I'd throw out how I hope the first couple of series play out. I know Stig and the boys ****** their offensive plays, so here is my ****** (I hope).

1) We win the toss - defer to the second half
    2) A good effort by both kicker and coverage and ISU starts with the ball at their own 28.
    3) They employ the "we're in the big 12 and you're not" offensive strategy and try to run over us with a basic run up the middle. Our D-line easily overpowers them with Schroeder making the tackle for a loss of about a yard.
    4) They keep the same game plan to show the first play was a fluke. Another stop for little or no gain on a run off tackle.
    5) 3 & out after a pass play where the ISU QB throws his intended pass 5 yards in front of his receiver. To say he looks a little jittery is to put it nicely.
    6) After a decent punt return, we have the ball on our own 35.
    7) Berry and O comes out crisp and executes a short passing attack to perfection, reeling off 3 completions in a row for a combined 20 yards of offense before a run to Minett on 2nd and short to pick up the Jacks 2nd first down in 4 plays.
    8) Berry hits another short route followed by another run setting up 3rd and short.
    9) Berry playactions to Harris down the sideline for a 40+ yard touchdown bomb as the Jacks catch the safety biting on the run.
    10) ISU fans finally get answer to "how loud can 2000 SDSU fans really be?" ISU's QB is doing his best deer in the headlights impression on the sideline. Total time off the clock - 5:45.

Jacks lead 7-0 and we have a game.

Usually for an upset to happen the upsettee needs to come out too confident and the upsetter (yes, I made those words up) needs to come out with a concise and crisp game plan on O. We have the D-line to overpower their O-line - I'm certain of that. We have the QB and WR's to execute a well thought out short passing attack with the intention of getting ISU on their heals on D. We pop a couple short runs on top of the short passing routes to give the impression we're going to dink & dunk our way down the field. Then we hit them with a bomb to a WR who is faster than anyone on their Defense. I just feel like something along these lines is going to happen.

I didn't see any kind of dominating from SDSU and guess what? Your 2,000 fans (probably didn't have that much) we couldn't even HEAR.

Welcome to DI. Your QB got worked. Some of you are like "we ran the ball well and our D played well"

About running the ball: Until the 4th quarter, you were averaging 2.7 yards a carry. You executed well on our 3rd and 4th team defense while you still had starters out there. You scored 2 TDs in garbage time.

About the defense: I'd like to know how you think your defense played well. ISU was able to move the ball without a problem and if we didnt play conservativley towards the end, we would've hung at least 60 on you. Chizik is just too classy to run up the score like that.

Having seen a lot of the teams in the Gateway conference, you are in for a long year. You just don't have the talent that teams like UNI have and it will take a while for you.

I hope those of you had a good time in Ames, but you need to understand that a mediocre D1 team on talent alone is much much better than a good D2 team (I know you are D1, but you have d2 talent).

Always has to be one of these guys in every bunch.

Come over here and bang your chest after you finish last in the Big IX north again this year.

Like I said in another post...thanks to all the ISU fans for showing SDSU fans a good time...but to mplsclown...you've got your own long-season to worry about as far as a lot of us are concerned, SDSU will be just fine.

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I'd like to apologize for this idiot.

I was very impressed with SDSU's fanbase showing up for the game. I've seen Big 12 teams that don't show up that well.

I think SDSU matched up pretty well with our interior D-Line, and did a fairly good job moving the ball at times. If the jacks didn't turn the ball over so much, it would have been a far more competitive game (though arguably, had we not turned the ball over it might have ended up just the same).

Obviously the game wasn't overly competitive, but it's not like ISU has a whole lot to be proud of the last couple of years, and we were beat last year by one of those "D2" schools that this flaming idiot likes to insult.

Good luck for the rest of the season. I'll be pulling for you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post

Come over here and bang your chest after you finish last in the Big IX north again this year.

Like I said in another post...thanks to all the ISU fans for showing SDSU fans a good time...but to mplsclown...you've got your own long-season to worry about as far as a lot of us are concerned, SDSU will be just fine.

Go Jacks!!
        Give the guy some slack...The last time ISU finished in the top 20, Earle Bruce was the Coach....I'd say he's more likely intoxicated vs. delirious.
        Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
        Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by jumbopackage View Post
          I'd like to apologize for this idiot.

I was very impressed with SDSU's fanbase showing up for the game. I've seen Big 12 teams that don't show up that well.

I think SDSU matched up pretty well with our interior D-Line, and did a fairly good job moving the ball at times. If the jacks didn't turn the ball over so much, it would have been a far more competitive game (though arguably, had we not turned the ball over it might have ended up just the same).

Obviously the game wasn't overly competitive, but it's not like ISU has a whole lot to be proud of the last couple of years, and we were beat last year by one of those "D2" schools that this flaming idiot likes to insult.

Good luck for the rest of the season. I'll be pulling for you guys!

Thanks Jumbo...We all had a great time in Ames and hope that we get to do it again in the future...Hopefully the total turnover's for both teams will be ZERO next time!!

Good Luck the rest of the year. The Big XII north is tough as nails this year as is the Big XII as a whole. But you guys have great looking athletes and as long as you can get your new QB's to come through against the KU's, NU's, and Mizzou's of the world, you all will get your share of W's and a Bowl Game.

Our "Bowl Game" would be making the FCS playoffs, especially considering this is our first year being elligible for them.

Go Jacks!!

Comment

When I saw the title of this thread, I though it was about how one Iowa State fan was delirious about an actual convincing win against a lower division team...wow.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Go Jacks!!

First of all Big IX = 9, don't know if that's supposed to be a joke or something.

Second, last year was a new system, it's going to be rough. The coach didn't have a full year of recruiting and had tons of JUCO transfers.

Lastly, we did play competitivley against Oklahoma last year and beat Colorado and K-State.

I realize that ISU gets blown out by Texas each time we play them. At the same time, I don't talk about how we're going to go in there, phase their QB and watch Colt McCoy do his "deer in the headlights impression".

When we play Texas, I say "I hope we can make it close". Some of the crap you guys were posting was talking about how your fanbase is going to overtake our stadium, you're going to dominate us from start to finish.

I find that disrespectful to the BCS in general. I'm sure if was an exciting game for you guys, I hope you had a good time, and I'm sure it was exciting to be on TV. You just need to learn to curb the excitement with some realistic expectations.

Comment

First of all Big IX = 9, don't know if that's supposed to be a joke or something.

Second, last year was a new system, it's going to be rough. The coach didn't have a full year of recruiting and had tons of JUCO transfers.

Lastly, we did play competitivley against Oklahoma last year and beat Colorado and K-State.

I realize that ISU gets blown out by Texas each time we play them. At the same time, I don't talk about how we're going to go in there, phase their QB and watch Colt McCoy do his "deer in the headlights impression".

When we play Texas, I say "I hope we can make it close". Some of the crap you guys were posting was talking about how your fanbase is going to overtake our stadium, you're going to dominate us from start to finish.

I find that disrespectful to the BCS in general. I'm sure if was an exciting game for you guys, I hope you had a good time, and I'm sure it was exciting to be on TV. You just need to learn to curb the excitement with some realistic expectations.
                Are you related to Coyote Fan?
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Give me a break here:
                  Are you still drunk from yesterday's tailgate??

When did one SDSU fan say we were going to come down and take over your stadium??
                  Honestly, you are drunk aren't you??

"Disrespectful to BCS in general"?? WTF are you taking about?? Again, you're drunk right??

And, this gem..."You just need to learn to curb the excitement with some realistic expectations".
                  You're not a Texas or OU fan, your a fan of Iowa State for crying out loud. At most your uniforms now resemble a national power (USC) and that's about it.

Do you really expect SDSU fans on an SDSU fanboard to really be bowing down the great and almighty Iowa State Cyclone Program that has been such a juggernaut the past few years in a state that the FCS team in that said state is probably the best team...Yes...with 27 less scollies??

Again, just tell me your drunk and I'll understand, and just laugh.

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    Are you related to Coyote Fan?
                    I was going to relate to MPLSBISON

Comment

Thanks Jumbo...We all had a great time in Ames and hope that we get to do it again in the future...Hopefully the total turnover's for both teams will be ZERO next time!!

Good Luck the rest of the year. The Big XII north is tough as nails this year as is the Big XII as a whole. But you guys have great looking athletes and as long as you can get your new QB's to come through against the KU's, NU's, and Mizzou's of the world, you all will get your share of W's and a Bowl Game.

Our "Bowl Game" would be making the FCS playoffs, especially considering this is our first year being elligible for them.

Go Jacks!!
                      Glad you guys had a great time in Ames! I had nothing but great interactions with SDSU fans. You guys are welcome back anytime in my book.

Well I don't mind a turnover or two! We just have a really bad history in the last few years of bad turnovers in the red zone (and red zone issues in general). Trust me, I was having some bad flashbacks in the first half of last night's game. Honestly, if this had been last year's team, I don't know that SDSU might have had a shot at us. I think most ISU fans were very very encouraged by last night's game. We haven't played a game that well overall in a long time.

The Big XII is brutal most years, but we miss Texas and Oklahoma this year, and replace them with Baylor and A&M, so I feel a bit better about our chances this year than in the last few, if for no other reason than the schedule is easier. The bad news is that the North is good again, so we will probably just be treading water in conference. Another year under the belt of a new system and coach doesn't hurt though. A bowl game isn't out of the question, but it's far from a sure thing. Most fans would be pretty happy with it though.

As for you guys, that Minnette kid is fast and pretty good! He reminds me a little bit of a Darren Sproles who gave us all SORTS of problems when he was at K-State. Pretty good team speed, from what I could tell. Berry just seemed a bit lost out there. I don't know if he just didn't have enough time, or just made a bunch of bad decisions out there, but it was pretty rough to watch. He took a pounding, but you'd see him back there chasing down defenders after picks every time.

It will be interesting to see how both teams do the next few weeks as we both go back to playing teams that should be closer to peers. Keep your heads up. We got beat down by Texas like a red headed stepchild last year (56-3), and came back the next week and damn near beat Oklahoma. Got beat down the next week by Missouri, then won the next two against Colorado and K-State. We no more belonged in the Big XII after Texas than you guys appeared to have belonged after last night, but that doesn't mean it's the case.

As for mplscyclone,it's pretty sad if you have to talk smack on a 1AA message board to make yourself feel better about being a low to mid tier BCS team. Show some freaking class and start worrying about Kent State next week. If I recall, we lost to them last year as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jumbopackage View Post
                        Glad you guys had a great time in Ames! I had nothing but great interactions with SDSU fans. You guys are welcome back anytime in my book.

Well I don't mind a turnover or two! We just have a really bad history in the last few years of bad turnovers in the red zone (and red zone issues in general). Trust me, I was having some bad flashbacks in the first half of last night's game. Honestly, if this had been last year's team, I don't know that SDSU might have had a shot at us. I think most ISU fans were very very encouraged by last night's game. We haven't played a game that well overall in a long time.

The Big XII is brutal most years, but we miss Texas and Oklahoma this year, and replace them with Baylor and A&M, so I feel a bit better about our chances this year than in the last few, if for no other reason than the schedule is easier. The bad news is that the North is good again, so we will probably just be treading water in conference. Another year under the belt of a new system and coach doesn't hurt though. A bowl game isn't out of the question, but it's far from a sure thing. Most fans would be pretty happy with it though.

As for you guys, that Minnette kid is fast and pretty good! He reminds me a little bit of a Darren Sproles who gave us all SORTS of problems when he was at K-State. Pretty good team speed, from what I could tell. Berry just seemed a bit lost out there. I don't know if he just didn't have enough time, or just made a bunch of bad decisions out there, but it was pretty rough to watch. He took a pounding, but you'd see him back there chasing down defenders after picks every time.

It will be interesting to see how both teams do the next few weeks as we both go back to playing teams that should be closer to peers. Keep your heads up. We got beat down by Texas like a red headed stepchild last year (56-3), and came back the next week and damn near beat Oklahoma. Got beat down the next week by Missouri, then won the next two against Colorado and K-State. We no more belonged in the Big XII after Texas than you guys appeared to have belonged after last night, but that doesn't mean it's the case.

As for mplscyclone,it's pretty sad if you have to talk smack on a 1AA message board to make yourself feel better about being a low to mid tier BCS team. Show some freaking class and start worrying about Kent State next week. If I recall, we lost to them last year as well.

I am not talking smack or talking down to anyone. I'm calling out the fans that disrespected us. It takes a LONG time to build up a D1 program and some of them thought just because they were called D1 they would play like D1.

Eventually they will play like D1 but it takes several years to get the coaches and players in place to make it happen.

I don't talk trash prior to a game either way unless I know a team really well. The SDSU fans didn't know ISU well at all and made tons of generalizations about our program and fanbase.

I take it personally. If people weren't posting about our QB having "deer in the headlights" and just said stuff like "I hope we play well. I hope it's a good game", I wouldn't have spent the time registering and posting.

Comment

I am not talking smack or talking down to anyone. I'm calling out the fans that disrespected us. It takes a LONG time to build up a D1 program and some of them thought just because they were called D1 they would play like D1.

Eventually they will play like D1 but it takes several years to get the coaches and players in place to make it happen.

I don't talk trash prior to a game either way unless I know a team really well. The SDSU fans didn't know ISU well at all and made tons of generalizations about our program and fanbase.

I take it personally. If people weren't posting about our QB having "deer in the headlights" and just said stuff like "I hope we play well. I hope it's a good game", I wouldn't have spent the time registering and posting.

That sure sounds like smack to me. It's arguable that we've been playing like a D1 team the last few years. And SDSU put up as much of a fight against UNI last year as we did.

There's nothing wrong with people being positive about their team. Parts of our fanbase could learn a lesson or two from them.

Comment

First off, I just jumped on the site for the first time today because I was too mad about last night to talk rationally. Second off, you're an idiot. If you read my post, I stated that was how I hoped things would go. "Hoped" being the operative word. Next time you jump on an opposing team's website and start rubbing it in their faces that you won, then you better at least do the opposing team the common courtesy of practicing a little reading comprehension. Since that concept is obviously foreign to you, reading comprehension is a practice where you first "read" something, then "comprehend" what was read. You failed on both points. To the rest of you ISU fans, congrats on the win. I thought the defensive scheme you played against us was spot on. Bringing the blitz and daring our QB to beat you with a guy in his face was what won the game for you.
                            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                              First off, I just jumped on the site for the first time today because I was too mad about last night to talk rationally. Second off, you're an idiot. If you read my post, I stated that was how I hoped things would go. "Hoped" being the operative word. Next time you jump on an opposing team's website and start rubbing it in their faces that you won, then you better at least do the opposing team the common courtesy of practicing a little reading comprehension. Since that concept is obviously foreign to you, reading comprehension is a practice where you first "read" something, then "comprehend" what was read. You failed on both points. To the rest of you ISU fans, congrats on the win. I thought the defensive scheme you played against us was spot on. Bringing the blitz and daring our QB to beat you with a guy in his face was what won the game for you.
                              Attaboy MJA

Comment

Working...
                              X