Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twins pennant race

fucensiskehabsnfb
    Their bullpen is sucking horribly the second half of the year. I dunno if I can stand watching them blow leads and losing in extra innings any more. At least this is a fun race to watch.

Re: Twins pennant race

I went to bed last night after Eddie G. got them 1-2-3 in the 8th, figuring the W was signed, sealed, delivered with Nathan in the 9th. Saw the final on ESPN this morning and almost called in sick.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
      I went to bed last night after Eddie G. got them 1-2-3 in the 8th, figuring the W was signed, sealed, delivered with Nathan in the 9th. Saw the final on ESPN this morning and almost called in sick.
      Ditto, except I heard it on WNAX and nearly broke my toothbrush. Gotta have the W when our starter pitches as well as Liriano did.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Go Yankees!
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
          Go Yankees!
          Tough road to hoe for my beloved Yankees. If they can take three from Boston this week it will get a whole lot more interesting. Gotta take two to stay alive.
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
            Tough road to hoe for my beloved Yankees. If they can take three from Boston this week it will get a whole lot more interesting. Gotta take two to stay alive.
            pet peeve alert: the phrase is "row to hoe." It's an agricultural reference . . .

Sorry. Gotta cut down on caffeine . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              pet peeve alert: the phrase is "row to hoe." It's an agricultural reference . . .

Sorry. Gotta cut down on caffeine . . .
              Sorry, I grew up in New York City. It tends to be more of a reference to a certain "service" industry there .
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Choke Choke Choking away. Choking away leads is definately a common thing with Minnesota Professional teams. Twins are doing a good job tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                  Choke Choke Choking away. Choking away leads is definately a common thing with Minnesota Professional teams. Twins are doing a good job tonight.
                  Its all over, the choking dogs did it again.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

=

Comment

Big win last night, just drilled the White Sox 9-3. 1 1/2 games back coming into tonight.

Early lead tonight 3-1 in the bottom of the 3rd.

The dome is "electric". This is getting interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Its all over, the choking dogs did it again.
                        I thought the same thing heading into the 9th in the first game against the Rays (I even promised the girlfriend I was done watching the Twins for the year luckily she still lets me), now it's getting interesting. If the Twins win tonight, then it gets really really interesting with Slowey going tomorrow for the Twins against Floyd. Luckily for the Twins, Cliff Lee is throwing against the White Sox on Sunday which could decide the AL Central Champ.

So many people counted the Twins out. I was watching the pre-game of the Twins/Rays game that was on FOX on Saturday and the guy said the Twins were done, he might get a nasty e-mail from me if the Twins make it.
                        Last edited by mango4; 09-24-2008, 07:08 PM. Reason: adding more

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                          I thought the same thing heading into the 9th in the first game against the Rays (I even promised the girlfriend I was done watching the Twins for the year luckily she still lets me), now it's getting interesting. If the Twins win tonight, then it gets really really interesting with Slowey going tomorrow for the Twins against Floyd. Luckily for the Twins, Cliff Lee is throwing against the White Sox on Sunday which could decide the AL Central Champ.

So many people counted the Twins out. I was watching the pre-game of the Twins/Rays game that was on FOX on Saturday and the guy said the Twins were done, he might get a nasty e-mail from me if the Twins make it.
                          I was, of course, referring only to the choke job from the pitching staff that night. I haven't ordered any post-season tickets yet. Lets see what happens tonight and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            I was, of course, referring only to the choke job from the pitching staff that night. I haven't ordered any post-season tickets yet. Lets see what happens tonight and go from there.
                            Just remember if the Twins do make the playoffs, their games will be Hobo Day weekend

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                              Just remember if the Twins do make the playoffs, their games will be Hobo Day weekend
                              Don't worry, I'm not missing Hobo Day. I haven't been able to attend a Hobo Day game since 1999. I'm not missing this years.

Nathan is on in the 9th, 1 down, Twins lead 3-2.

Comment

Working...
                              X