Eric Schroeder: Pre-Season All-American

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Schroeder: Pre-Season All-American

Eric Schroeder was named to the 3rd Team All-America team by the Sports Network.

Other Missouri Valley players who made the team:

1ST TEAM
    RB Corey Lewis -UNI
    K Taylor Rowan -W. Ill
    DT Michael Savage -Youngstown St
    LB Jason Williams -W. Ill

2ND TEAM
    RB Tyler Roeh -NDSU
    DT Mark Huygens -UNI

3RD TEAM
    RB Herb Donaldson -W. Ill
    WR Johnny Gray -UNI
    DE James Cloud -S. Ill
    DT Eric Schroeder -SDSU
    LB Chauncey Mixon -S. Ill

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1566775

Re: Eric Schroeder: Pre-Season All-American

http://www.postbulletin.com/newsmana...?z=22&a=359748

Great Story about Eric. I'm sure his old man has seen the story by now.

Schroeder, a standout student majoring in environmental management, is not one to lose his focus on the here and now.

"Right now I don't want to cloud my mind with a ton of things," said Schroeder, whose team -- ranked 21st in the nation -- is part of the newly-formed and star-studded Missouri Valley Conference. It includes No. 2 ranked NDSU and No. 9 Northern Iowa, as well as three others who were ranked in the pre-season top 25.

About the only diversion that Schroeder allows himself during the fall are short trips to go hunting. An avid outdoorsman, it was one of the reasons he picked SDSU in the first place, with the Brookings area considered a hunting haven. NDSU was also a consideration, but he didn't like the fact that the Bison play in a dome.

This is an outdoors guy, whether it's playing football in the open air or joined by his four football-playing SDSU roommates at any of a number of their favorite hunting spots.

"The hunting is amazing out here," Schroeder said. "We shoot geese, ducks and deer. South Dakota is wildlife heaven."

Comment

Working...
    X