Summit League MBB Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League MBB Preview

Hard to think about basketball right now but here is a link to a Summit League MBB preview.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/notebo...taround/summit

Re: Summit League MBB Preview

Originally posted by JackBBFan View Post
    Hard to think about basketball right now but here is a link to a Summit League MBB preview.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/notebo...taround/summit
    Not that SDSU deserves any, but there was no love for State in that article. Interesting that Andy Katz said a set destination for the conference tournament may help the conference. How so? I still think this is Nagy's do or die season. Something has to be done and I don't think he has the tools yet to accomplish that. I like him as a coach so I hope they do well for him and for SDSU.

It's interesting to see where SDSU is compared to NDSU now. It's hard to root for NDSU with the so called "rivalry" we have, but it would be cool to see them make it to the dance if SDSU didn't. But lets just hope SDSU can make the conference tournament in March!

Comment

I hate to say it, but I think if the team doesn't make the tournament, there will be some major changes in the program. If they do make the tournament, I'm not sure that it guarantees that changes won't be made.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Just remember if Nagy goes, Kai Weezy goes with him and then we're back at square one.

Comment

That is why I hated to say it.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
            Just remember if Nagy goes, Kai Weezy goes with him and then we're back at square one.
            I tend to believe we are not much further than square one right now. Positive results can change that, but this season is going to be a big key. The fact that additional efforts were made to bring the Summit to SF also becomes part of the equation. Coaching changes usually do imply roster changes. Hopefully this is not what we have to deal with in the spring of 2009. I love Coach Nagy and Kai Williams both, but overall progress in the program is what everyone is looking for. I think its interesting that Centenary dumped their guy after three years. That was probably a mistake too that maybe Centenary will later regret. Its crunch time any way you look at the program.

Comment

I think that is a fairly good preview. There are a couple things I don't agree with but not too many. It's tough for just any reporter to write about every conference. You can look at numbers all you want but you still don't get the real feel of the conference.
              I know some people think that coach Nagy's already been here too long. I can almost see him getting 2 more years. Kai's class will be his 1st "real" class at the DI level. The conference tourney is in SF and I don't know about a new coach coming in and getting us there. Players transfer out more than in when you have a new coach. They'd have to sit out that year anyway.
              As long as players don't transfer out, he'll be better off then he was before. The team may not have won the Summit but they would have been competitive with the players that left. They probably would have won a few more games if Mo and Cassaday stayed healthy. You can't control injuries but you can transfers.
              I think hiring Austin was a good move, too. Minn St. isn't DI but he recruited well there. He can relate to players and get them to come here. You add a couple pieces and this team and they should be right in the middle of the Summit League. I hope we added those players this year but we'll see.
              I'm not big into "moral" victories but the team played better last year. They just didn't get the wins. I'm hoping that this year they improve about the same amount and the W's will be there. There were close games last year that were blowouts 2 years ago.
              My patience is a little longer than most of you guys but not by more than 1 year,

Comment

Working...
              X