Iowa State Game Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa State Game Plans

Alright, I can't take it anymore! I want the 28th here now, I can't wait any longer! The only thing to help me cope is to talk about gameday! So, who all is coming down to Ames for the game? What time are you getting here? What time are you going to start tailgating? Where are your seats? Are you tailgating after the game or heading to the bars? Where are you planning on tailgating at? and how many people are you bringing???

Re: Iowa State Game Plans

Four of us, (all students) plan on leaving at 7am and hopefully arriving there by 1. The tailgating will begin immediately, we will be bringing a grill and some drinking games. Our seats are in section G, not sure of the location beyond that..

How big is the tailgating after the game? One of my crew is still not legal for the bars, so we might be looking for another option. The location of our tailgating is yet to be determined, but I'm sure wherever we end up we'll be wondering around, meeting people and having a good time.

See ya there!

Comment

Originally posted by cydave View Post
      Alright, I can't take it anymore! I want the 28th here now, I can't wait any longer! The only thing to help me cope is to talk about gameday! So, who all is coming down to Ames for the game? What time are you getting here? What time are you going to start tailgating? Where are your seats? Are you tailgating after the game or heading to the bars? Where are you planning on tailgating at? and how many people are you bringing???
      Leaving bright and early Thursday morning from Brookings. Tailgate as soon as the car doors open. 4 Seats in the endzone. No idea where we're tailgating but we'll be wearing some Blue and Yellow football jerseys. 4 people. Heading down to Des Moines after the game to prep for the SDSU-Drake Soccer game the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by jackbusiness09 View Post
        Four of us, (all students) plan on leaving at 7am and hopefully arriving there by 1. The tailgating will begin immediately, we will be bringing a grill and some drinking games. Our seats are in section G, not sure of the location beyond that..

How big is the tailgating after the game? One of my crew is still not legal for the bars, so we might be looking for another option. The location of our tailgating is yet to be determined, but I'm sure wherever we end up we'll be wondering around, meeting people and having a good time.

See ya there!
        Tailgating is pretty big after the game. It usually goes on for hours. But this is a thursday night so probably only the students will hang around. It is $15 to park by the way. If you get there by 1 then that should be plenty early for a thursday night game

Comment

Originally posted by chriscyzer View Post
          Tailgating is pretty big after the game. It usually goes on for hours. But this is a thursday night so probably only the students will hang around. It is $15 to park by the way. If you get there by 1 then that should be plenty early for a thursday night game
          True True. Usually you can stay in the lots to tailgate for as long as you want. I remember driving by the student lots sunday morning after a saturday night game and there were still cars out there and people sitting around. But, like chriscyzer said, Thursday night games are out of the norm so it's hard to predict who will be around. But, for sure the students will carry the tailgate on after the game.

Comment

I'm heading down from Minneapolis Thursday morning with a group of four. Our tickets our in Section 18.
            “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

5 of us so far, I have 6 tickets so looking for one more able body. Leaving Yankton as soon as I finish at the hospital Thursday morning. I plan to start rounding at 5:00 am so I should be done by 9:00. We plan to head straight for the student lots G2 or G3. I'll have a Jackrabbit flag flying high and all Jackrabbit fans are welcome to stop by. Hope to have some of the Yankton crew at our location. I know a bunch of the "older" YJC members are planning to attend the alumni event. The link regarding that event is here. If you look at the bottom you will see a map with the alumni site in red. Across the street is the location of the student lots where we plan to be.

http://www.statealum.com/s/357/index...=61&calcid=688

Better picture of the parking map at Jack Trice.

https://admin.xosn.com//share/ViewPh...D_IMAGE_SIZE=0

Again I'm planning on hitting the lot about 1 pm and I'll be looking to land in G2 or G3. Is that a reasonable expectation? We are headed to Des Moines after the game.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                5 of us so far, I have 6 tickets so looking for one more able body. Leaving Yankton as soon as I finish at the hospital Thursday morning. I plan to start rounding at 5:00 am so I should be done by 9:00. We plan to head straight for the student lots G2 or G3. I'll have a Jackrabbit flag flying high and all Jackrabbit fans are welcome to stop by. Hope to have some of the Yankton crew at our location. I know a bunch of the "older" YJC members are planning to attend the alumni event. The link regarding that event is here. If you look at the bottom you will see a map with the alumni site in red. Across the street is the location of the student lots where we plan to be.

http://www.statealum.com/s/357/index...=61&calcid=688

Better picture of the parking map at Jack Trice.

https://admin.xosn.com//share/ViewPh...D_IMAGE_SIZE=0

Again I'm planning on hitting the lot about 1 pm and I'll be looking to land in G2 or G3. Is that a reasonable expectation? We are headed to Des Moines after the game.
                You shouldn't have a problem getting into those lots at that time. If you plan on leaving for Des Moines after the game you need to park close to the exit. Otherwise it could be quite some time before you are able to leave. The students completely take over that lot and they aren't in a big hurry to leave when the game is over. It is hard to explain how many people they pack into that lot. It is also not for the easily offended.

Comment

You shouldn't have a problem getting into those lots at that time. If you plan on leaving for Des Moines after the game you need to park close to the exit. Otherwise it could be quite some time before you are able to leave. The students completely take over that lot and they aren't in a big hurry to leave when the game is over. It is hard to explain how many people they pack into that lot. It is also not for the easily offended.
                  Can you recommend another location for those who might be offended? I enjoy being near the oppossing fans and students but things did get a little "hot" at Northern Iowa a couple of years ago.

Would G4 or G5 be better? I don't really want to be way up north by the HC. It looks like the rest of the lots south of JT are for donors only.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Can you recommend another location for those who might be offended? I enjoy being near the oppossing fans and students but things did get a little "hot" at Northern Iowa a couple of years ago.

Would G4 or G5 be better? I don't really want to be way up north by the HC. It looks like the rest of the lots south of JT are for donors only.
                    Well if you look at your map you will see lot G6. To the right of that there is parking between G6 and the river. There is a little road right next to G6 on the map. Right between that road and the river. Tons of room and some really great tailgating. It is private land so it is not on ISU's site. No worry, there will be hundreds of people there and it is actually a very popular lot . It is also very close to the stadium.

You shouldn't get bothered too much in the other lots. But every fan base has those type of fans that we all hate. Alcohol always helps that along. Almost half of the students tailgating in that area will not even go to the game. They are just there for the party.

Come in off of Hwy 30 to University Ave. exit. Go north and Turn right at the 3rd stoplight to find it. Or ask for the haunted forest lot and people will know.

Comment

Well if you look at your map you will see lot G6. To the right of that there is parking between G6 and the river. There is a little road right next to G6 on the map. Right between that road and the river. Tons of room and some really great tailgating. It is private land so it is not on ISU's site. No worry, there will be hundreds of people there and it is actually a very popular lot . It is also very close to the stadium.

You shouldn't get bothered too much in the other lots. But every fan base has those type of fans that we all hate. Alcohol always helps that along. Almost half of the students tailgating in that area will not even go to the game. They are just there for the party.

Come in off of Hwy 30 to University Ave. exit. Go north and Turn right at the 3rd stoplight to find it.
                      Tell me more about that spot. Is there a landowner who collects fees at the entrance? I will make others aware of that option if I can get some details.

Comment

Tell me more about that spot. Is there a landowner who collects fees at the entrance? I will make others aware of that option if I can get some details.
                        It is City of Ames Property as far as I know.

Yes they charge $15 per car just like ISU does. If you cross the river right there on that road there is also another smaller lot immediately to your left. It is $15 as well.

Ask for the haunted forest lot and people will know. The map makes it look farther than it really is. It is very close. Just like walking across the street if you were at the student lots

If you want to mingle with some great fans the best place to find them is near the RV's and Buses directly outside the east entrance. Many opposing fans hanging out with cyclone fans. But you will find great fans almost everywhere!

Comment

Alright you lucky dogs going to Ames, does anyone know how to get the game online. I know by signing up at the ISU Athletics site you can watch by subscribing like goJacks.com. Unless FoxSportsDetroit carries it over the Wake Forest game it looks like I subscribe to the ISU site for $8.95 and unsubscibe after the game. Any other ideas?

Comment

I wouldn't think you would get very many offensive comments coming your way, as you would if you were a Hawkeye, Cornhusker, or some other rival school. But, there are those random drunk idiots you occasionally run across. Most of the comments you hear will be more funny than offensive.

Comment

I am so jealous!! I have to be on my way to St Peter MN to get my son enrolled in his first year of college. Can't go to the game, can't stay home and meet up with other Jacks at Nutty's North. I get to load a vehicle up and travel with the family. At least I should be able to hear the game all the way on WNAX.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X