Mitch Erickson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitch Erickson

Found this blurb on Mitch Erickson talking about him putting some time in at tackle because of injuries on the Bronco's offensive line. They play again tonight, hopefully he can get some good minutes in.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...aive-reid-NFL/

Re: Mitch Erickson

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    Found this blurb on Mitch Erickson talking about him putting some time in at tackle because of injuries on the Bronco's offensive line. They play again tonight, hopefully he can get some good minutes in.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...aive-reid-NFL/
    It sounds to me like he's caught the coaches eye. With an injury ahead of him and his willingness and ability to play two O line positions he may just stick. Good offensive linemen especially tackles are hard to find. I just wish the Bears would have drafted him with all the O line problems they have.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
      It sounds to me like he's caught the coaches eye. With an injury ahead of him and his willingness and ability to play two O line positions he may just stick. Good offensive linemen especially tackles are hard to find. I just wish the Bears would have drafted him with all the O line problems they have.
      As a Bears fan also, I was wondering if he could play quarterback!!! Doesn't look good at that position so far.

Comment

If you have DVR the game will be re-broadcast Tuesday at 5am on the NFL network.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

He played the entire 2nd half in both pre-season games at rt tackle. It looks like he may stick with the team.

He definately deserves a shot with his work ethic and knowledge.

Comment

Denver's official website posted that Mitch was waived. Dang.

Comment

Yeah, I see that on a couple different media blogs.

Comment

If Mitch isn't picked up by 9:30 tomorrow morning he will be a member of the Broncos practice squad for 1 year.
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Mitch has signed on with the Broncos practice squad. this is a heck of an acomplishment that he has earned and I hope for him a bright future.

Comment

I'm sure he's disappointed he didn't make the team, but getting paid $100,000 to play football can't be all bad...

Comment

Still hanging around in Denver...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11330435

"Starting on next season

Shanahan on Monday signed six players to future contracts. Each of them finished the 2008 season on the practice squad.

The signings include: defensive tackle Matthias Askew, guard Mitch Erickson, wide receiver Jayson Foster, defensive tackle Ryan McBean, cornerback Rashod Moulton and wide receiver Matt Willis.

Each of them were in their first or second NFL seasons."

I'm assuming WR Jayson Foster is from Georgia Southern.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
                        Still hanging around in Denver...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11330435

"Starting on next season

Shanahan on Monday signed six players to future contracts. Each of them finished the 2008 season on the practice squad.

The signings include: defensive tackle Matthias Askew, guard Mitch Erickson, wide receiver Jayson Foster, defensive tackle Ryan McBean, cornerback Rashod Moulton and wide receiver Matt Willis.

Each of them were in their first or second NFL seasons."

I'm assuming WR Jayson Foster is from Georgia Southern.
                        Then Shanahan got the ax...

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                          Then Shanahan got the ax...
                          That was a surprise. He's a solid coach. I'll bet he ends up with another team. Hopefully Mitch will stick through the transition.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            That was a surprise. He's a solid coach. I'll bet he ends up with another team. Hopefully Mitch will stick through the transition.
                            I think it had more to do with his job as GM....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                              I think it had more to do with his job as GM....
                              My point is that a new coach and GM might evaluate the talent differently than Shanahan did. Denver was one of those teams that liked "undersized" but athletic offensive linemen (versus, for example, the Vikings, who like them huge first and athletic second). Mitch is a little small, which seems like an odd thing to say about a 285 pound guy, so Shanahan's system was perfect for him. Will the next coach want a huge offensive line?

That's my point. Doesn't really matter that Shanahan signed him. Will the next GM think he's the right guy for the Broncos offensive line needs?
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X